All reviewsanimation teaman enjoyable stayall inclusive drinksevery nightgreat hotelbars and restaurantsrestaurant staffearly hourstop floorplenty of choicegreat holidayminute walkmarfrenchcavapoolsnoise
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The worst hotel I have ever been.
It used to be the Don Juan Hotel. But the management split it in two. 'Upgrading' one half and letting the other half as it was.
So 'Gran' and 'Palace' were added. And the price went up!!!
I would call it Prison Cell Hotel.
It ids the Ryanisation of Hostellery. Nothing is free. Wifi and the lock for your safe have to be purchased at the desk. No soap or toiletries in the bathroom. Just a push-soap in the shower for all purposes. No desk in the 'room'.. Just a 2" x 12" plank attached to the wall below the 'snowscreen' TV. One chair. A broken lock sliding window allowing access to a small 'balcony' And to your room... from neighboring rooms.
Plastic tiling made for a great sound system for hard soled shoes and wheel carts and luggage. Paper thin walls made me lift up my sleeping mask to check who was walking in my room!!! And the conversation of two ladies in the next room could almost replace a talk show.
Whatever you do... don't choose this prison for your vacation. Just seeing the body guards and bouncers around reception would be reason enough to turn around and choose a nicer place.
And I forgot to mention the shouting of third and fourth age people from one end of the corridor to the other end... Just saying 'good night' to one another.
Hell might be better!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Dominique S
Don Juan H, Dep. Atención al Cliente at Hotel Don Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We want to ask your for our more sincere apologizes for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

Your suggestions will be taken into account to keep improving our services and adjust them every time more to your needs and preferences.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

stayed at the don Juan form Saturday 16-23 September turned up at 3.30am and was shown to our room which I am grateful for cause its a big hotel. The rooms were a good size and the beds were comfortable had maids coming in daily cleaning the room and changing the towels. went half board and the selection of food on offer was fantastic only flaw was that sometimes the food was cold other then that I had no problems

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Don Juan H, Dep. Atención al Cliente, at Hotel Don Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Garry,
Thank you so much for your visit and for taking some time to review Hotel Don Juan at Tripadvisor!
Thank you so much for your kind words!

We can't wait to see you again in our hotel!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I spent 1 week at this hotel and summarised I wouldn't spend the money and my holiday for this one. I booked a 4 star all inclusive couple room,but it would have been the same to book it for a 3 star staying,which was less expensive.

Negative aspects:
- it's supposed to be 4 stars,but it doesn't offer that ... thé room is very small,the balcony is tiny even for children,you can't put a chair in there because of the small space it offers.
- you don't have a table in there as small as possible but at least to sit down when you stay in your room. Either you lay down in the bed or you have to stand and since the room has not much space you can't even turn around without problems.
- the room doesn't have AC + doesn't have a small fridge at least.
- you have to pay extra for the tourist fee for the nights you have already booked and paid for.
- you have to pay extra for almost everything ... no Wi-Fi, in 2017 and in a 4 star hotel I think Internet is a must have. 20 euro extra for 7 days Internet,but you can use the account for only one device at a time.
- you have to pay if you want to use the safe in your room,otherwise the hotel doesn't assume any responsibility even for the clothes you leave around in your room.
- the 3 Star and the 4 Star hotel are in the same building, the only difference is that the 3 star uses keys for the room and the 4 star uses chip-cards. The quality and difference between the rooms it's not big enough to justify your expenses.
- you will pay for a 4 star all inclusive but you will eat in the same dinning facility as the ones with a 3 star booking.
- the dinning facility and food quality is not for a 4 star hotel,but it is ok still.
- the staff at the reception does just the necessary and nothing more,most of the times with an angry face and an ironical expression ready to go.
- the outdoor pool is ok,but small for all the capacity the hotel offers,therefore most of the time is full.
- the indoor pool is closed during summer season?
- if you ask for a lunch-package or a cold dinner they win points for offering you this service,but lose points for what they put in that they would be better if not offering you the service.

Positive aspects:
- the location is good, walking about 10-15 minutes away from the beach and if you are comfortable with walking you can visit different beautiful beaches around, maximum 30 minutes walk away from the hotel
- for 20 euro round-trip fee, you can ride a bus to Barcelona
- the cleaning staff is polite and professional

My advice is : Lloret de Mar is a place worth visiting but choose another hotel ... or if you still decide for this one,book the 3 star because it's in 98% the same as the 4 star offer they have,just less expensive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Don Juan H, Dep. Atención al Cliente at Hotel Don Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear traveler,

First of all, sorry for your bad experience in our hotel.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I stayed in Don Juan in early September. It seems to be three hotels in one. It is very central to shops & beach. My room on the fourth floor was clean & basic. The balcony outside each room had an opening into the adjoining balcony of each room on this floor. This is something I didn't like as it meant anyone could gain entry to any room if the balcony door was left open. The dining room is huge & never had queues. There was a variety of food to suit everyone at breakfast. The hotel had entertainment each night. The staff were very helpful. Wifi was available in the foyer for a fee. The elevators were a bit slow at times & might do with improvement especially due to the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high rise room so that I have a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony P

Dear Attraente,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

We can't wait to see you again in our hotel!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for a week full board September 2017.

PROS: Room very clean. Good size bathroom with a nice shower. Beds comfy and decent TV. WiFi worked well on the fire stick. Staff are lovely when approached. Pool area has plenty of seats and is clean. Brilliant location as you are right in the heart shops and bars.

CONS: inflexible meal times, breakfast 8-10. Lunch 12:30-13:15. Dinner 19:00-20:00. This is a large hotel so dinner was like a mob mentality as trying to feed everyone in an hour is absolute chaos! Food isn't great. There is lots of choice but clearly cheap ingredients bought.

It's €20 for a weeks WiFi which I was happy to pay but it only worked in the room. Couldn't connect my tablet by the pool.

This is a very multilingual hotel and we wanted some advice on day trips etc. There was nobody at the English customer services station the whole time we were there. The security guard who spoke broken English tried to help us. Additionally there seemed to be actives on but nobody to inform you of what or when things were taking place.

Overall I'd have to say that if you are planning on staying just for room only, this hotel is great. If you're looking for a full all inclusive holiday I'd look elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple