“wont be staying here again!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Garbi
Ranked #101 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Ireland
“wont be staying here again!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked my holiday here threw low-cost and requested a family resort..was told this place was family friendly!!!...they lied!!! the hotel is very basic with no amenities and poor food, it is very noisy most nights we were kept awake till almost 6 with shouting partying and banging..we did report it to the hotel manager who simply told us this hotel was for young people!!!!! the sheets never got changed and the floors were never swept not only that but we kept finding things going missing on us when we left the room..the only good thing i have to say is that some of the staff were lovely and polite and couldn't do enough for you..pity the manager doesn't have the same manners

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
grangarbi, Director General at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good afternoon,

I just answered your complaint to your trip companion, and this morning to your travelagency. I think i spoke to you very politely and sincerely. And you saw by yourself what type of guest i had at that moment (and still have) and what kind of people you see on the streets.
Well, in your room you reported the disapearence of coffee, and i wonder why anyone would steal coffee, Doors and balconies should always kept shut while sleeping or if you are not in the room. And you were free to report it to the police if you considered it so.

Sheets are changed once a week unless guests ask us or the cleaner thinks its dirty. Rooms are cleaned daily. The cleaners sweep and mop the floors daily. If the floor is messy with clothes, shoes,... they do what they can.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

i stayed here from the 1st august- 8th august 2014.. I don't recommend this hotel for people travelling with kids . It's very noisy gets very loud outside and there's absolutely nothing to do with kids.The noise was terrible all night long! So noisy you are unable to sleep and doesn't stop til about 5.00am we where told this hotel is family friendly which is a lie, its not a bit, house keeping need to do a course on how to clean they just made beds put in clean towels and didn't change the sheets, there was a smell of mold and there was mold on the walls.the beds were old and dated with the springs coming up through the mattress.the food was worst I've ever had! The smell the look the taste was disgusting! We ate out everyday as there's plenty of choice in the town.after the first night i had to complain with no joy another night i had to ring down at 4.30am because of noise and still no joy. i do have to say the staff were nice but i feel ive lost out on paying what i did for a hoilday, there was 6 kids between the ages of 11-17 and 3 adults it cost us 430.00 each i feel we were robbed...

Room Tip: dont choose any.
Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Martina m
Dear Guests,

I remember have talked to you. I ' m the mannager of the hotel. You presented a complaint to your travelagency wich I just answered this morning. We are sorry that your travelagency sold you this hotel as family friendly but as i told you when you were here at reception, in July and August, Lloret is noisy because all the young people come for sun, beach, clubs... you even told me that if you were without kids you would enjoy enjoy it. We try to control it, but it is impossible if 90% of the guests are aged 17-23.
Sheets are changed once a week, towels every day. Cleaning every day. While you were here, you could have told that you were not happy with the cleaning, or if we could change sheets... But please, if you are angry with your travelagency because they did sell you the wrong destination, do not involve us. I even send pictures of our buffet in anser to your complaint, there is always choice (cold, warm, and dessert buffet). Sometimes people expect a 4 star service and this hotel is only 2.
What i do not really undertand is if you have spoken to me, you told me about noise at nights, and we chatted, why didn't you tell me about things wich we could have changed on time, while you were here?
I'm sorry for your unpleasant stay with us, and i'm really sorry for what your travelagency sold you.

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start? You get what you pay for I suppose it's cheap! I don't recommend this hotel for people travelling with kids . It's very noisy gets very hit outside and there's absolutely nothing to do with kids

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lana L
grangarbi, Director General at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I' m very sorry about your disappointing stay in our hotel. I guess you had a low floor or basement room. Sometimes if a room is not used for a while in the lower floors we can have this problem. The building is old, we have pest controls every month held by a specialised company but sometimes it happens. Even if you walk on the street at night there are cockroaches due to all the dirt tourists throw everywere.If you would have complained at reception for sure we would have moved you to another room, even maybe to another (better) hotel.
Every year we buy new beds, this could also have been solved by changing you or bringing new beds...
As you might have noticed, the majority of guests are young people wich does not always respect furniture , jumps on beds, break or scratch things... its hard to handle. Maybe guests before you broke the bed and the cleaner forgot to tell us...
With young people french fries is a must on any meal time. But we have always variety of food.
But in any case, please let us know if something is wrong at the moment its wrong or you are not happy with it. Now you have a bad experience and we can´t help it anymore.

Regards and i appologize for the experience.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

having just got back i have to say hotel clean pool good staff good but no air con so you have to leave windows open if its warm the resort is packed with the younger end mainly from russia and france and so is the hotel its very noisy not had much sleep lots in the hotel too my advice would be if your young fine its great so is the resort if your of a age were u like it quiet do not go here in july august september

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank roundy65
grangarbi, Director de Recepción at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review.

At least one review were not everything is bad :).
Well, we try to do ourbests with the budget we have. I am sorry that we could not match your expectations. Lloret is noisy at nights, its a pity, but it is like that. Too much nightlife.
What surprises me a bit, is that in September it is much more quieter than in july/august. I do not have so many complaints about noise than in the high season. And at the moment, we have many travelers from any country: Belgium, France, England, Italy, Russia...
And no, we do not have air conditioning. We do not sell the hotel with this facility.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here last aug and was worried as had read a lot of bad reviews.i read the pool was like a swomp! It was not at all.very clean!languge barrier was a problem when trying to talk to staff,some were rude but some very nice.room was basic but what I expected.bathroom a little dirty.:( food was worst I've ever had! The smell the look the taste was disgusting! We walked in then straight out and ate out everyday as there's plenty of choice in the town. The noise was terrible all night long! So noisy you are unable to sleep and doesn't stop til about 5.00am. Full of teenagers mostly German who shout bang climb over balconys,bang on doors at night and generally make a pest of their self.ive been to other hotels in same area and this is by far the worst for noise! Location is great though right in the middle of the main area and 5 min from beach!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roseylips
grangarbi, Director de Recepción at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your review. The swimming pool is cleaned every day, the problem could be that people (mainly young in that period as you have seen), jump in the swimming pool every time, dont take a shower before bathing and of course, dont clean the tanning oils or creams they use. This might be the reason. We take analitics every single day in the moring to control the water. And once a month an external enterprise (Altimir) takes samples of the water and analyzes it in laboratories. I can proof it if you wish. Swimming pool is one of the best points in this hotel because we do have it in a 2* hotel, we have sunbeds and also parasols for free. Pity that you do not value this plus.

As i said in other reviews, if you were not happy with cleanliness of the room you could have said it at reception, we would have made it better and check it with housekeeping. All daily receptionists speak english.

About the food, we have buffet, wich means several dishes of cold and warm plates. Also we have a selection of desserts.

At last, the noise, I agree with it, july and august its very difficult to control the young people wich come to Lloret to enjoy the nightlife and beaches. Usually at nights alcohol is involved so keep them calm its rather difficult. Every morning, when I arrive, I have a list of rooms from the night guard, where he explaines me what happened. So, at 10 am, all this youngsters wich have caused trouble and noise they get a warning about their behaviour. Depending on the severity of their attitude I invite them to leave the hotel.

Kind regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you have children STAY AWAY!! The hotel is advertised as family friendly..... Anything but to be honest. The rooms were clean enough if not in the small side. No air con, tv or fridge which I think are a must. No high chair in the dining room for my toddler.

Food - shall I even go there... One evening we were served raw sausages yes you read correctly they were raw inside!!!! Nothing was done to correct this. The food in general was bland and unappetising. You had to pay for your evening drinks and you are NOT ALLOWED to bring your own!!

Lets just say if you want an 19-30's holiday then Llorett is the place. If you want a family holiday with things for the kids to do then stay away

• Stayed August 2013
grangarbi, Manager at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
After reading your review, we must agree that the hotel in july and august can be noisy during the nights because of the young people wich are on holiday. Lloret has a big night life and all hotels have the same problem during this period.
As you know, this is a 2* hotel, we do not need to have air conditioning, fans, fridge or tv. It is not necessary by spanish law, and we do not sell the hotel with this facilities.
About cleanliness of the room, if you were not happy with it you could always have said it at reception and we would have taken mesures about it.
In the restaurant we do have high chairs. It surprises me that you complain about it. They are blue and you just need to ask the waitresses.
I remember personally the case of the sausages, because you actually talked to me and you showed me the picture. You were in front when I told the chef and spoke to him. It was a mistake of the kitchen and you were right. We are really sorry about that mistake and it has not happened again. After this, you aked for a compensation and I explained you that we do not work so. We work with buffet, and there is always choice to eat as much as you want. By the way, after all this, i spoke with the headwaiter and he told me that the sausages were taken away.
About drinks, in all hotels and restaurants its NOT ALLOWED, to take your own drinks. We have it advertised at the entrance of the restaurant, at the bar and at the swimming pool. I'm aware that you tried several times to take juice and water into the restaurant, and we did allow it becaue it was supposed to be "for the children". But the sangrias wich were bought at the supermarket and you drunk at the bar, in front of everybody, we had to forbidd it. We are sorry, but we can not allow guests to do this because as any business, we have to make money. What sense would it make to have a bar at the hotel?

Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

First view of the hotel was the approach up a narrow street, not inviting at all. Check in was ok, guy on reception seemed helpful up to a point. /the room was small and overlooked the pool area of the Garbi Park hotel, karaoke every night so very noisy. The food was awful with very little variety and mostly cold. Generally, we found the staff polite and helpful. Not many people to talk to unless fluent in Russian. Lloret as a resort was overcrowded, very noisy with nothing more than bars, pizza places and burger bars. Never again !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank bobl255
grangarbi, Manager at Hotel Garbi, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review. In general Lloret is noisy in summer due to the young people wich have summer holidays (July and August) In fact, you were here in the middle of the high season. Everything is adapted to them during that period, that is the reason of fast food, bars,...

If you were not happy with the room you could have come to reception and we could have tried to change you the room, maybe not the same day because hotel could be full, but next day in the morning. We change people from rooms continuously. Some people want view, other high floor,...
About the food, we try to have variety because we have buffet, and the warm buffet has a thermometer wich indicates 65ºC. We can not make it hotter because if the food lasts too long on the plate, it would get dry. This is the recommended temperature.