Just back from a week here and was a little hesitant before going but at £200 each including flights and transfers was to good not to give it a try. Thought I would give me views on things.
The hotel does show some signs of wear and tear but you have to look for them and they do not subtract from the overall cleanness of the hotel. Our room was cleaned every day as was all the communal areas. It is far enough from the main centre that you are not kept awake all night but close enough so you can be there with a 10 mins walk. One of the smaller beaches is even closer straight down the road outside the hotel. The spa and steam room are an added bonus that you would pay extra for in a lot of hotels. Also unlike most hotels the air-con is free.
There was not a day when I could not find something to eat. Be warned you are going to Spain so the food is Spanish. There is a lot of fish, pork and veal, but there is also salad and chips if you really do not like what is on offer. Spanish people tend to eat their food warm rather than hot so yes it can seem to be cold. However if you really do need your food hot there is a microwave just for that. At lunchtime you can also choose to have burgers, hotdogs, nuggets and chips which are served in the bar area. You can even have that then still go for lunch if you so wish. If you go all inclusive the amount you are paying for food and drinks is about £10 a day so taken that in to account the food is very good.
As with all other all inclusive deals I have been on you can have local drinks, here this means a local beer (this was drinkable), cheap vodka, whiskey, brandy, rum etc as well as sangria. If you only drink bitter or a specific brand of something then all inclusive is not for you. The downside here is that since they have a lot of guests that are not on the all inclusive deal you need to queue to get drinks. The longest I waited was about 10 minutes but that was only once. In addition despite the rules being only 1 drink, it was never enforced while we were there.
The pool is small for the size of the hotel, but that said we never had a problem finding a seat or lounger. The sun terrace is nice with the outdoor jacuzzi which we used. The fact I did not go on holiday to lay by the pool might have helped since these things were secondary to my needs.
I really enjoyed my stay here so much so that we are looking at going back next year. There was no do slamming at 4 am, only 1 rowdy group who were soon told to quieten down and did so. We did go at the start of October when the main season is over so it might be worse in August. If you are looking for a cheap all inclusive deal that is near the action but not right on top of it, then you could do a lot worse then this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-star H•TOP Palm Beach & SPA hotel is a renovated resort located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar, one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain). Positioned at 350 metres from the beach and 500 metres from the centre. The comfortable 153-room provide many facilities and services for adults and children and it is an ideal place for singles, couples and families. It is situated 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Kmfrom Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Business centre (on request) • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc. • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool (Unsupervised pool) • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub (really is children's activity room ) • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Heated indoor pool • Turkish bath • Sauna • Fitness room Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Medical service (external service)* • Air-conditioning (Only superior rooms) • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV “old” • TV plasma • Luggage storage (coin lockers)* • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ancla Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Hotel Ancla
- H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain