“Very pleasant indeed.........”

Aparthotel Costa Encantada
Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The bus journey from Barcelona to Lloret had us pass and stop at some run-down towns and Hotels. So the first sight of the Costa Encantada and the surrounding area made us very pleased with our destination choice. All clean and not run-down like so many places on the journey in. Close enough to the action to not be out of the way - but not as far away as to be a pain. Perfect !

Not the Hotels fault - but a slight 'faux-pas' on the Transfers meant we rocked up to the Hotels reception at 3am. All looked pretty pleasant as we entered and walked to the desk. Upon booking in; about the first thing we were told is "...we owed 20 Euros for local Tax". I cant believe no-one has mentioned this as everyone i saw was having to pay..........

Anyway. Room was fantastic. As good as ive had on a 'cheap' family holiday. VERY spacious, very clean, seperate bedroom, lounge, toilet and kitchen with a double balcony on the outside. Spotlessly clean and the cleaners came in every day too. Only gripe being they didnt ever seem to sweep the floor and there was no brush and dust-pan supplied. And although they made the beds everyday - im not so sure the sheets wern't changed in the 12 nights we stayed. We even ripped everything off the beds and threw the lot onto the floor one day - only to find those same sheets back on the bed when we returned to our room !

Staff in general were excellent and as mentioned Gail on reception is helpful.

Food: Seemed to be getting worse during our 12 night stay (17th - 29th May 14) if im honest. Was never dire, but as the Hotel was clearly getting busier the quailty and choice got worse. As was the same stuff (Leftovers) appearing in another form in later days as time went on..... To me when the Hotel was quieter at the start of our Holiday, the food was considerably better than it was at the end when the Hotel was geting really full and obviously busy.

Breakfast for me was ALWAYS the best meal of the day and was always very good, but as i say nothing was dire, but then again it wasnt special by any means. And can anyone tell me why EVERYTHING is served up here stone-bloody-cold ????? (If you like your food anything like warm - expect the microwave in the dining area to get used often !)

Pool area great, football / basketball courts very nice and the amusements for the kids was more than enough.

Lloret itself was a pleasant walk away, and had some nice shops along the back street, although - like the local shops to the Hotel - is spolied by many "Lookey-Lookey" shop owners (Their exact words to us Brits as we passed their shop-fronts,NOT me being racist) .......enticing you in to look at their tat for sale. Think Great Yarmouth sea-front on steroids and you'll be right on the money. Utter rubbish, if not a little embarrasing and uncomfortable if you wern't interested but getting hassled.........

All in all a pretty fair Holiday. Unfortunately ours was spolied a little by poor weather and the fact we couldnt lounge around the pool; meant boredom was the order of the day for our kids as there wasnt a huge amount to do, and the kids club was so poorly advertised - we didnt even realise it existed until we'd nearly left. I didnt expect anyone to come find us, but the times / days etc are right around the corner near the lifts and not easy to spot unless your already actively looking.

There is plenty to do locally with the Nou Camp at Barcelona, Waterpark 5 minutes up the road (Very good and clean and tidy it is too), and various other local attractions and days out. of course.

Would i go back ? Doubtful. Not my style to go to the same place twice. But this is certainly a nice place, very clean and tidy and you wont go hungry or thirsty on the all inclusive package.

With a little more thought, attention to detail and things to do at the Hotel if the weather isnt so great - this could really be quite a special family resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sevenfourate
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for my partners 40th birthday for a week on May 13th. We were very impressed for what we got for the money we paid (not a lot)
By far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, lovely big spacious apartments, big balcony over looking pool, amazing powerful shower. We stayed half board and meals were lovely, breakfast better than dinner, sometimes dinner didn't have a lot of choice as we don't like fish and didn't trust the meat! Drinks were average priced, staff were very helpful and sweet. We shall be returning later in the year with our son for a short break as it seemed very child friendly. Not so sure on the area itself, we got a bit bored but we didn't have very warm weather so couldn't swim or sunbathe. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Sunnygirl2013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely studio room with balcony and kitchenette aswell as separate bedroom. Whole hotel was clean, staff on reception helpful especially Gail from Scotland! Lovely pools outside and not too busy or noisy as well as indoor pool which our little boy loved. We stayed from 8th to 16th May 2014. We were bed and breakfast and the food was great , only thing i would say is if you`re full board or all inclusive, don`t think dinner is served til 8pm so could be difficult with young children, though burgers etc are served at the pool bar most of the day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cara M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked this hotel months in advance due to the good reviews it had and a brilliant deal for the hotel at the time. We certainly weren't disappointed! I made a room request about a week or so before we arrived and when we checked in I was pleased to find they had taken this into account and given us a top floor studio over looking the pool. The room was spacious for 2 people with a good kitchenette and nice balcony.

