“Look out for the bi polar bar maid!!”

H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA
Ranked #77 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Look out for the bi polar bar maid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Went here with 4 girls for a birthday, we did have a great time but by no means because of the facilities!!

1 - the food was so bad no one could eat a thing!! one of the party was pregnant and could not even risk the water at dinner as the seals were broken!! ie just filled up. well I nver thought breakfast could be any worse but hello!! not good no eggs beans sausade or what ever!! I think the beans were from the previous nights soup!!

2-Right the staff !! Rude and scary!! we went all inclusive - if you want more than one drink at a time some times it was fine other times your better off selling your soul if you no what i mean. dont forget to take your glass (or should i say plastic cup) back or they get really angry!! Oh and only children are allowed an icecream so you need to find a minor willing to risk the freezer for an icecream.

3- now onto the rooms - they actually looked clean!! but we asked for 3 beds in one room well there were 3 beds but it you wanted to access the wardrobe (in hind dight glad i never) you could not - plus the 3rd bed really stank bad

all in all we did have a great holiday and you really do get what you pay for but please dont go here with children or looking for a chilled out time, just go if its somewhere to put your head down after a few big nights out and then look for mcdonaolds for breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank melfitz76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
southwales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

WE RETURNED YESTURDAY FROM THIS HOTEL DONT GO THERE. Where do i start. the i would not feed the pigs this yes i said that we were served pigs trotter twice with the snails as well as you would the food most meats you would not reconised as unedable. if you were so enclined you could live on pasta and tomatoes. I realise it was a cheap holiday but still would like to be able to eat something even the fresh fruit had magots in it as one young man found to his cost. I you could find out what was meat you were able to tell it was a topic of conversation. We ate out most days breakfast was a joke, my husband and did find somethings to eat sdome days but to our discust this was not always possible. after noon tea was some dried up sort of biscuits, lunch was beefbuggers or hot dog sausages with rolls not operned for you and i could not eat this as have alergies to fats. we could not even get a cup of tea sorry thats wrong to that drink tea yes no milk only hot milk and even this was in plastic cups things and getting on to drink they were plastic tubes and not even a pint let alone a third of pint and tasted funny. rooms were a lot to be desired sheets were creased and bathrooms not to good either i always cleanmyself anyway. blankets not to clean and smelled. very noisey as on mainroad. staff not to helpful if you asked a question just shrugged but when the spanish came as day outing what difference they way they where treated to brits. But the best was the doors leading outside pool area was smashed. we understand this was done a while ago and not by the brits. My advice do not go there it ia not in lloret de mar but in a suberb and as a disabled person we had to go out by taxi or bus. The best day we had was on the glass bottomed boat a good few hours out around the coast.

Room Tip: DONT GO THERE rooms discusting need to be renovated doors painted black and peeling and chipped door...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jacqujumper

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

After reading lots of reviews we have come to the conclusion that we had a good deal and we were very pleased for how much we actually paid for all inclusive. Admittedly sometimes the restaurant staff were rushed off their feet but dont let that put you off. There was always plenty of food to choose and they replenished if it went low. It is probably better if you went earlier rather than later, but the staff would go straight away if you needed any cutlery. There was always water and wine to have at your meal 1 bottle. We only ever had the water. No you will not get English bacon or tea but you are in Spain. There were many nationalities in the hotel not just English The receptionist was very helpful to us throughout our stay. You could have the local drinks up to 11 pm. The hotel is only 10 mins walk either way to Fenals beach and Lloret de Mar beach. Main road location walking distance to bus station is on the way to LLoret de Mar town which carries on to the beach. We had a trip to Barcelona bus and train return trip very good value. We also went to Tossa de Mar by bus which was extremely cheap and very beautiful with a 14th Century Old walled Town which you can see from the beach. We are not saying that some people may not like it here but we would go back. Read up on the Ancla Hotel it does not suit all but there were young old and families here, and nowehere is too far to get to by walking or public transport. The beach is very fine shingle and the sea seems to go deep near to the edge please enquire if you have young children, as we did not test the waters so not too sure about this aspect. There is a water world nearby, and a market on a Tuesday.

Room Tip: Apparantly you can upgrade but not sure. Do not think you would get a sea view. Rooms clean but ours...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Having read the reviews I went with an open mind. I wish I had taken notice.
The food in this hotel is a joke. If you can find anything that is edible to make a meal from you will be lucky. If you enjoy bones and fat in a stew then you will be fine. The same fish is served nearly every night. Don't expect anything remotely like english breakfast.
We had a choice of cold bean spouts, plastic ham or cheese. chocolate doughnuts and cereal that looks like sawdust sweepings. I asked for water at the bar one day and was readily given a small bottle. the next day i ask and was told i had to pay for it.!!!!. I said to the extremly miserable bar maid that I was all inclusive. She still insisted i paid. She then said "if you want water you can have this" she took same water from a pump and practically threw it at me. At no time was i rude to her. She said go and complain if you don't like it. I do not understand how you can have free alcohol but not water. There was a fight in reception the first night we were there and a fight around the swimming pool the second night. My sons bed was broken and had clearly been broken for some time.
It was a put up bed and the slates had just been laid on the bed. there were no fixings for them to hold the slates in. Rude bar staff!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
16 Thank w191063
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We arrived at this hotel, allowing the hotel a fair chance despite having read the negative reviews. I will try and keep this short & sweet, the bar staff were horrid, vile animals. You would get better treatment from a nazi concentration camp guard. My disabled friend had experienced difficulties in getting to the bar, and the bar staff seemed totally oblivious to this demanding he presented himself to collect his half filled plastic cup - SHOCKING. The Spanish got much better treatment...I'm not happy with the way we were treated.!
The beach was nice as was the restaurants across the strip. I have demanded compensation from my tour operator....beware of the horrible bar staff and avoid this grotty nightmare hotel, unless you are a young backpacker.

Room Tip: The best room would be at a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
15 Thank AddisonManchester
Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel was sold to me by Sunmaster hotels via Globallatedeals.com as a family holiday. On arrival we were greated by a German guy throwing a chair at a Polish Guy just outside reception. The kids were terrified. When i finally got to reception and handed in my details I was told that we were not booked into this hotel. I showed the receptionist my printout and also an email confirming our stay but she still insisted we were not booked in. After 1Hr she finally give us two rooms, my wife and one child in one and my other child and me in the other. Our kids were so upset by this stage. By the time we got to the room everything in the hotel was closed so we could not get anything to eat.. We decided to go to bed at 11.30 and by 02.00am I had been at the door of our neighbours 5 times about the noise. In the end I went to reception and the night porter came to the room with me. It was occupied by 7 German teenagers who were clearly off their heads on drink and drugs.
The next day in the hotel was the same, drunk teenagers and fights. We decided to try and move hotels so we went for a walk to view other hotels. When we came back I went to my room to ring Sunmaster about getting moved. I was in the room about 5mins when the door opened and in walked two new guests stating I was in their room. I went to reception and they said sorry that this was a mistake. NOT ACCEPTABLE. About an hour later my wife and one of my kids went to their room to get showered and guess what. Yes the hotel had allocated their room to other guests as well. They had moved in and emptied all their belongings even though our suit case was still in the room. This was the final straw.
When I booked this I was told the transfer from the airport to the hotel was 50 mins. It took us three hours ten mins as the coach stopped in every resort from the airport to lloret De Mar. We were moved hotel to the Hotel Samba which was not much better. This hotel was also full of young people with no manners. At night time they sat on the balconies spitting at people below. If your looking for a family holiday this resort is not for you.
Being alinclusive was no help. If you bought a dring you got a proper glass and alinclusive you got a plastic cup. The snacks were beefburgers with no baps and cold sausages. STAY CLEAR. read my good reviews at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXYqaqkQDY

Room Tip: Stay clear
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank barryno1
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

were to start? got there late at night just wanted to get into bed... i found hairs in the bed, burn holes in the bed sheets.... i really felt like crying,i felt sick ... as ive paid less money in the past and getting a better hotel!! - bathroom door... its came away that much at the bottom you can see were they have tried to paint over to hide this, you look at the pictures on the internet i think i wont end up with that room... but you do ,very small and dingey DESPERATE for a re-vamp!!!! the pool is that small you cant really swim in it, there in a little jaquzzi on top but you have no chance of getting in this as the spanish are there even when they get out.. you pick up your stuff to get in and its full again god i really cant express how dissapointed i was with the holiday.....

absolutley packed with young germans wanting to play knockin and kicking on doors through the night... our door looked like it had been kicked in at some point, did not feel safe leaving money there at all...

all inclussive? its defo not that.. hardly any drinks to chosse from.. you have to pay for most of them .. whats the point in paying for ALL INCLUSSIVE!!!

FOOD- put it this way i spent most of my spending money on goin out for food what a waste of money- the chips were always cold- no gravy or anything to hide the horrid taste of it- no choice what so ever- most of the meat was Not cooked - few of us had bad stomach aches off the food- fruit was bad- desserts - no point in trying them- there disgusting!!!!

STAFF- there ok 1 day then moody the next - its the female staff that are mostly rude....
they shouldnt be in a customer service job if they dont like people!!! well the english i dont think they like as they went out the way for spanish guests which love to push in the ques you have been standing in for ages with 1 staff serving.

honestly just keep away its not value for money at all as you have to spend alot more eating out!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Els Llorers
Els Llorers
#8 of 127 in Lloret de Mar
Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa
Guitart Central Park Resort & Sp...
#100 of 127 in Lloret de Mar
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,476 reviews

Been to H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA? Share your experiences!