“Very good hotel”

Ranked #20 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
southport merseyside
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Arrived at this hotel was a bit of a trek to get to the hotel when the bus drops you off but you get there in the end . Lovely clean hotel reception staff were lovely,rooms were nice and clean the reason why I went to this hotel because of the reviews for the food were good, and yes the food was great. A good choice each time you went into eat, the pool is a bit small would,nt like to go in the summer months it would get crowded. we were all inclusive you get a little hatch were they serve you from and the other customers get priority we get shuned even though we have paid good money and they don,t rush to serve you . The snacks around the pool was not good not much choice and cold . But all in all a good hotel and would go back

Room Tip: Level six and above
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GironaSuperVisor, Director General at Alba Seleqtta Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guests,

We are very grateful for your opinions and comments because we take note of them from every guest with the goal to improve our service and to give the best of us to all of our guests.
The hotel has two entrances : the parking and the reception. About the transfer, it is what you reserved, with the agency, so we don´t know what they explain to you.
About the service in the bar, we are very sorry that you had this impression, because we always want the best for our guests; there is a service table in the bar and in the restaurant also.

We are happy that you had a good holiday and we hope to see you again in our hotel!

Management Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Back after a week stay (10-17/10/13) at the Hotel & I was very disappointed. Firstly, I would rate the hotel as being 2+ or 3*. I was informed that the hotel had recently been refurbished but there was very little evidence. As an all inclusive guest I was shocked when I went into the bar and was made to feel like & treated as second class citizen. All drinks were served in cheap small plastic glasses including beer, even in the evening. When I first went to the bar I was ushered to an area, which is small at the far end as an all inclusive guest and informed where I would be served. Everytime, before being served, I had to produce my room card despite wearing a colour coded wrist band which showed I was an all inclusive guest. Guests who were paying for their drinks were served in proper beer and spirit/wine glasses. I felt totally miffed and degraded. The pool is very small and area is full of too many tables and chairs and not enough space for sun loungers. There is no access to the Hotel if you are travelling to the hotel by coach from the airport. I was dropped off more than 300 meters away on the main street and had to lug my cases up a steep hill. The food was reasonably good, but was disappointed by the tables not being set out properly and continually having to go hunting for salt and pepper pots which were not placed on every table. The room was very small and so was the shower with a plastic and I could not move freely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dave749
Dear Guests,

We are grateful for your opinions and comments because we take note of them from every guest with the goal to improve our service and to give the best of us to all of our guests.

Unfortunately, we don´t agree with some comments in relation to the services we offer. About the service in the bar, we are very sorry that you had this impression, because we always want the best for our guests. The bracelet is ¨sign¨ for all inclusive, it is used internacionally. Also, there are plastic glasses for the people who want to stay by the pool area (it is for caution, the crystal glasses can be broken).
About the transfer, it is what you reserved, with an agency, not with us, so we don´t know what they explain you.
It is a shame you didn´t comment all of these things to the reception because we would have tried to correct them at the time.

Hope see you again in the Hotel Alba Seleqtta!

Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Plymouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We gave just returned from AS on our fourth visit to Lloret and I can honestly say that it is by far the best hotel that we have stayed in during our visits.
We paid extra to upgrade the room and would def recommend doing this it was well worth the extra £20 per day - some friends were staying independently at the same time (coincidence!) and although their standard room was ok the junior suite was amazing great decor huge soft bed and the most amazing jacuzzi bath!
We arrived very late due to a flight cancellation and Despite arriving at 1am the team were friendly and helpful.
Food was good quality and varied and as long as you are willing to eat more that chips there was plenty of choice although we weren't brave enough to try the snail stew!
Yes ai drinks are served in plastic cups and there can be a queue but for what we paid I wasn't complaining!
The pool and spa area are lovely and very clean although is bit chilly!
We will be staying here again but will make sure we upgrade the room.

As other reviews sphagnum suggested the bus drops you off on the wrong side of the hotel meaning an uphill walk however if you leave via the main reception you are actually only about three mins walk to the sea front and shops.

Room Tip: Paying to upgrade is well worth it!
1 Thank cashaxl
Dear Guests,

We are grateful for your opinions and comments because we take note of them from every guest with the goal to improve our service and to give the best of us to all our guests.
There are plastic glasses for the pool area and crystal glasses for the bar.
The hotel has two entrances : the parking and the reception. About the transfer, it is what you reserved, with an agency, so we don´t know the information they give to you.

We are happy that you had a good holiday here and we hope to see you again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just got back from a 4 night break with my wife in the Alba Seleqtta.
Had an absolutely lovely time.
After a shaky start with our resort hopper transfer - late night arrival, then sitting on the bus for 45 mins waiting for another flight to land to fill the bus, we were dropped off on the main road and pointed the way to the hotel, which was about 200 yards up the road.
Never mind, we got to the lovely reception area and were quickly checked in, given A/I wristbands and cards.
The room was brilliant, 2 kingsize beds pushed together, high quality fittings etc. Flat screen T.V. mounted on the wall, nice bathroom, balcony overlooking the pool & garden area, but most of all really spacious.
Breakfast was nice, usual A/I buffet, but with Fried eggs, omelettes and crepes cooking constantly.
Pool area is clean, but a bit small, would be interesting to see it at peak times, but in October there was beds available all day.
Entertainment was good fun round the pool, quizzes, bingo, aqua fit etc. but no pressure to join in.
A/I service depended on which barman was on - the older one being the worst, he would often just walk away from the bar for no apparent reason despite a queue forming.
The beer/wine/sangria/spirits & coffee were all very good.
We didn't have any snacks other than crisps , but there were hamburgers, hot dogs etc.
Lunch was a big suprise - the choice & quality were outstanding, loads of meat & fish choices, paella, pasta, salads and sweets, cakes, fruit, ice cream. One nice extra was the pot of warm chocolate sauce to pour over the top of dessert - lovely.
Evening meal was almost as good as lunch, with a similar range of choices, but nothing that seemed recycled.
Evening entertainment was as good as you make it - to cater for all nationalities is tough, but the Karaoke and disco on 2 of the nights seemed to do ok. The singer on our last night struggled a bit though.
The best thing about the holiday was the 'vibe' around the place. I've never been anywhere where people of all ages, nationalities have mixed as well.
We met a lovely couple from North Wales - Hi Ray & Gill - and they made the holiday, as we lounged, ate, drank, laughed and sang the week away with them.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing, but fun break with some really nice little extras thrown in.

Room Tip: High rooms with a pool view also have a sea view
2 Thank degsyo
GironaSuperVisor, Director General at Alba Seleqtta Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guests,

The hotel has two entrances : the parking and the reception. About the transfer, is what you reserved it, with an agency, so we don´t know what they explain you.

We are happy that you spent good times here and we hope to see you soon in the Hotel Alba Seleqtta!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Some people will honestly find any reason to have a moan. I don't see how you can't be satisfied with a hotel that has the biggest choice of great quality food and drinks on all inclusive I could imagine. Every day for food, there was a HUGE selection of amazing hot dishes including paella and traditional dishes then a chef who is live grilling fresh meats (including steak) and the most amazing fresh fish. There's every kind of salad imaginable, pastas, potatoes of every variety etc etc. And it's all restaurant quality. Then for drinks, you can get all your spirits, wines, beers AND some cocktails and sangria and cava. It's brilliant.

Hotel is immaculately clean and beautiful. Spa is perfect, steam room, sauna, the works. Then everyday around the outside pool, there's lots of entertainment all day, I highly recommend Aqua Gym.

Yes, the service is a bit slow at times and it's very Spanish but then again, you're in Spain! Also I saw numerous people shouting rudely at the staff and not saying please or thank you so no wonder.

Location is perfect and all in all, we had a lovely week. Couldn't fault it and we can't wait to return. Missing the food and spa already!

If you're looking for a 18-30s style loud tacky holiday, go to Magaluf. If you're looking for relaxation and eating and drinking like a king or queen for the week, book here.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MissW2807
GironaSuperVisor, Director General at Alba Seleqtta Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guests,

We are grateful for your comments and opinion and happy that you spent a very good time here.
We take note of each guest´s opinion and comment with the goal to improve our service and to give the best of us.

Hope to see you on this summer in the Hotel Alba Seleqtta!

Best regards
Weston Super Mare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have just returned from a 7 day break with my 16 year old daughter and can say that this was one of the very nicest holidays that I have ever dad. However the holiday was full of surprise like being dropped by the coach driver and have him point and say that the hotel is in that direction!

Okay so we have to walk.

We soon found a sign and followed and understood why the coach could not take us there.

The short walk was narrow and windy and then we saw the hotel on the top of the hill. Don’t worry everyone was caught out by this little talking point were you walked to the top of the hill and entered the hotel on the 6th floor to then take a lift down to the ground floor to book in!!!!

In fact, you didn’t have to climb the hill at all but it made the arrival memorable.

Lloret de Mar

I last visited the town approximately 35 years ago and I was not impressed with the place. However, now I have to say it is a really pleasant little town with lots to do and see although at this time of the year it was at a more leisurely pace.

The Hotel

Was medium sized and at some point two building were joined which was why we had to go to the 6th floor and then go to the centre of the hotel and take a lift down to the 4th floor to reach our room. However, this was just another of the eccentric surprises of this enjoyable hotel.

The Rooms

Clean and quite large and ours was to a high standard with two very full sized double beds. The bathroom was very adequate and the balcony overlooked the pool and was enjoyable to sit out upon.

The Guests

They were a delightful European mixture that at this hotel seemed to gel really well and soon we were on talking terms with everyone.

The Food

Was wonderful!

In fact I will go as far as saying that it was as good if not better than some of the 5 star hotel in which I have stayed. If you couldn’t find a nice meal at every sitting there would be something wrong with you.

The ONLY drawback

All in all this was an excellent hotel and experience that I would recommend to anyone except for the inclusive bar service. Now I am not a big drinker but sometimes in the evening you had to wait in line for 20 minutes or more.

Can’t the management understand I am on holiday and I don’t WANT to wait or have to stand in line!!!!! I would rather pay. In fact, on a number of the evenings we went to local tapas bars for that very reason.

Point made.

Let me repeat that this was one of the best holiday I can remember! Thank you to the staff of this wonderful hotel, let’s hope they change the bar arrangements.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kevin-Nairne
GironaSuperVisor, Director General at Alba Seleqtta Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guests,

We are sorry for the incovenient in the bar, because we want that our guests spend wonderful time in our hotel.

We are happy that you liked the food, the restaurant and rooms and we hope to see you again in the hotel Alba Seleqtta!

Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We are two women travelling together.All inc.in this hotel was great except getting something to drink.We had to queue for our drinks every time (5-25 mins.)in pool bar and in restaurant .They should have glasses and a waterbottle ready to the tables at lunch and dinner.Old man behind the drink counter in the restaurant was far too slow to serve all the customers.There ought to be at least two persons serving the drinks at meal times.
The meals were excellent and the hotel was clean.Some of the stuff were arrogant but most were really nice.
There is no amusement for children- the average age seemed to be 25-80 years.
We arrived at midnight and couln`t even get water,the bar was closed and we had to walk out to the town to buy something to drink.
The hotel was labyrinthine and took us two days to find our way to all places in there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GironaSuperVisor, Gerente at Alba Seleqtta Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Dear Guests,

We are grateful for your comments and opinion because we take note of each guest´s opinion and comment with the goal to improve our service and to give the best of us.
We regret sincerely that you had this experience and it´s a shame you didn´t say all the incovenients in the reception and we could give you answers and solutions.
We inform you that for the drinks, we understand that 2 drinks one time and service is enough, because than the drinks get cold/hot. There is a table service in the bar and in the restaurant also, but if you think that it is quicker to go to the bar and ask for your drinks, that is your choice.
Entertainment department it´s opened from 10:00 to 24:00. During the day there are many activities like : pool games, bingo, movie quiz; each night is a different one : flamenco show, reptil show, live music, dj anita, karaoke, hawaiian night, african night. The miniclub for the children is available from 15th june to 15th september.
About the lift system, the hotel has 3 groups of elevators : 1. two panoramic elevators (0 floor - 9th floor) ; 2. two elevators (4th floor - 9th floor) ; 3. one elevator (1st floor - 4th floor). The thing is that the hotel is situated on a hill, that´s why there are 2 buildings and you can find more lifts.

Hope to see you again in the Hotel Alba Seleqtta!