my husband, I and 4 yr old had a recent 1 week stay half-board at this hotel and was glad to be going home at the end of it and that we hadn't booked to stay any longer.
On the plus side, the room was clean and every day the cleaning staff made it up to a very good standard. However, my daughter had to sleep on a put up very old and out of condition sofa bed. Thankfully she was light enough not to have been a problem for her. It was a very small room for the 3 of us and we felt on top of each other all week.
The food was basic. Again, on the plus side the meats were different and quite well cooked each evening but the vegetables and everything else were always the same, hardly any variation.
We arrived about 11pm and there was nowhere to get a hot drink or any other drink. I asked if a kettle was available but the chap at reception could not understand what I asked Again on the plus side as I needed a certain hot drink for medication purposes the man at reception said he would go to the other side of the hotel to get me a cup of hot water, so we had to wait another 10 minutes in reception for this. My husband nor daughter were offered a drink, thankfully they were fine with the drinks we had with them. Also on arrival we were greeted with having to pay an extra almost 14 euros tourist tax which was not mentioned beforehand.
My daughter had been really looking forward to the childrens activities so on the first day we went to where the club was meant to be taking place and nothing was going on at all. Also she was really looking forward to seeing the dressed up tiger that was on all the info about the hotel, I tried asking many times about this but no-one knew could understand what I was asking.
The childrens activities were very disappointing for her.
In the info it leads you to believe that there are several restaurants to choose from, again on arrival we were told, this is your restaurant where you will eat. There was no other choice.
We stayed from Tuesday to Tuesday. From the Tuesday to Friday it was fairly quiet but over the weekend the hotel was bursting at the seams with spanish people visiting. There were no sunbeds available throughout the day, although some older ones were there chained up in the vicinity and the restaurant was manically overcrowded. It then became quieter again for our final day.
I had been looking forward to the spa at the hotel but did not find it during our stay and there was no indication where it was. As other people have said, the reception staff could not speak much English so I spoke in my schoolgirl french to communicate which wasn't very successful.
On the whole then it was very basic and in comparison, I and my daughter enjoyed a more comfortable stay in a travel lodge in England a month beforehand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic and beautiful gardens, swimming pools, waterfalls, tennis courts, a sport area, solarium, gym, an extensive variety of spacious comfortable and lively terraces. Combine together these amenities and facilities create Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa the ideal location for an immensely pleasurable and original holiday.Choose between five different swimming pools situated at various levels around the complex (one of them heated and covered). Spacious gardens to enjoy for leisure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guitart Central Park Resort And Spa
- Guitart Central Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Guitart Central Park Spa
- Hotel Guitart Central Park
- Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain