My husband and I have always prided ourselves on not being holiday snobs, but after 5 nights at the plaza Paris I think we must be! I was really torn about whether to give it 2/5 or 3/5, but I can't in good conscience give it a 3, as it was nowhere near as good as the Portugal hotel I reviewed on here that I gave a 3, and ultimately because I felt thankful to be coming home, and annoyed that I had wasted money and leave in staying here (just home yesterday),
The dining area, reception and poolside are all modern, and the poolside is very relaxed and quiet. The jacuzzis are meant to be adult only (signs everywhere), but this is not enforced and people even had their babies in rubber seats in there! The pool bar wasn't opened during our stay which means you have to keep putting clothes over your bikini to go to the inside bar, or the bar man won't serve you. The best part was not needing to get up early to reserve loungers. We dropped our towels off on the way to breakfast at 9am ( no towels allowed in dining room) and always got a good spot. That said there aren't many loungers so do be prepared not to get one.
Other than the nice pool area, I cannot believe this hotel is 4*! The rooms are small and dated, we were in a room by the stairwell on 2nd floor, overlooking Plaça Paris, which is incredibly noisy with shrieking, motor bikes and groups of loud youngsters at night. Get a pool view room. The room had no mirror at all, meaning you had share the bathroom for getting ready when doing makeup etc. The doors to the stairwell remain open, and the bedroom doors are paper thin, meaning you can hear everyone traipsing up and down the stairs. The walls are thin enough to clearly hear the people in the room next door talking. This was a major issue for us. The hotel takes bookings from ijam which is a young people's holiday club. This meant we didn't get a single night of uninterrupted sleep:
1st night awakened by a group of boys shouting in the corridor (sounded like an argument) - 3 am
2nd night our neighbours returned (2 teen girls) at 5.20 am and spent 35 minutes screaming, laughing, shouting off balcony, moving furniture, despite several people from off the corridor banging on their door and telling them to be quiet.
3rd night- 4.20 am girl returns back having forgotten her key and shouts and knocks on door for ten mins until another guest advises her to sleep on the beach!
4th night- 4am - boys shouting up and down stairwell
5th night- 2am boys having loud conversation in corridor.
Needless to say we did not feel rested when we left the hotel, and feel that the amount of noise the hotel allows is unacceptable to their paying guests that need a rest! I would have complained, but the staff's English is incredibly weak. When I asked for my passport back I got the wifi code :-0
Safe in room €20 per week, fridge the same. When you have to cough up €50 on arrival ( deposit too) I think that is a sign the hotel is not 4*!
We found the bar prices very reasonable for a hotel. Pint €3, glass wine €2 and burger €3.5. The bar food is not consistent though so if you have a burger one day, the next one you order won't necessarily be the same!
The breakfast choice was good, continental, eggs, bacon, bread, cereal. There is cava- if you're lucky! They bring one bottle out and don't replace for at least 30 mins. Listen for the cork! We got a glass 2/4 mornings.
Tea is fine if you're not a fussy eater. The drinks service is slow though, and both nights we stayed and ate at the hotel we had finished our mains before our drinks order was taken! We went to the ritz (2 min) walk for food or a drink most days- reasonably priced, and good food (bottle house wine €6, pizza €7, toastie €3). Would recommend if you're not keen on what the hotel offers. The hotel accepts shorts and denim in the dining room, so you won't need long trousers for men.
Finally, as mentioned in a previous review, on occasion the hotel stinks of dog poo. So our very first impression of the hotel was that we got fleeced and it smelt really bad!! This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that I would say irrefutably I would never stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The FERGUS Style Plaza Paris SPA is an exclusive hotel with spa located in Lloret de Mar, close at hand from the beach and with special services for couples, families and friends. It is a place to enjoy the calmness of the de Mediterranean and the beauty of Costa Brava. Take pleasure in a personalized attention and first class facilities especially designed for your wellness: outdoor Jacuzzi, solarium terrace, gym with views to the gardens and a marvelous spa with sensation shower, footbath, saunas, professional massage room and personalized treatments. Everything only 300 meters away from one of the best beaches in Lloret de Mar. Recognized for its spacious bedrooms and the good cuisine of its buffet restaurant, the FERGUS Style Plaza Paris SPA invites you to make the most of all the advantages of a hotel with free wifi in Lloret de Mar, especially designed for you rest and you children's enjoyment. Discover in the FERGUS Style Plaza Paris SPA a complete hotel with spa in Lloret de Mar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alegria Plaza Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Placa Paris Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Alegria Plaza Paris Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain