“Lovely time with our toddler”

GHT Oasis Park & SPA
Ranked #21 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Myself, my partner (both early 30's) and our 2 year old stayed in the Oasis Park for a week at the end of July.
Our transfer from the airport was late at night and passing through Lloret de Mar after midnight was not a pretty sight. It was flash back 10 years to my girls holidays to Magaluf and the likes!!! We did not go back! The hotel is about a 10 minute drive away from here.
We arrived at the hotel around 00:30 and we checked in quickly and easily. First impression of the room was that it was very small, with 3 single beds but immaculately clean. The next day we ended up pushing all 3 beds together as I was worried our little boy would fall out onto the tiled floor. This gave us a little more room in the room anyway. The room was cleaned daily and the maids were great and accommodated my sons nap times! The air con is as standard and was very welcome, especially durning the days. We paid €21 to have a fridge for the week, it was tiny but did the job! Basically enough room for juice, a few beers and a bottle of wine.
My impression of the hotel itself is good. Could do with a paint on the outside, just looks a bit worn out around the pool. The pool area was great, always had no problem at all getting a sun bed at any time of the day. We spend most of our time around the smaller pool as my little boy loved it. Only gripe was the jobsworth lifeguard who told my 2 year old off for playing with a tiny ball in the pool...really!!!??? He said other people would want to play with it so it wasn't allowed. Personally I thought this was a ridiculous rule! There is a small park area near the pool which is a little tired but did the job!
The staff were all lovely and friendly, especially the guys working through the day at the pool bar. Having a little one we were often in the room early at night and realised we didn't have a bottle opener to open my wine. My partner took it down to the bar and was told they weren't allowed to open it for us but accidentally on purpose left it on a table so that we could open it! Thank you!!
Another annoying thing was that the lights on the balcony went off at 11:55 every night. This was fine for me, I'm not a late to bed type of person but my partner would have liked to read out there on an evening, which he couldn't.
There is a small soft play area down stairs near the bar which my little boy loved as a welcome break from the sun. Had a few problems at nights though when a lot of older kids got in and were a bit boisterous around the little ones. The kids entertainment team were great and although it was for over 4's, they were lovely to my little boy and allowed him to go in and colour in in the afternoons with the other children.
The food in the restaurant was as expected- same as any other buffet style place I have been. You can't really go hungry as there is always something... I found there wasn't very much for children though and my little one lived on chips, bread and fruit for the week. The drinks in the hotel were fairly pricey and don't bother with the cocktails, they are expensive and from a made up bottle and generally a bit yak! The coffee was also horrible my partner had to get one out of the hotel every day.
The wifi worked throughout the hotel and in the rooms which was great. The tv in the rooms is all in Spanish - so take a DVD player for kids!
The area itself is fine, not the most picturesque place I've ever been but I felt safe at night and did not see any trouble anywhere. There are lots of nice places for drinks at night on the way down to the beach and also along the back streets of the hotel itself. We liked the Navy bar which was right out of the hotel and just a few mins walk along. There is a big supermarket left out of the hotel, turn right and just over the big main road. Really cheap wine etc...
We did not go to the beach during the day, it was not sand but really sharp pebbles which I did not fancy! We went along on an evening and let our little boy have a run about. There is also a large park near too.
Overall we had a lovely week in the sun!

5  Thank Sarah S
Josep_Gibert, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear guest,

We really appreciate and thank you very much for the time it took you to write these comments. As our goal is to keep improving our services, for us is very important the feedback from our customers and so be able to get continuous improvement. As we want to know the needs and dislikes of our customers, we are doing a continuous, comprehensive monitoring of feedback from you, both in establishment and on-line.

In the Hotel Oasis Park & SPA in Lloret de Mar and also in the rest of the GHT Hotels, a high rate of customers repeat every year and this fills us with pride, but we are not satisfied and we strive every day, so our guests can get with us a great vacation.

Again, thanks for your kind remarks. We take note about things wasn't of your complete satisfaction and look forward to see you soon at Hotel Oasis Park & SPA or in any other of our hotels strategically located along the Costa de Barcelona-Maresme and Costa Brava.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

after seeing other hotels en route to this hotel we were so pleased to see how lovely this hotel was!!!!
staff were very helpful and check in was quick..the room was lovely and clean with enough room for myself and daughter..
we were HB and chose to have the afternoon meal instead of the evening..the food wasnt to my taste but you could always find something if your not a fussy eater...my daughter has coeliacs so we were limited to what she could have..so we ate out on afew occasions...theres a pizza restaurant near the beach which done gluten free pizzas which was a good find!!
near to a massive supermarket which sold loads of variety and very cheap drinks and snacks..
fenals beach is lovely...we preferred it to lloret tbh...and only a 10 min stroll with loads of little gift shops and places to eat on the way...
The spa was very good...although they do let children into the jacuzzi which can be a bit annoying when you just want to relax..the pool was lovely and very spacious with plenty of loungers to go round..entertainment was very good...had a great night on my daughters 24th bday..."tom jones ' sang happy birthday to her lol...had some treatments when we wre there..again this was very nice..overall i would recommend this hotel and woul not hesitate to come back...

7  Thank deb o

Dear guest,

We are very glad to thank you very much for the time it took you to write these comments. In fact, this is the longest review we've ever had. If, like at this case, this review give us an excellent, this fills us of joy and satisfaction. As our goal is to keep improving our services, for us is very important the feedback from our customers and so be able to get continuous improvement.

We would like to add that childrens are not allowed at the SPA, but we can't control the entrace all the time so they sometimes get in.

Again, thanks for your kind remarks and look forward to see you soon again in the Hotel OASIS PARK & SPA in Lloret de Mar or in any other of our hotels located along the Costa de Barcelona-Maresme and Costa Brava.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Have just come back from a three night stay at the Oasis Park. On arriving at the resort at first it seemed a bit tired and when the coach stopped at some hotels you were pleased it wasn't yours ! The Oasis Park is lovely and about a 10 minute walk to the beach - it would be 5 minutes in the UK but as it is hot you tend to walk a lot slower ! There are lots of shops very close by including a chemist. As others have stated before the rooms and hotel are very clean and the staff are fantastic in that they are very helpful. The shower in the room was great - very powerful and plenty of hot water. We arrived at 11.00am and the rooms are not ready until 1.00pm but they give you a key pass to store your luggage in a room until then so it just means a walk to the beach for a drink until the room is ready. This free service was helpful when we checked out as well. The rooms are basic but with air conditioning and a balcony. The hotel is definately not 4 star but we were pleased with it. The meals are on a self serve basis and there is plently of choice. The quality is not the best and the evening meal always seemed so hurried and not as relaxing as we would of liked. It seats about 300 and it was always almost full every time we went in there and sometimes you had to wander around looking for somewhere to sit. If you arrived after about 8.00p.m to eat some of the food was just about warm as well - I would suggest getting there when it first opened at 7.00p.m. to get a seat and hot food. The chef cooked some foods fresh in front of you on some nights such as fish or burgers. The burgers tasted lovely but the fact that they were pink inside put me off but I think that this was the spices in them and I ate 3/4 of one and wasn't ill so I guess they were fine. There are plenty of staff walking round so you can order drinks. You can order wine and drink some and they will save the rest of the bottle for the next night for you. Breakfast was continental and just like dinner you can help yourself as many times as you like. You can ask for a fridge if you want one at a cost of about £4 a date but we didn't bother. There is also a safe in the room and you can ask for the combination to use the same but again we didn't bother and just locked valuables in our suitcases. There was entertainment such as singers, salsa dancing and a magician but we did not bother and just walked along the promenade every night. A good tip is to buy your water in the supermarkets as it is a lot cheaper than the beach type shops. In the supermarkets it costs about 70p for 5 litres which is excellent.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front of the hotel and was great.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DAK_12
Josep_Gibert, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear guest,

We would like to remark that the category of hotels is a serious thing and it's determinated by the competent authority, in our case, the Catalan Government. Hotel Oasis Park & SPA deserves 4 stars as passed all the requirements and, furthermore, we obtained ISO 9001 Quality Certification, worldwide recognized.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

5 of us went here on a friends holz ,and to be honest i thaught it was superb ,food was great and enought entertanment ,the bar staf was extreeeeeeeeemly helpful ,in this hotel ud have no need to gt up 4 a drink,thair would be a a member of staf to get all ur needs , frendly staff ,Mai,Mayo,made good friends with the pair
woud go bk next year if i had the money ,

nice 1 lads

Room Tip: room 52 ppl view of the whole complex
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dylan W
Josep_Gibert, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear guest,

Again, thanks for your kind remarks. We look forward to see you soon at Hotel Oasis Park & SPA or in any other of our hotels strategically located along the Costa de Barcelona-Maresme and Costa Brava.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

As I write this review, I am sitting on my balcony at the oasis park hotel, like most of you, I read reviews in many places before booking a holiday, this hotel had the most modest and honest reviews so we are booked in for a week. The major plus point of this hotel are the staff, very very friendly and helpful, a real asset to the hotel, the food also is very good both breakfast and dinner have loads of staff on and loads of choice. I must mention that I am not a picky person before I mention the bad points, I just feel that the standards in the service industry as a whole have slipped and now the emphasis is on " make a quick buck" rather than quality and return business, for instance, I ordered a mojito from the bar the other day, it was €6.80 and the bar man put it in front of me in 10 seconds flat ! That is because it came out of a litre bottle that you can buy at any supermarket for €5.00 it's not the price you understand , I'm happy to pay €7.00 for a good mojito, but not one out of a bottle ! This is sloppy. The pool area, is very well maintained and very nice, reception is manned 24/7 but this is not a 4* hotel, the biggest drawback is the rooms, there very very basic and very small, there is no kettle which I would expect in a 4* and there is nearly enough room to walk past the end of the beds. However, the price is very good and well worth the money I suppose, I think they should remove one of the stars and lower the expectations of the customers and just be a really good 3*
Also I should mention, we have been here for 3days and we have yet to hear an English voice ! The hotel seems to be full of German, French and Spanish, none of which I have a problem with, it's just that we feel a bit isolated as we appear to be the only English here. I think if this is in fact a predominantly German/French hotel, our travel agent should have offered us elsewhere. Also I must mention, Fenals is not a holiday resort ! Despite what people may tell you, it's a few bedraggled hotels that have been turned into residential blocks for Spanish workers, and is surrounded by very loud and busy roads, I'm a bit disappointed I brought my six year old daughter here for her first holiday, it is populated mostly by locals and the bars and cafes are full of locals, but if a busy lively head busting holiday is your thing, the town of lloret is only a 10 minute walk away, as is fenals beach which is really nice.

11  Thank Wolf5150
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Just back home from short break in Loret de Mar -3 days FB in quiet nice place .Clean and friendly hotel -only 5 min walk to the beach. Nice food ,big swimming pool and spa. And i was happy its a quiet area of Lotet de Mar because in the city center wery noisy there are staing young people.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank VikaSomerset
Josep_Gibert, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very nice clean and quiet family hotel, lots of shops next door to the hotel and lovely view from your room balcony. As everyone said, the Fenal beach is literally few minutes away but the hotel has 3 swimming pools and a SPA area to keep you busy. The only thing I didn't like is that breakfast finished by 9.30am and dinner finished too early (9.30pm) and you have to pay for any soft drinks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple