The bus journey from Barcelona to Lloret had us pass and stop at some run-down towns and Hotels. So the first sight of the Costa Encantada and the surrounding area made us very pleased with our destination choice. All clean and not run-down like so many places on the journey in. Close enough to the action to not be out of the way - but not as far away as to be a pain. Perfect !
Not the Hotels fault - but a slight 'faux-pas' on the Transfers meant we rocked up to the Hotels reception at 3am. All looked pretty pleasant as we entered and walked to the desk. Upon booking in; about the first thing we were told is "...we owed 20 Euros for local Tax". I cant believe no-one has mentioned this as everyone i saw was having to pay..........
Anyway. Room was fantastic. As good as ive had on a 'cheap' family holiday. VERY spacious, very clean, seperate bedroom, lounge, toilet and kitchen with a double balcony on the outside. Spotlessly clean and the cleaners came in every day too. Only gripe being they didnt ever seem to sweep the floor and there was no brush and dust-pan supplied. And although they made the beds everyday - im not so sure the sheets wern't changed in the 12 nights we stayed. We even ripped everything off the beds and threw the lot onto the floor one day - only to find those same sheets back on the bed when we returned to our room !
Staff in general were excellent and as mentioned Gail on reception is helpful.
Food: Seemed to be getting worse during our 12 night stay (17th - 29th May 14) if im honest. Was never dire, but as the Hotel was clearly getting busier the quailty and choice got worse. As was the same stuff (Leftovers) appearing in another form in later days as time went on..... To me when the Hotel was quieter at the start of our Holiday, the food was considerably better than it was at the end when the Hotel was geting really full and obviously busy.
Breakfast for me was ALWAYS the best meal of the day and was always very good, but as i say nothing was dire, but then again it wasnt special by any means. And can anyone tell me why EVERYTHING is served up here stone-bloody-cold ????? (If you like your food anything like warm - expect the microwave in the dining area to get used often !)
Pool area great, football / basketball courts very nice and the amusements for the kids was more than enough.
Lloret itself was a pleasant walk away, and had some nice shops along the back street, although - like the local shops to the Hotel - is spolied by many "Lookey-Lookey" shop owners (Their exact words to us Brits as we passed their shop-fronts,NOT me being racist) .......enticing you in to look at their tat for sale. Think Great Yarmouth sea-front on steroids and you'll be right on the money. Utter rubbish, if not a little embarrasing and uncomfortable if you wern't interested but getting hassled.........
All in all a pretty fair Holiday. Unfortunately ours was spolied a little by poor weather and the fact we couldnt lounge around the pool; meant boredom was the order of the day for our kids as there wasnt a huge amount to do, and the kids club was so poorly advertised - we didnt even realise it existed until we'd nearly left. I didnt expect anyone to come find us, but the times / days etc are right around the corner near the lifts and not easy to spot unless your already actively looking.
There is plenty to do locally with the Nou Camp at Barcelona, Waterpark 5 minutes up the road (Very good and clean and tidy it is too), and various other local attractions and days out. of course.
Would i go back ? Doubtful. Not my style to go to the same place twice. But this is certainly a nice place, very clean and tidy and you wont go hungry or thirsty on the all inclusive package.
With a little more thought, attention to detail and things to do at the Hotel if the weather isnt so great - this could really be quite a special family resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four stars Aparthotel (Hotel Apartments), with all the services of a regular hotel but with the independence and facilities of an apartment. The swimming pool, recreations and bathing areas make of Aparthotel Costa Encantada an ideal gateway for families with kids. Located in the Fenals area in Lloret de Mar, at only 600 m form the beach. With a surface area of 25,000 m2 and astonishing 800 m2 outdoor pools, a heated pool and a large entertainment space for young and old. An all-inclusive Aparthotel designed for families. Many day-activities for children and adults, Mini-club, sports facilities: paddle-tennis, basket-ball, football (soccer) and a large plethora of pleasure and well-being for your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain