Before this hotel being booked as I often seek to locate accommodation hotels with conference facilities, I read one or two comments on Trip Advisor and I suppose I was a little thoughtful before arrival.
I think that it is about time questions and comments which have previously been posted on the Guitart Hotel group MUST be brought into context. Before anyone suggests to the contrary this report by me is voluntary and I have received no renumeration for its contents. Other than senior management no one knew I was arriving and it was simply booked in my first and surname.
The Guitart Central is actually a complex of hotels all owned by the same chain with standards of GOLD down to standard rooms with appartments also available above the modern and well equipped Health Spa. The standard rooms are that, STANDARD but they do have normal facilities of bathroom etc, some have balcony some not.
Silver rooms are better equipped and Gold rooms and Gold Suites are the best this complex offers but a 15 minute walk away is The Hotel Monterey, a 5 star offering. This IS the creme de la creme but obviously costs more. The new Casino is expected to be finished by January 2010 for a New Year opening.
There are common restaurants shared by the clients of the hotel(s) who can be there on any board basis through to All Inclusive.
You receive what you pay for, the staff are not rude unless people are rude to them as I saw, they can be helpful and will inter react with clients. There is some difficulties with conversation but a common language is found. I found French and English went a long way. If you try, they will try. Helpfully the staff wear ID badges which indicate which languages they speak. (Why not try a few words in Spanish)
Let me dispell previous comments read about prostitutes being about every 200 metres along the road near the hotel, that is rubbish. Very near to the hotel are the various night clubs and bars who use attractive ladies and also guys to entice clients into their premises, they carry an ID card which clearly shows who they represent.
This can be a VERY popular family hotel, yes it is noisy (so is LLoret) in the late evening is used for parties of all ages. It is good for couples and for the single traveller if prepared to mingle.
The standard of food is simple fayre with plenty of choices, it is not cordon bleu but for that go to The Monterey Freu Restaurant, I await that pleasure.
I will close by saying that I would have no hesitation in suggesting people experience the ambiance and at times others letting their hair down. I will be passing my comments elsewhere. If you want a quiet evening try to stay in Guitart 1 and ask for a room facing away from the open air disco.
There are five pools, several bars, bicycles and sports equipment can be rented, there is a tennis court. There is an entertainment programme which differs over the year.
You receive what you pay for, go for accommodation within your standards and perhaps avoid internet special offers where some just book available bed space, may be in basic standard rooms.
The people who have reported adversely with the benefit of hindsight may well re consider and certainly the complainant who mentioned the problems with a lift and a lady who kept nudging him with her breasts I could not find her anywhere.
Enjoy the experience and remember to tell them that THE COUNT sent you.
Leslie R A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic and beautiful gardens, swimming pools, waterfalls, tennis courts, a sport area, solarium, gym, an extensive variety of spacious comfortable and lively terraces. Combine together these amenities and facilities create Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa the ideal location for an immensely pleasurable and original holiday.Choose between five different swimming pools situated at various levels around the complex (one of them heated and covered). Spacious gardens to enjoy for leisure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guitart Central Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Guitart Central Park Resort And Spa
- Guitart Central Park Spa
- Hotel Guitart Central Park
- Guitart Central Park Resort Spa
- Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain