“An excellent hotel!!!”

Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Liepaja, Latvia
“An excellent hotel!!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Thank you to all people working for this amazing hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!! We spend lovely holiday with my mother there. An excellent food, very clean room, nice pool area,all people smiling and very helpfull. I have some problems with booking but THANKS A LOT TO XAVIER who helped us. Our room 504 was with BIG balcony and nice view to the city. Lady from Bulgaria, who clean our room was very attentive and nice, administrator in restaurant is also very nice, boys cooking in restaurant very smiling and attentive, all receptionists always helped us, Maxi - bartender - the most smiling person in the hotel, who make the best coctails :) So I have been in different countries, different hotels, but this Hotel really have to be 4 stars hotel, and one of the reason I want to come back again to Lloret - is this perfect hotel and people work there. Thank you so so much to everybody make our vacation so great!!! I will recomend Acapulco hotel to everybody who want to spend great time in Costa brava.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Olga S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights september 2012 bed and breakfast and would definatly recommend this hotel. It was by far the nicest i seen walking around Lloret de mar.
It is in a perfect location, very quick walk to everywhere, but far enough away that you can have a good sleep.
The hotel and lloret de mar itself, was very clean. New towels and bedding everyday. Every member of staff was lovely and friendly.There was always something to eat for breakfast and we are very fusy eaters! Bathrooms are a great size as are the bedrooms.
Alot of people say the pool is small, but i found it to be a reasonable size and again very clean. The bar is open untill late, with 24hour room service at a cost of 1 euro.
Lloret de mar itself is great, Lots to do. Shops, bars, clubs, restaurants, Day trips etc..
We had a fabulous holiday and a great stay. Will hopefully be returning next year.

2 Thank Danielle H
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just returned from this hotel with my boyfriend last week and would definitely recommend it! We traveled with Ferris Holidays and found the whole experience excellent and we would definitely do it again! After a long journey, the hotel made us feel welcome and got our room ready for us as soon as they could.

The hotel is in a great location, right in the center of Lloret de mar surrounded by many English pubs where we spent most of our nights; Queen Vic and Rockefellars are fantastic pubs with a really good atmosphere! There are also some lovely restaurants around the hotel including a Indian restaurant and Orient Express (this is a must to try, the food and service is fantastic!!).

The hotel itself was a typical 3 star hotel. It was lovely and clean and had everything you needed for an enjoyable stay. The pool area was small but lovely (often shaded during the day and so we did not choose to use the pool that often). There is also a pool bar which is open till late.

We stayed on a half board basis and was impressed by the food at both breakfast and evening meal. There was a lot of variety; we always found something to eat. The customer service was great on an evening; always asking you if you would like drinks with your meal which are reasonably priced. You are allocated a table (for the evening meal) for the duration of your stay when you arrive at the hotel, and so this meant we was never waiting to be seated and found this very good.

The rooms were also lovely, basic but with everything you need. The bathroom was a good size and we were given new towels on a daily basis. The bed linen was also changed daily. You do pay for the air conditioning but we did not need it; it is reasonably priced also.

We had a fabulous holiday, thanks to Ferris and Hotel Acapulco! We would definitely return in the future, as Lloret is a fantastic place for couples :-)

Room Tip: All the rooms have a balcony except rooms 511-517
6 Thank Laura2391
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Young couple. Stay for 1 week, Half Board. from 2 September to 9 September.

The hotel is located in the central part of Lloret de Mar so you have to reckon with the fact that it will be loud.
Around the hotel you can find all kinds of bars, pubs, restaurants, musicclubs.

CLEAN AND EQUIPMENT.
The hotel is rather clean and you should not complain on that.
In double room with pool view are two separate beds. Room has a bathroom with a bath and a large mirror. The room has free Wi Fi internet and TV. Unfortunately, lack of fridge in the room and at least a kettle for tea or coffee. Rooms cleaned daily.

FOOD
We were with the option of HB (Half Board)
Breakfast is from 7:30 - 10:00
English breakfast, eggs, beans, sausages and cheese and salads. You can choose a different type of cereals, breads and pastries. Coffee and tea are free.

Lunch: 13:00 - 14:00 (Half Board option does not apply)

Dinner from 19:30 - 21:00
Dinner is much better than breakfast. More choice - various kinds of meat, fish, seafood, pancakes, french fries, potatoes, paella, salads, breads, cakes, ice cream.
However, after a week you have had enough.

LOCATION.
The hotel is close to the center. Not far away is the beach of Lloret and the Fenals. The biggest problems are nearest hotels especially hotel Don Juan. Everyday dancing until late really can disturb if you come here to rest.
Here is a video that I recorded in the evening http://youtu.be/zmTZggcpUck

ENTERTAINMENT
In contrast to the hotels next to the hotel offers a slightly more ambitious entertainment.
It was Flamenco Chillout session, evening oriental and magic shows.
It was nice.

The hotel is generally good and I can honestly recommend it. However, you should know that around the holet are daily parties. So purchase an ear plugs or drink everyday.

Room Tip: We had room on swimming pool view. Was loud from nearest hotel, but view was fantastic.
3 Thank lusdpl
ireland
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Hotel alright, walls paper thin, noise all night, can hear everything in neighbouring rooms, people coming in late at night kicking doors, shouting and then people putting on televisions early in the mornings. Not 100% clean either, stains on one of the sheets and hairs in bathroom, serviced every day, little sachet of shower gel per person each. Wifi was non existent, tried numerous times but no avail, pool not massive. Couldnt complain about the location, was fine. The beaches in the area are not the most comfortable, they are not sand beaches, more stoney! No hair dryers in rooms and no tea/coffee making facilities. No balcony - which would have been nice, thought was as standard, obviously not. Staff efficient but not over friendly. Didnt eat in hotel so cant advise in relation to food.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mary999
Reviewed 5 September 2012

If you want somewhere to stay which is surrounded by unending tall buildings, this is the place and hotel for you. If you also want to run the risk of having a shower and having the shower head fall on you, again, this is the hotel for you.
I have to say this was not my hotel choice. I booked a holiday through On the Beach not realising this was my biggest mistake. I booked half board for myself and young daughter at a hotel in Malgrat de Mar. The hotel was opposite the beach, had entertainment which is a priority for us and looked very nice and had received some good revues. The flights, hotel and transfers were all booked together and I received my confirmation, printed everything out and off we went, not realising the nightmare to come. The flight landed in Barcelona early and we boarded our transfer coach and were dropped off at the hotel.which looked very nice.
We then went to check in and were told
we were not booked in there. My daughter burst into tears and I was dumbstruck. I then found an emergency number to call. They said they had contacted On the Beach a month before to advise that the accommodation was not available and they had booked us in elsewhere. The hotel they named was one I had previously looked at and discarded as it had only very bad reviews. They said I would have to contact On the Beach. I did and just hung on for ever. I then contacted my daughters dad in England and he phoned them and asked them to phone me. They said they were not aware of the change of hotel. By this time I had looked at my e-mails and found one sent by them AFTER we had landed advising of the change and saying I could cancel the holiday or look on their website to choose a different hotel. I did look and found some more up market hotels which showed availability. On the Beach then said there was no availability at these as there website was not live. I advised them how was I supposed to take the option of cancelling as we had already landed and their response was silence. They said they only had availability at 2 hotels in Lloret de Mar. I said if I had wanted to go there I would have booked to go there. My option was to either LITERALLY SLEEP ON THE BEACH or go to Lloret. Obviously I had no choice. Hence the reason we are in concrete skyscraper land. We cannot go out of the hotel due to young, free and single
nightlife and the fact when we did attempt to go out the first night we were told by the receptionist to keep hold of everything. I assume from this there must be pickpockets around. We walked for 60 seconds to hear a group of girls hanging over a balcony shouting out to lads below. I am not being snobbish but not only do I not want my daughter to see people behaving like this but I don't particularly want to either.
I decided to have a shower - a big mistake because the shower head fell off and cut my foot.
The following day I reported it to reception and the man after seeing my foot start bleeding again came to look at it. He then said he would get someone to fix it tomorrow (today). Before returning to our room I went to reception to check it had been fixed only to find it hadn't as the man had written the wrong room number down. The lady on reception said she would send someone up, which she did, however, all he did was take it off and put it back. I advised that that was unacceptable as as it had fallen off once it could do so again. The receptionist said I could look at a superior room but I would have to pay extra. - obviously in the Hotel Acapulco if you want safety you have to pay more money - a joke. I have now sent an urgent e-mail to On the Beach who no doubt are On the Beach as they have not even had the courtesy to reply.
I am obviously getting my solicitor on to On the Beach as soon as I return. In the meantime please take my advice -
DO NOT EVER BOOK WITH ON THE BEACH OR GO TO THE HOTEL ACAPULCO.
Just to add - the swimming pool is only about 4 times the size of the average small garden, there are 5 floors with rooms and less than 60 sunbeds. The food is edible but hardly varies at all. We were told that there is entertainment here but for the last 2 nights there hasn't been any. There are only 2 small lifts and no one to help you with your bags. I have been told that the beach is grit - sounds wonderful - I think not!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Tink2306
Damiafont, Director Comercial at Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for report your opinion about our Hotel and I really apologize if our hotel was not your choice for your Holidays and from your travel agency moved to you to our Hotel.

Obviously, you are disappointed to your travel agency as we read in your report in Tripadvisor but that is not reason for write down supposedly bad review from our hotel.

Our showers are like some others in most of the houses of our guests, you have a hanger and sometimes with the pressure of the water the hose could fell down. It happens to me sometimes at home.

That is just the reason you have found at our hotel to claim us because you are upset about your travel agency and our staff has tried to help you about all your need it.
The first day when you came to the reception the receptionist went with you to your room for check the shower. The hanger was well fixed to the bath wall and he reported to the housekeeping which it founds anything wrong about it.

The next day when you asked to the other receptionist, she told you if you wanted to move to another standard room like it yours; she could move it to you, without supplement, but you told her that was the “same dangerous shower”. It was then, when she offered to you to move you to a superior room but you should pay an extra. Always it was your choice to accept it or not.
About the second receptionist who assisted you, she has informed us that she always try to help you like to other guests, but you didn’t want to wait until another person from our staff replaced her in order she could come to your room and show you the new one. She offered to you that if you prefer not wait she would be very pleased to give you the key for check a new room if you came to the reception for took it. You didn’t want to come down and in few minutes, when another receptionist replaced to her, she went to you room and she showed you the room.

As you well know, after your disappointment and after bargain to get the superior room from the hotel without payment, we contacted to the incoming travel agency in town in order to report your discomfort about the hotel and if you wanted to move to another hotel it was no trouble from us. The receptionist gave you the telephone for contact they and you didn’t call them…

Unfortunately, you have write down this report and we offer you our apologize but as we have told you several times we put the best to make it you happy during your stay at our hotel and you always have the chance to contact to your travel agency without inconveniences from us to move you to another hotel.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We’ve just come back from a week in Lloret and overall, it was very good. There’s lots I’d like to comment on in general but this is about the HOTEL so I’ll confine it to just that. One problem I do have is that for work, I stay in hotels at £150-200 a night (room only) and here I am at £320/week half-board so I have to temper my expectations!

I won’t dwell on the location – everyone’s done that, there's beaches within easy walking so I’ll start with access and check-in – both very easy! There’s ramp access to the foyer, the ground floor seems generally very secure and the staff are fantastic!

I make no apology for labouring this point, it’s not an individual thing (though Daniela is extra-special) it seems to be a general cultural thing. ALL the staff are wonderful – bar none – and really boost the experience! Desk, bar, dining room, cleaners - they're all really friendly, really open communicative people - delightful!

We had a first floor room and that could have had it’s disadvantages – the “balcony” is at a level with a roof so the balcony doors stayed locked! Doesn’t apply to the whole floor but it did to our part. Someone could very easily have walked across from the other side of the hotel - or even next door! Nothgin happened while we were there but you'll haev different guests.Don't leave anything important on the balcony!

The rooms are well-equipped, clean and tidy and ours was well maintained. The beds seem quite hard (and I normally like a firm bed) with mattress covers which I don’t think helped in the heat. We were in the last week of August and the air con wasn’t brilliant but I think that was just our room because others we spoke to said theirs was very good. For me, it was a bit like sleeping on a grill, though that may also have been because I was in a corner nearest the door (and a/c) which maybe didn't get the airflow that the rest of the room did.

If the fire escape was open, it helped to leave the room door and balcony door open for a few minutes to ventilate the room with the through-flow.

Three sachets of shower gel per day with three of us in the room was a bit mean – take your own! That's all you got too - no soap or anything else - just that and a couple of glasses.

One thing that was an issue – but this isn’t really anything the hotel can deal with – is that there doesn’t seem to be any “quiet time”. Whatever time I woke up, there were other guests making one hell of a row either in a nearby room, in a corridor or on their balconies. Quite irritating considering you’re really only there when you want to sleep!

Eating is amazing! Well-cooked, plenty of variety and plenty of food! Drinks are included with breakfast but NOT with dinner – and they’re quite expensive - be warned. A glass of Sprite is €2.20 when a litre bottle from the attached shop is €1.50!! Conversely, room service seems very reasonable compared with what I'm used to.

One thing I did detect on two occasions was that although clean, there seemed to be remnants of cleaning product in the crockery which I found by taste, not sight. Nasty!! Overall though, the eating experience is very good and there’s really no need to go out if you don’t want to.

One point on this though, the hotel meals seem expensive if bought separately. We stayed in one lunchtime and bought lunch - €28 for three of us!! We could have had burgers from the bar for around €10 total - be warned!

The bar seemed very good (though I don’t drink, my daughter does - and loved it) and there’s food available too. The bar is adjacent to the patio area so that’s nice though another word of warning – everyone in Spain smokes – everywhere, all the time (or so it seems) so if you don’t, sit upwind!!

The pool area isn’t big but it’s really nice and you don’t actually notice how overlooked it is)by adjacent hotels). The sun doesn’t come around till later in the morning and there doesn’t seem to be any hotel policy about sunloungers so get out early if you want one! In the evenings, there’s a large screen TV over the pool (usually showing Spanish football) and there’s frequent live entertainment on the patio (no, that’s not a euphemism!) which is also very good.

There’s free wifi throughout the place but it seemed to be a bit dodgy downstairs and better in the rooms (I’m using an iphone). On the patio, I often found I was connected to the hotel next door!

I think that’s it! I’d have no issues using the hotel again and they’re all just small things. The staff attitude more than made up for it but I’m not sure I could cope with the smoking, heat and football – but that’s NOT the hotel, that’s Lloret!!

Room Tip: If you have the choice, there are rooms overlooking the pool/patio area - it's probably the best...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family