The grounds are quite big that it is set on with great facilities both indoor and out. We were lucky with the time of year as both the indoor and outdoor pools are open at the moment - an amazing facility to have! The outdoor pool is huge with two bridges over it. It's very pretty and has plenty of space for sunbathing around it as well as a pool side bar. The indoor pool is located right beside the outdoor one through glass doors. This pool is much smaller but still a great facility.

A decent sized supermarket is just down the road (5 minute walk...10 maybe with shopping haha) which is very very handy for the self catering side of things.

We stayed 3 nights and therefore declined the cleaning service everyday however on the second day we came face to face with one cleaning lady who insisted on taking our towels at least. While waiting outside the door she spotted that the bin was full and slipped passed me smirking to empty and replace the bag. About 10 minutes later she returned knocking on our door - bringing toilet paper we didn't even ask for. Only a silly brief encounter but her eagerness to help us and do her job was nice to see :)

Overall we were very happy with this hotel and had a relaxing time. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nessa S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

this would have got an excellent if it wasn't for one small thing. they expect you to take the rubbish out yourself from the room. I've never seen that before and you don't expect that to be a rule on your holiday. Otherwise this hotel is lovely. Very nice big rooms top floor rooms have a private roof balcony we was so lucky to get one of these. The lady on reception Gail is very lovely and told us lots of good places to visit in Barcelona and sorted out tickets for us to watch barca v athletico - again we were very lucky and got sea 3 rows from the pitch :) a friendly clean hotel with nice pools and a bar area we went out a lot so I can't tell you much about entertainment and food but I guess it would be good quality. Lloret De Mar is a 10-15 min walk this is good you wouldn't want to be near all the pubs and clubs. Its a nice enough place to visit. As long as you search beyond the strip. IN LLORET AND FENALS THERE ARE ALOT OF SHOP KEEPERS WHO HASSLE YOU AND ANNOY YOU WHEN YOU WALK BY I DO THINK COMPARED TO OTHER PLACES THINGS ARE QUITE OVER PRICED AND PUSHED ON TO YOU DONT GIVE IN TO THEM THEY ARE ALSO VERY RUDE ONE TOLD ME I WAS DUMB BECAUSE I AM ENGLISH!!! ALSO VERY IMPORTANT PICK POCKETS TRY TO DANCE WITH YOU IN THE STREET AND WHILST DANCING STEAL FROM YOUR POCKETS ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS HERE.

Room Tip: top floor block A
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank kerry096
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hi stayed here on the 15 to 19th may after emailing the hotel about all inclusive we was told we could do this on our four night stay only to get there and find out we couldnt the food was poor chicken was raw in the middle two of our party was put on the top floor in a smallest room ever after asking to be moved told no more rooms and hotel was full wich was a lie as hardly any more people arrived all in all avoid this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank stu845
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from a 1 week all inclusive stay at Costa Encantada with my wife.

My review, my words, my opinions so not everyone will agree but hope it helps some of you out there looking to book this hotel.

First impressions of this hotel is that it is very impressive, very large and extremely clean. After parking the car in the large free car park the the check in process was very easy and quick by a pleasant receptionist. We were taken directly to the door of our room and were in just there 10 mins after arriving at hotel.

Room...we were accommodated in a 1 bed apartment with nice balcony overlooking the pool and had a distant seaview. It had a separate bedroom with wardrobes and safe and lots of clothes hangers, a lounge area with sofa bed, table and 4 chairs, mini kitchen with microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge with freezer box, 2 ring hob plus all the cupboards and cutlery, plates, cups and glasses etc plus a large probably 37" flat screen tv which had a bout 60 channels but only a couple in English, Eurosport / news but subtitles on some of the others a music channel, it also had a bout 15 radio channels and a hdmi port if you wanted to attach your own equipment. The hallway had storage / wardrobes and spare pillows / blankets. The bathroom was excellent with bidet, toilet, sink and bath with shower over, the shower was excellent and very powerful and always plenty of hot water no matter what the time of the day. The room was spotless you could probably eat of the floor it was so clean everywhere, we were very happy indeed.

Hotel facilities were very good, indoor swimming pool, massive outdoor swimming pool split into 3 separated by 2 bridges, small children's pool, loads of sunbeds and well spaced out you are not too close to others. The sun beds are comfy but plastic but you can rent pads for the sunbed for 2 euros (not sure if this is supposed to be each day or for the week but my wife just kept it all week anyway). Also on the pool level there is an amusement arcade with pool tables, air hockey, table tennis and lots of electronic arcade machines. The pool bar / snack bar is also here but I never went in there the whole week we stayed as I had no need to. There is a football 'court' and Tennis court and a separate Basketball court and they are well looked after not the usual shabby neglected areas you see in many hotels. There is good sized kiddies play area with plenty of stuff and climbing frames / slides for them to play on at the front of the hotel which is all closed off. Downstairs from the pool area is toilets, showers (we used on check out day) changing rooms. There is also a laundry with washing machines and ironing facilities here as well as access to the underground garage...lifts available.

