I booked this hotel based on Trip Adviser reviews and because it looked good in the pictures especially the pool area. I travelled there in July (2 adults with 2 teens aged 15 and 12). Weather was brilliant.
We arrived late via taxi to the hotel at around 1.30am. Check in was quick and the man on reception pointed to the A area of the hotel and we were left to find our rooms exhausted with 4 suitcases and 4 hold bags. No water or food was left in the room even though we had paid for a day’s all-inclusive and there was no bar open to purchase anything. The room was very out dated at best a 2* and me and my husband went to reception to ask for an alternative room but none was available until the morning. We were given an alternative room the next day in B area when we asked again (as there was no follow up) which was a 3* room with a pool view and compared to the room in A block which overlooked a car park I was much happier.
All inclusive: all-inclusive is self service and there is a room near the pool set aside for all-inclusive guests to eat and drink. The bar men don’t want to serve you if you are all-inclusive - it is too much trouble. Staff require re-training in customer service. At no time were there any more than 5 people at the bar in the evening yet the wee man behind the bar at reception kept shouting “one person one drink” it became laughable after a while.
Entertainment is an issue as there is absolutely nothing for couples or teenagers. The entertainment is in Spanish with no translation but I seen young children sit through it. This hotel doesn’t suit English speaking guests. We spent 2 nights watching the football in the library which is the only 4* part of the hotel. We paid 15 euro for the wi-fi as my children couldn’t have done without it there was nothing to entertain them.
Food was the normal all-inclusive stuff and I have no real complaints. However, desserts were too limited in variety for a 4 * hotel. If you were half board you were served your drinks at the table but all inclusive guests had to use the self service machines. You could get wine or water but you had to catch the waiters/waitresses eye to get it. Breakfast time was far too busy and we preferred to sit outside as it was really nice.
Pool was lovely and kept clean. Rooms were not cleaned to normal Spanish standards. Floors were never swept, beds were made and towels were changed, bin was never emptied and could be a problem for self catering. Public areas in the hotel were clean.
Location: Fenals is a much nicer area than Lloret but I would never return to the Costa Brava. We went to the Waterpark which is built on a hill and to Barcelona and they were the best 2 days of the holiday. Public transport is very good and easily accessed.
This hotel is one of the best looking hotels in the Lloret area but it would not rate alongside 4* hotels in Tenerife, Majorca, Portugal. It’s probably the best of the worst. Tour operators need to make English speaking guests aware of the language barrier before they book. I am writing this review not to complain but in the hope that the management team will correct the problems before they become major issues. I paid well for 6 days all inclusive around 2500 euro including flights but was disappointed as I never felt welcome in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four stars Aparthotel (Hotel Apartments), with all the services of a regular hotel but with the independence and facilities of an apartment. The swimming pool, recreations and bathing areas make of Aparthotel Costa Encantada an ideal gateway for families with kids. Located in the Fenals area in Lloret de Mar, at only 600 m form the beach. With a surface area of 25,000 m2 and astonishing 800 m2 outdoor pools, a heated pool and a large entertainment space for young and old. An all-inclusive Aparthotel designed for families. Many day-activities for children and adults, Mini-club, sports facilities: paddle-tennis, basket-ball, football (soccer) and a large plethora of pleasure and well-being for your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain