I stayed here with my boyfriend over the Easter holidays and had a great stay.
Location- the hotel is about a ten minute walk from the very nice fenals beach, and about 15 mins from the strip. Its nice not being to near the noisy strip but close enough that you can go there if you want to. It is up a hill to get to the strip but this was no problem for us.
Rooms- The hotel itself is definitely 4 star, but the rooms are more 3 star. They are quite small and dated, although sufficient, Also if you wanted a safe or a mini fridge in your room it was 20 euros a week for each, and in most 4 star hotels you would expect these extras to be provided. Also we were in room 103 which was a floor above the wifi zone, meaning we had wifi in our room which was a bonus. I would not like to be in room 101 or any near the lift as the doors are thin and you would never get any sleep. One night a loud group of teens came back from the strip at 3am and woke everyone up on the floor, which is when we realised how thin the doors were.
Breakfast- We only had bed and breakfast and we enjoyed breakfast every day. There was always something we liked, and the chef was always making fresh fried eggs and crepes or churros- it changed each day.
Facilities- The sunbeds were always easy to procure, but I think that may have been done to the time of year we went. The lifeguard is very friendly though and always stopped to say hi. We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi and steam room which was all very nice and free to use This was definitely one of the highlights of the hotel. The gym on the other hand left a lot to be desired, some equipment didnt work and the weights machines were soo old that something broke off of one when my boyfriend used it.
Overall we had a great stay at this hotel, with lovely staff and a great atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet area of Platja Fenals, on the outskirts of Lloret, this delightful, friendly four-star hotel has been awarded the FAMILY TOURISM certificate and the ISO 9001 quality standards. It provides an excellent standard of amenities and services and is the ideal choice for a holiday with your partner, family or friends. Hotel Aquarium also has swimming pools for children and adults, a heated pool, a new SPA area with a fabulous fitness suite, Turkish bath, multishower, heated loungers, bi-thermal shower, massage area (the only SPA service that incurs a charge). There is also an archery gallery, day and evening entertainment for adults and children and a kid’s club in the summer season (June to September), garden, terrace, buffet-style meals and show cooking and free WiFi throughout the hotel. Its location next to the beach and the shopping area of Platja de Fenals, 800m from the centre of Lloret, provides guests with an array of options for exploring the surroundings. Since 2011, this hotel has been fitted with solar panels to heat water for the bathrooms and the indoor swimming pool. We do not accept pets Have an unforgettable holiday at Hotel Aquarium. We know you’ll be back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarium Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Aquarium Lloret De Mar
- Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain