Just back from a 10 night break in Costa Encantada. We were on the 4th floor of Block A room 411 and it is a little dated (in need of a revamp) for a 4 star resort. I am sure there are nicer rooms available. The rooms were clean with a lovely flat screen TV, fridge freezer, cooker, hob, microwave & toaster.
We were situated at the front of the building overlooking the kids play area. My main gripe really with the room is that we could not enjoy our balcony space due to a faulty light flashing like a disco. We reported this to reception 4 times & it wasn't fixed. We were told it was on a timer & connected to the other lights so hard to fix. We were unable to turn the light off at night either. Such a shame really as it was the only flashing light in the whole section.
We were all inclusive and happy with the food available for each meal during our stay. However, they decided to allocate seating 2 for dinner which is at 8:45pm, which is way too late for a family to dine especially with a 4 year old. We approached reception and asked to be changed to 7:30 sitting & this was not a problem.
There are taxes due when you check in & we had to pay €13, so just be aware of that.
As stated in a previous post one of the bar men is very adamant that each person get 1 drink each at a time, this means as husband & wife we were expected to take turns to get our own drink rather than get for each other which seemed a bit silly if one of us was tending to our daughter at the park etc. Angel was very rude to us at one stage making a scene over getting 2 drinks that I felt I needed to tell him he was very rude to his face. I was fed up of him after 5/6 days.
The area around the hotel is lovely, Fenals beach fantastic & Sa Boadella beach a bit further away is pure paradise. A visit to Jardins De Coltilde a must & if you have little ones, Gnomo Park is fun for a few hours.
Lloret Centre is not a nice place to visit in the evening with children, a lot of police presence & we got an unsafe feeling around the place. We would definitely never stay in the centre of town.
The shops on the way to the beach (Fenals) are crying out for business so if you decide to shop for a few items they are cheaper than the town centre.
All in all a lovely stay but it's doubtful we would return to this hotel again as the all inclusive customers are really treated like 2nd class citizens at the bar especially.
Indoor pool great, pool area lovely too. Plenty of activities & the Animation Team are lovely.
Evening entertainment good if a little repetitive for kids but the shows after the disco can be great. Especially the Eclipse show, the lady with the hoola hoops was fantastic.
I hope this helps & sorry for such a long post.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four stars Aparthotel (Hotel Apartments), with all the services of a regular hotel but with the independence and facilities of an apartment. The swimming pool, recreations and bathing areas make of Aparthotel Costa Encantada an ideal gateway for families with kids. Located in the Fenals area in Lloret de Mar, at only 600 m form the beach. With a surface area of 25,000 m2 and astonishing 800 m2 outdoor pools, a heated pool and a large entertainment space for young and old. An all-inclusive Aparthotel designed for families. Many day-activities for children and adults, Mini-club, sports facilities: paddle-tennis, basket-ball, football (soccer) and a large plethora of pleasure and well-being for your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain