“4* hotel, 2* all inclusive”

GHT Oasis Park & SPA
Ranked #21 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Lovely hotel, clean and in a good position. The rooms were ok, reception/bar area is refurbished and nice I would also say the dining room was refurbished lately.
The food was decent enough but the selection was lacking at times, salad and desert bars were fresh and well stocked.
The pool is nice with a partitioned off area for kids and there is a separate shallow pool that can be covered if needed.

All inclusive - here we go.

We arrived and the receptionist was lovely, then she worked out we were all inclusive and we were pointed to our room bluntly which didn't fill me with confidence.
I went to the bar and ordered 2 cocktails, A/I band on show, then I was asked for money, I explained I was A/I and then the barman shoved the A/I bar menu under my nose and snottily said A/I customers are served at the other bar and the cocktails I had ordered were not on the A/I menu.
The next day I went to the pool bar for soft drinks and was again pointed towards the bar at the top of the stairs as that is where A/I guests are served. They have 3 windows to serve you from and the staff can move between windows but A/I customers are sent to the end window and were refused service at the other windows which were empty. Basically if you have money and are willing to tip they will bend over backwards, if you have an A/I band, join the queue and get spoken to like a second class citizen. A/I finishes at 11pm so if you want a drink after get your money out, the only upside of this was the service was brilliant and you had proper glasses like the big boys do!!!!
I found the bar to be well staffed but you would have 4 staff fighting over the paying customers and one barman fire fighting the people on the A/I bar and trust me this place wasn't full of drunks, these people mostly wanted soft drinks and coffee.
Basically this hotel has started doing A/I this year because the market wanted it but they don't want that type of business. I would advise them to go to a RIU hotel to see how A/I is done properly or go back to what they used to do which I would imagine they did very well.

As for Fennals which is where this hotel is, It's ok, it has everything that you would need. The promenade area is nice and has restaurants/bars dotted across it. Expect to part with between 3 and 7 euro for a large beer so don't go on a tight budget a meal is north of 14 euro up to 50!!!!
The area seems to have been hit hard by the recession with has a lot of half built hotels and closed shops.
The quote that summed up Spain for me was said by a Nigerian holidaymaker, "when did spain become a third world country?" Harsh but too close to the truth for my liking.
This is a country/area which has been hit hard by the recession and it shows in the area/people. I've never left a bad review on here as I think too many people expect Britain in the sun when they go on holiday and just moan because it isn't. I'm well travelled and open minded about country's, this country and it's people really need to look hard at themselves as the average holidaymaker will not put up with their inflated prices and poor attitude.

I hope the manager comes back to me as I have tried to be constructive.

Ian Davies

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from the lap dancing bar on the corner, it's not that noisy but it's...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We went all inclusive for a week because of being all inc were made to feel like scum, no cocktails, drinks out of plastic cups!! Any half board had proper glasses. We couldn't eat on the terrace or use the poolside bar!! The only view you have is of high rise flats, even with Pool view. Rooms had no kettle or fridge! You pay extra for an unstocked fridge for the week, very very basic rooms. The only possitives we had was nice weather, and the maids made our room up every day. In my advice this hotel is a horrible place for all inc, looked better if you are half board.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank tlnad
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comment.
At the beginning we decided to offer plastic cups in our restaurant because some clients use to take the glasses and bring it to the swimming pool area, what is very dangerous. Because we want to offer the best quality and try to satisfy our clients, we change it and now, and all our clients in the restaurant will have glasses and we will control and avoid that the clients bring them in to the swimming pool.
All inclusive service is something new in the hotel and we now that need to improve in some aspects. We take note of all the comments that the clients let us now and work to offer a better service. Thanks for doing it again.
Hopefully you will bring us the opportunity to show you next year our improvements.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just come back from a weeks stay, was very apprehensive after reading reviews on here but they are totally unfounded. Rooms are nice clean , staff are friendly especially cleaners, food is a good choice and plentiful as with deserts , pool is good and location is spot on as 10 min walk to lively Loret de mar or 5 mins walk to quiet tranquil fenels beach (just don't eat at planiol rest) . Only bad points are wifi needs boosters for access all over as only on ground floor at moment , entertainment is a little poor for adults and kids. Not a lot of English family's (not hotels fault tho ) and the gym is tiny needs free weights or men , but all round good value for money

Room Tip: Ask for room high up away from entertainment to avoid disco noise keeping you awake
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Martin,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Oasis Park in a not too distant future. Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent a summer holiday in 2011 at this hotel and we were satisfied. Strengths of the hotel are location, 5 minutes from the beach, good and varied food, very clean rooms and relatively large pool. Weaknesses are tiny gym, you hear noise from 7 am if you are unlucky to be accommodated near the work room (we did not stay in a economy room), the staff does not speak English and the bed was not comfortable with a mattress that moves very easily.
Overall we had a great time at this hotel and the services were proportional to the price. We stayed 7 nights with half board for 600 euro / 2 persons.
The resort is very lively, recommended for young people.

Room Tip: do not choose the rooms from the end of the hall
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria C

Dear Maria,
Thanks for your comment in TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you had a nice stay at Hotel Oasis Park and that you recommend it.
Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Good Value in a quiet area, friendly staff with very good facilities. It has a 3/4 length swimming pool with plenty of activities for both adults and children. Its only a 10-15 min walk to the busier bar and restaurant area and about the same to both Fennel and Llorett beaches.

The only criticism and its only a small one, was for the size of the hotel the wi-fi, although free had a very poor signal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Wiggyhub
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments in Trip Advisor. We are so pleased with it. Do not hesitate to contact us for your following reservations. Hope to see you soon. Sincerely

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Just arrived back from a weeks all inclusive stay at the Oasis Park. A little apprehensive after reading some reviews but we found many of the negatives to be unfounded.
Location
Firstly, the hotel is located in Fenals, not Lloret. This is a bonus! It is definitely a family resort and Fenals is much quieter and less 'neon' than its neighbour, Lloret. We liked being 8 - 10 minutes to Fenals beach yet only a 15-20 minute walk from Lloret beach. Nearby you have two supermarkets, one across the road to the left of the property and one 2 minutes further, by heading up and across the main road.
Both beaches are shale, not sand, but we didn't mind this as I don't particularly like sand on my feet! The Fenals beach has a couple of ice cream huts and some small restaurants on the front. If you want more shops and commercial food Lloret is better.
We were all inclusive. This consists of Breakfast 7.30 - 9.45 / Lunch 1pm to 3pm / Evening meal 7-9pm all served in the first floor restaurant. In addition to this there is a small snack bar (part of the main bar on the main level of the hotel) this serves food from 10-12.30 and 4pm to around 6.30. The snack bar serves pizza / chips / pasta and a meat which varies, e.g. hot dog / burger / breaded chicken fillet or a fish. In addition there is a small salad selection. The snack bar is not self service and serves quite small portions, however you are not limited to how many times you can visit. We sometimes missed breakfast but would get some pasta just before noon. Fine for me but not quite substantial enough for my husband. I don't understand why the salad area of the snack bar is not self service, seems silly that you aren't able to add your own salad to your food!
The food in the main restaurant is ok. I don't envy them having to cater for so many different nationalities. We found that having a walk around all the different food stations prior to choosing helped us to be more creative and find something we liked.
Breakfast was continental, the hot plate / grill would vary each morning between meat (e.g bacon / sausage) to eggs and omelettes. Cereals, juices and hot drinks also available regardless of the board basis you were staying on.
Lunch and evening meals were similar to each other. The grill would have a selection of meats or fish or vegetables. We had a variety such as king prawn / Mediterranean veg / chicken fillet / pork fillet and sometimes it was beef or veal.
In addition there was always a pasta and then a couple of 'wet' dishes such as fish in a sauce or meat in a sauce. There was a salad bar which had the same main salad items each day, plus a few salads that changed such as pasta salads and mixed bean salads.
We never tried the desserts but my son had the little pots of ice creams.
Drinks
If you are all inclusive your drinks are included in between 10am until 11pm. In the main restaurant those not all inclusive had to pay for their drinks although if you purchased a bottle of wine they would put a label around the neck so that you could finish it the following night.
Most drinks were included in the all inclusive, they make it clear what is included as they display a list at the bar which includes spirits, soft drinks, house wine, sangria and the house cocktail (sex on the beach). Also they state at check-in that there is a rule of one drink per all inclusive. We queried this as I don't agree that my six year old son should go to the bar, but they confirmed that he would have to! We found that in reality this was not the case. The bar staff (once they'd seen you a couple of times) would allow you two alcoholic drinks and one non-alcoholic drink which suited us fine.
My only gripe with the hotel was with the drinks, if you are all inclusive you pay the premium to be so, yet you don't receive the same service. The staff will wait on everyone else yet aren't allowed to wait on the all inclusive guests. Also, you aren't allowed to use the pool bar, you have to go up the steps to the outdoor part of the main bar (the all inclusive part). I can't understand why they don't just allow you to use any bar! Also, so that the staff can distinguish between those who are All inclusive and those who aren't you are given plastic glasses, I agree with plastic glasses by the pool but not in the evening venue, this needs to be changed. You wear a band to distinguish you, you don't need plastic glasses too!
Entertainment / kids club
We found the kids club very poor. The miniclub was supposed to be on 11 until 12 everyday but it never seemed to open. I'd advertise it as having an entertainments team rather than a kids club. We've stayed with Thomson hotels in the past or with the Golden hotel chain where it is more of a structured kids club where they get signed in and signed out.
The entertainments team do try to get everyone involved. By the pool there would be water polo or aqua aerobics etc everyday and at the evening there would be an evening kids disco from 9.30 pm until 10pm, same songs each night but the kids loved it!
The evening entertainment was generally ok. Bearing in mind that there are so many nationalities that they need to please. We don't book hotels for the entertainment but the two shows that we did watch, the karate style show and the magic show were both good. The shows would start at 10pm until 11pm.
Vicinity
It is a quiet resort, perfect for families. You can head down hill, towards fenals beach (turn left) and there are a few bars and souvenir shops or head right up and over the hill and there is a busier atmosphere in Lloret, although I probably wouldn't recommend those with young children heading into Lloret beyond 10pm. It was a very 'young' resort.
Around the corner from the hotel, next to the Himalayan restaurant (turn right) is an English Family sports bar called Buzby's, they have all sports channels and are very friendly towards families. They helped direct us to the Lloret market (Tuesday's, head left as you get into lloret) and also were kind enough to lend us a buggy as our son was exhausted with the heat.
Rooms
Small but large enough for us. We emailed ahead to request a pool view, we received one but of the wrong pool!! We were facing the sister hotel's pool next door, the Aquarium! the balconies are an ok size and most can see the sea in the distance. Air con is free and the towels are changed daily.
Other items that I think are worth mentioning.
Hotel has a small soft play area which is great for an excuse to get the children out of the sun, it also has a small children's games room with air hockey, pool tables and some coin machines.
Gym - really good little gym but I didn't take my kit. Also has a little spa which consists of a drench bucket / steam shower and steam room. A tip is to use the toilets in there during the day, they are much nicer than the ones under the waterfall.
Other guests - be warned that some of the other nationalities don't do queuing, this includes at the lifts / at the bar and the food service points. It is definitely survival of the fittest but just stand your ground!!
Sunbeds - yes they get reserved by towels, two of the days we were next to four reserved ones between 10 until 3pm which never had anyone one them.
Pools - Good, two pools, one has a shallow children's area sectioned off, plus there is a hot tub but it is always full of children but they were always well behaved.
Would we go back - probably however we like to try new places. Would I recommend it - Yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, we emailed ahead. Even numbers face the main pool on the main stretch of the ho...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank linzijtravels
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear guest,
What a complete description of the hotel!! Thanks for taking the time and doing it.
I’m glad to know that overall you had a nice stay at our hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just had a week all inc as meeting up with friends and family. Rooms clean but v small, couldn't access the free wifi unless you were in the reception area, which as i was staying there alone i eould have preferred to be anle to access it in my room and they gave you plastic glasses for all drinks. They should decide whether the whole hotel is all inc, as considering it wasn't cheap they left you feeling like you shouldn't be there and everything was all too much trouble. On the plus side the resort is excellent and will definitely return to visit my friends who live there

• Stayed: July 2013
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Sue,
Thanks for your comments. This is the first year that we have the all inc in our hotel, we are still improving, thanks for your comprehension. Hope to see you soon and give you a perfect vacation.
Don’t hesitate to check our web site to obtain the best prices and promotions.