Other facilities are large reception area with 3 distinct areas for relaxing / sitting with friends around the tables / chairs and the main bar and restaurant. Also a well stocked shop although a little more expensive than outside. There is a new lounge area down a corridor that is absolutely beautiful with comfy relaxing sofas and chairs, a library area and behind this is the newly opened hairdressers. Everything looks brand new and spotlessly clean in this area.

Cleanliness is outstanding, rooms cleaned daily with beds made and towel change, sweep the floors etc but note the cleaners do not take your bins out you must do this yourself. The whole hotel is spotless everywhere inside and out and well manicured gardens and it is a credit to the staff.

Restaurant & food.....this is quite big and also has an outside area for the warmer days / nights. Food, now this is were generally on my reviews the problems start as I am a fussy eater and generally eat out a lot even when A/I or half board etc BUT not here!!!! The food was excellent with superb choice at every meal, the quality was also very high and I was very pleased with everything I had (still can't believe it). You would be hard pressed to find much fault with the choice or quality here.....beef, lamb, pork, chicken, rabbit and plenty of fish was on offer most days over lunch and dinner as well as pastas paella etc etc The salad bar was plentiful, lots of fruits and great desserts, profiteroles (superb) 2 or 3 days, fresh strawberries and ice cream a couple of days being my favourites. One gripe some had was the time of dinner starting at 8pm not great for little ones.

Drinks / All Inclusive....Was available at each bar despite other reports, the drink quality was good and the service was fairly quick as the bars were never really that busy most of the time but people on A/I are in the minority, I also never saw anyone get preference service over all inclusive guests. My only gripe is the difference in glasses if paying or plastic if all inclusive, I don't understand the point at all. If a soft drink it is general thin plastic throw away cup ( fine no problem there) but for your long drinks g&t etc it is an exact sized replica of the normal glasses but thick plastic that also needs cleaning etc (they are not throw away) so I just don't see the point of it at all and makes you feel like a different class to guests who have not prepaid for A/I. At 11pm on the dot you will NOT get served A/I anymore but have to pay, there was no abuse or drunkiness the week we stayed at the hotel.

Entertainment....there is a kiddies club advertised twice a day (others said it was good but we had no kids with us) daytime activities advertised but we did not partake in any. The entertainment staff are very nice and pleasant and have a smile and hello for all guests. The evening entertainment is truly awful, they have a mini disco at 9 (which is fine and the highlight of the night) and a visiting act at 10pm snake show / parrot show / magic act etc but they are not great and after this they play old fashioned spanish music ALL night long, nothing else, no english music nada, so unless you like waltzing to old time spanish music you may be disappointed with it, we certainly were. Entertainment finished about 12.30am although we generally never made it past 11pm ourselves.

Staff....from all the reception to cleaning, entertainment to waiting / bar staff we found 95% of them to be wonderful, very happy, very helpful and felt the need to leave a few tips as they were very very well deserved. Just one member of staff in particular needs a mention for going out and beyond the call of duty of being the most miserable man in Spain but other than our nickname of 'Happy from the 7 dwarfs' I couldn't possibly name him here but you will meet him, I am sure he hated the fact that I went out of my way to be so nice to him.

The area of Lloret de Mar....the hotel is the Fenals area about 10 mins walk from the beach with bars / restaurants along the way and many supermarkets within a couple of minutes walk. The main nightlife of Lloret is 1.1km away and taxis are expensive ranging from 6.60 euros to 8.30 euros for the same 1.1km trip, rediculous!!! The Lloret beach is bigger but it is steep for little ones and you would need to be careful with them. Plenty of boat trips and water sports at the beach and about half a dozen bars on the beach itself, went in one on friday and the cocktails were 8 or 11 euros depending on the size but they were big and tasted very nice but we went back on sunday for the 'afternoon' to have a few cocktails and the same drinks were now 10 euros or 13 euros so they put them up 2 euros, don't know why they did but felt ripped off. Went to the main strip on thurs night about midnight and thought it was very seedy, gangs of men everywhere trying to get you into the clubs (very persistent and unfriendly), gangs of drunk men everywhere making shows of themselves and although we only ended up staying there for 45 minutes we were offered 'charlie' & 'hashish' 3 times, also offered it outside burger king on Sunday in the afternoon. English are very much in the minority to other Europeans except for the louts who are were pretty much all English. We found everywhere expensive compared to other parts of Spain (bars, restaurants and shops) so if you are used to great offers for food / drink at the likes of Benidorm, Costa Del Sol or Tenerife then you may be disappointed.

All in all we had a great relaxing week at a fantastic hotel that I would highly recommend to anyone, the only downside is the late entertainment. However Lloret is just not for us and we would not return to the area in a hurry but that is just our preference.

Remember this is just our views and we are all different but I hope some of the info in it is useful for others when looking to book the great Costa Encantada hotel. Any questions feel free to private message me.

Happy holidays.