“Nobility stayed here - It is NOT that bad”

Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort
Ranked #100 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Before this hotel being booked as I often seek to locate accommodation hotels with conference facilities, I read one or two comments on Trip Advisor and I suppose I was a little thoughtful before arrival.

I think that it is about time questions and comments which have previously been posted on the Guitart Hotel group MUST be brought into context. Before anyone suggests to the contrary this report by me is voluntary and I have received no renumeration for its contents. Other than senior management no one knew I was arriving and it was simply booked in my first and surname.

The Guitart Central is actually a complex of hotels all owned by the same chain with standards of GOLD down to standard rooms with appartments also available above the modern and well equipped Health Spa. The standard rooms are that, STANDARD but they do have normal facilities of bathroom etc, some have balcony some not.

Silver rooms are better equipped and Gold rooms and Gold Suites are the best this complex offers but a 15 minute walk away is The Hotel Monterey, a 5 star offering. This IS the creme de la creme but obviously costs more. The new Casino is expected to be finished by January 2010 for a New Year opening.

There are common restaurants shared by the clients of the hotel(s) who can be there on any board basis through to All Inclusive.

You receive what you pay for, the staff are not rude unless people are rude to them as I saw, they can be helpful and will inter react with clients. There is some difficulties with conversation but a common language is found. I found French and English went a long way. If you try, they will try. Helpfully the staff wear ID badges which indicate which languages they speak. (Why not try a few words in Spanish)

Let me dispell previous comments read about prostitutes being about every 200 metres along the road near the hotel, that is rubbish. Very near to the hotel are the various night clubs and bars who use attractive ladies and also guys to entice clients into their premises, they carry an ID card which clearly shows who they represent.

This can be a VERY popular family hotel, yes it is noisy (so is LLoret) in the late evening is used for parties of all ages. It is good for couples and for the single traveller if prepared to mingle.

The standard of food is simple fayre with plenty of choices, it is not cordon bleu but for that go to The Monterey Freu Restaurant, I await that pleasure.

I will close by saying that I would have no hesitation in suggesting people experience the ambiance and at times others letting their hair down. I will be passing my comments elsewhere. If you want a quiet evening try to stay in Guitart 1 and ask for a room facing away from the open air disco.

There are five pools, several bars, bicycles and sports equipment can be rented, there is a tennis court. There is an entertainment programme which differs over the year.

You receive what you pay for, go for accommodation within your standards and perhaps avoid internet special offers where some just book available bed space, may be in basic standard rooms.

The people who have reported adversely with the benefit of hindsight may well re consider and certainly the complainant who mentioned the problems with a lift and a lady who kept nudging him with her breasts I could not find her anywhere.

Enjoy the experience and remember to tell them that THE COUNT sent you.

Regards

Leslie R A

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Safenoble
Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed 9 June 2009

A lot of the reviews suggest this is poor for families but good for stag/hen parties, this is why we booked this 'hole' for a 21st birthday party of 24 lads.
The rooms were so small we could not even open the balcony door, the corridors smelt and were littered with stains and grime.
The food was awful, for not one person out of our group daring to touch any meat it must have been bad, believe me!
The staff were so miserable it was incredible, you felt you were being rude by asking for anything.
Lloret de Mar itself is rubbish, steer clear for any party you may be having, it is full of Germans so everything is catered towards them and the nightlife is not at all good.
Please do not make the same mistake we did by thinking 'it will be fine for what we want', it really isn't.
The rooms were so bad, about 1/4 of our party paid 40E a night each to upgrade to a nicer room, (the rooms on the pictures by the way), which are 7 out of 10.
In summary, hotel = awful, Lloret De Mar = shocking, holiday good as a result of the company.

DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gb1878
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I wish I'd read the reviews. We actually booked this hotel in error because the photos looked like a hotel we'd stayed in previously and enjoyed. I changed rooms 3 times to escape the noise. Eventually moved into the apartment block over the spa - this was fairly basic and ant infested but quieter and a considerable improvement on the previous rooms., but meant I had to carry my case across the complex and up several flights of stairs. The gold rooms look better but are still noisy. The bar staff were surly and treated you like dirt. The pool areas are very crowded - and also noisy. Do not go here unless you are a very young and want to go out and get very drunk every night with the freedom to come back and run down corridors shouting, screaming, singing and banging on doors.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Booked this hotel for one week , but stayed one night. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I viewed the photos on the internet and was really looking forward to stay at this 4 star resort with spar, how wrong I was. This hotel was more like a one star slum. We were welcomed by the overwhelming noise of screaming kids running around everywhere while there parents were getting waisted in the bar which resembled the bar scene from Star Wars. The food in the restaurant was inedible, the table was full of uneaten plates of food which we tried but had to push away. The choice was very limited, you probably get better food in prison, and the soup I dont what flavour it was supposed to be, smelt of urine. Was kept awake all night by shouting and people fighting until 5am. Left that morning in a foul mood and went to Barcelona to stay, it cost us alot more money but was worth to get out of that HELL HOLE. Thank god the hotel gave us a full refund or I dont know what we would have done. My advice to anyone who is booked at this hotel is cancel dont even chance it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My partner booked a three night four day mini break for my 36th birthday at this "FAULTY TOWERS" of the Costa Brava. She had shown me the pictures on the internet and it looked very nice. We arrived after forking out 47 euro's in the taxi from girona airport at about 2000hrs. Straight away we had our all inclusive wrist bands slapped on us and we were given our room key. We then made our way through the very nice foyer area of the hotel to the lifts. We pushed the button for floor four and we were very excited about getting settled in our plush room. All i can say is that the lifts must be time machines!!! because as soon as we exited the lift we were transported back into the 30's. The corridors were carpeted in what could be passed as sacking. Chipwood wall paper on the walls which was very dirty and was probably the origional paper. Then came the shock of the room. I could have cried. My 16month old son could have made a better job of the decor. The patio doors were made of really poor timber that opened if you coughed on them. The beds were straight from a prison camp slapped together with a really thin matress on top. The en-suite or stool bucket in a room, as i liked to call it was disgusting. There was a window in the corner of the room which when opened looked straight at a sewer down pipe which stunk of fieces. NOT THE BEST VIEW OF LLORET. Such was our disgust at the room we went and complained straight away. This was not the room we booked via the web site. After talking to a brick wall for fifteen mins we upgraded to a suite which cost us 100 euros extra. This room was fantastic. I could not believe that it was in the same hotel. Very clean, very modern very well decorated and a twin balcony with upvc doors leading out to them.
My next gripe though is that of the all inclusive package. We were not informed of where we could go or not go. We went to a bar in the complex one night and was told that there was an entrance fee, and that the all inclusive did not apply. BUT, the night before we went to the same bar and we used our all inclusive cards all night. Another night was spent at yet another bar which was very crowded with approx 200 guests all asking for drinks, and there was 1, yes 1 bar staff on. we waited about ten mins then decided to go around Lloret instead. The food was very nice although crowded at the self service tables.
All in all, i will not be returning to this hotel and i will not recomend it to any of our friends. The suite rooms are very nice, the other rooms are from a 30's [----] hole. I never saw a Spa. The pool looked very nice but was swamped with argumentative spotty little teenagers. Food was adequate, but be prepared to fight for it. Staff were not very helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We got a good deal, and checked the hotels own web page which looked very very nice.
We arrived quite late and were immediately tagged (all inclusive bracelets) and shipped to our rooms, which probably were the worse hotel rooms I have ever seen in my life. There was a rusty carpet with stains from years and years of goodness knows what??The so called double bed was slightly larger than a single bed with a thin single blanket for 2 ppl.
The next day we managed to get an upgrade for 70 euros more, and at least the rooms were of normal standard.
The buffet dinners was one big wrestling match, often queing for more than 20 min before being seated. On our way to the buffet diner in the restaurant we even saw a dead rat lying under the tables.
We managed to kill the week by taking the bus into Barcelona (which is 1 hr away) two of the days, and that was definately the highlight of our trip.
The indoor swimming pool was out of function for the entire stay, and we saw no spa???

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2009

This was a late deal at the end of october, we werent expecting anything great considering what we had paid but this place really took the biscuit! On first impressions the hotel looks nice with the palm trees and the main pool area is beautiful but that is where it stops! DO NOT pay for a basic room assuming that it means limited facilities ie no iron etc it actually means, dirty carpeted corridors, woodchip wallpaper with lary yellow paint, moudy bathroom with a bath the size of a shower cubicle, a door that hits the toilet before you can even get in the bathroom and all in all just very dingy! Then there is the tv, which is not important on holiday but one does like to catch the news once or twice - impossible as the channels are mostly french and german, more so than spanish! The walls are paper thin and you can hear what is going on all night in other rooms, the balcony door was a jok, not double glazed in fact it was completely unsecure. You could push it with one finger and it would open, the view from the balcony was of bins and litter and rollers of laundry AND the hotel don juan like to play an airport tannoy noise (ding dong ding dong sorta thing) which can be heard frequently even at midnight! I know i must sound like a complete old bag but this was truly awful, there is more...the guests are mainly older (50plus) french and german and the majority seem to think they own the place, dinner was like feeding the wolves, a french woman was so desperate to get in that she barged me with her breasts at least 10 times which made me feel incredibly uncomfortable! When seated, another lady tried to take my boyfriends chair when he went up to get food, we literally had to guard eachothers chairs! So obviously caters for the french and the german which again isnt a problem but the breakfast was dreadful. And lastly, sorry to go on but the resort is so incredibly tacky, it is full of arab equivalent to pound shops where the men pester you like you were in egypt, the beach is shingles and i dont know how the kids managed it I must be a wimp but it really hurt my feet, and you cant walk for five seconds without somebody chasing you saying are you english? go to such and such a club for 15euros theres thousands of people, unfortunately they think all english people want to get absolutely wasted and spend all their money on rubbish! The bars and the restaurants are very tacky and very few spanish, cantina mariachi is a complete rip off and the whole resort is dirty and expensive for poor quality food. DO NOT GO TO LLORET DE MAR OR THE GOOOEEYTART!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple