“Nice hotel with few cons”
Review of Hotel Marsol

Hotel Marsol
Ranked #31 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I really liked this hotel, it was clean and nice. The service was pretty good. However, we had a bad luck with our room. The weather was bad, and it was really cold. The receptionist we not very helpful. Plus, the view was awful from the room.
No free wifi, and a very strange procedure when you buy wifi access. You cannot use this code on more than one device simultaneously, so it was annoying.
Food was ok. Mostly russians book it

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryzhik965
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marsol

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The place is very boring before the season, the food was rather international and was not so extraordinary. Also the cleaning was imperfect... The hotel is really very popular among Russian tourists but it did not seem that they would be more noisy or make more problems that the others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lenkami
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hotel Marsol - great location for Lloret. Right on the main strip near the beach and restaurants. Yes, Hotel Marsol, I will give you props for that. (Even though Lloret was not my scene. Yes, I did research, but apparently not enough. That's a separate story on its own.) My friends and I booked two rooms. At first glance rooms seemed okay. I was only staying for two nights, so I figured "this will do." Pretty standard European accommodations, except the rooms were larger than expected. There was a bed, TV, closet and side table. The AC in one of the rooms worked well, however the other room's AC was barely cranking. I thought "Okay, I can deal." On the last night, I thought I felt some kind of tingly feeling on my body, but I was half sleep and didn't think about it. Well the next day, I noticed a few bumps and thought maybe just a few mosquito bites? No, throughout the day it got worse and worse until my body was covered with bites. My friend sleeping next to me had a few on his body too, which led me to believe it was bug bites, not an allergic reaction. So for the reason, I will give this hotel a 1 rating. It could be an isolated incident. I don't know. Just be aware of this for your next stay in the Lloret area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Kurt H
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the Marsol for a short break in December and it really was excellent. We were lucky to,book a room at the front of the hotel over looking the beach which was beautiful. We didn't eat in the hotel at night but the breakfast was very good. If you travel there by car be careful,where you park as we got 2 tickets in one night when we parked out front. All in all thus is an excellent hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

After leaving the frozen Pyrenees, we headed for the warmth of the Mediterranean. Although it was not much warmer, it was a little bit. We had a room with a beautiful view and in the morning, as the sun was coming out, the fishing boats could be seen from the balcony, dragging their nets. The front desk gentleman was very nice and professional. The only handicap was the parking, as the hotel doesn't have a parking lot, although arrangements can be made to park on a lot nearby or on the meter parking in front of the hotel. This was a bit cumbersome, as we were tired and had luggage to cart around. Breakfast was good. And they gave us flip flops!!!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to have a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaMedranda
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is well situated, overlooking the beach, "that is if you get the room with a balcony that you have paid for but did not get, upon arrival". The hotel is very clean and tidy, the rooms are of a good size, even without a balcony. The food choice varied with something for every ones tastes. The only problem is that it was not always hot, and some of the cutlery was not clean, this could be the fault of the dishwasher. The vast majority of the guests were Russian, 95%. In the Russian language do they have words for PLEASE, THANK YOU, EXCUSE ME, OR SORRY. I did not seem to hear any of these, when they barged past the que of people waiting to enter the dining room. They race in to get the best seats, and grab as much food as they can, in one fell swoop, this includes all three courses. They do not even eat all of it but leave it. They will barge past to get into the lifts, even before the people have got out of the lifts.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room near the front of the hotel, or you will only look out over the roof tops.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gazorro
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Marsol Hotel for one week in September 2013. Fantastic is the best way to describe our visit. The hotel was very clean tastefully decorated and value for money our room was cleaned every day and towels etc changed if needed. The pool area located on the roof , very private, overlooking the beach and once again housekeeping cleaned it every evening.
We went Bed & Breakfast and whilst some reviews we had read before booking said the breakfast was cold & boring, we found it to have a good selection of foods and drinks whilst some of the hot buffet items could have been warmer there was a microwave beside the tea & coffee area where we could reheat bacon etc if required.
Just to emprise the level of hotel service, when we got to our room we found the fridge was not working, called reception and within 30 minutes maintenance was at the room with a replacement.
We will, if in Lloret de Mar area again, stay at the Marsol Hotel.

Room Tip: there is only 20 rooms with sea view balconys so book early
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family