“A 7pm all inclusive!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Bury, United Kingdom
“A 7pm all inclusive!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Only one place to start here, a 7pm all inclusive limit!
After arriving at Bolero Park, myself and my partner were quite hungry as we had left the house at 8am and the time now was 6pm. We asked the receptionist guy where we would find the restaurant, and he informed us it was "upstairs". However, when we went "upstairs", we were at a pool bar with a menu being thrust in front of us which had prices on! After telling the barman (who was intoxicated to say the least!), he told us that yes we were all inclusive and to choose our food. So after a 2o minute wait for the food, we now ate what can only be described as pretty cold bolognaise. All of a sudden, the barman starting pulling down the shutters. I asked where we now went to continue our evening, to which his reply was that the all inclusive in this hotel finished at 7pm.
After looking at our booking, we realised that our hotel provider (Broadway Travel) had mis-sold us the hotel, stating that the all inclusive finished at midnight. I went to reception to confront the same bloke who checked us in, his reply was that he couldnt do anything and that we needed to speak to our provider. So now, after booking all inclusive, we now found ourselves in Lloret centre, trying to dodge the cocaine pushers, and spending money that we feel that we shouldnt have had to be spending.
In the morning, we went down for breakfast (to the pool bar) and ordered 2 cheese and ham toasties. Im no rocket scientist, but im sure that 2 toasties dont take over an hour to cook!! When they finally arrived, from outer space, another two arrived (thanks Gary!). This was the final straw for us, so we contacted our provider and asked for a hotel move as this one was mis-sold, and they agreed straight away.
It did take just over 1 and a half hours for them to find alternative accomodation, and in this time we got talking to a family that were in the same boat as us. In the time that we waited for confirmation of our new hotel, the other family had ordered breakfast, and when we did leave for the other hotel, they were still waiting on their food all that time later!! Its not the chefs fault though, as she is on her own on a 30cmx30cm griddle!
I have to say that never have i been to an all inclusive where the barman just seems to constantly drink alcohol! He is obviously dependant on it, i witnessed nmerous occasions where he would pour maybe half a cup and just down it sneakily before continuing his "work".
I do want to add that Regents pub downstairs is run by a friendly couple Gary & Alexis. I did feel sorry for them both as clearly they had been hearing too many complaints about the all inclusive situation, however nothing was too much trouble for them. Gary also doubled up in the "upstairs restaurant" to help out of a morning, they would be screwed if he wasnt there! I do hope that both Gary and Alexis do well with the pub this season.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DavidCull4681

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Originally us girls from Wales were meant to be going to Liverpool for my cousins hen party but the main organizer had to pull out and one of the other girls found this weekend for us. If i'm totally honest i was dreading the Bolero after reading some of the bad reviews and some of the girls that pulled out tried to put a fly in the ointment by saying to the bride that they wouldn't have gone there and that she wouldn't enjoy. Well where do i begin?, We had no problems with our transfer, arrived at Bolero park apartments and the reception staff checked us in no problem, very fast and friendly.
When we got to our room we couldn't believe it. The apartment was absolutely spotless and immaculately clean. You if want clean towels then just leave your used ones outside the door. Ok there isn't a kettle but there are saucepans if you want to make yourself a cuppa so no real problem there. Also a supermarket right next door.
It is a stones throw away from the beach if you go down the steps at the back of the hotel (as your looking at the hotel front on, just up the little hill to your left but there are quite a few steps but nothing bad), otherwise its a 15 min walk if you follow the road down the street.
We gave Regents bar its first ever Circus fancy dress theme and it was a hit with everyone. Managers Gary & Alexis are really lovely people and great hosts, good luck this season. Food is fantastic at the pool bar.
What a fantastic place to go for a few days to party (Not really a family holiday resort). We had an amazing time and it really exceeded all of our expectations and love the fact that the others that tried to dampen our spirits are sucking sour grapes waaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!
Suitable for Students, Stags, Hens, Birthdays or young couples wanting to just go out and party.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank mamsboys
Falkirk, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Having never visited Lloret de Mar before we had no idea what to expect. We read the hotel reviews and even had a back up plan "just incase". We found the hotel without too much difficulty and were checked in in a courteous and welcoming manner. Our 1 bed apt. faced onto the pool bar area ( which may be a problem in the height of season) and was clean and adequately stocked ( the lack of kettle is no big deal!) There were plenty towels and sheets to last our 5 day stay. We had a small problem with the balcony door in the bedroom which was promptly dealt with. The pool area is wonderful and suited to adults and children, alike. We didn't get a chance to see Regents bar in full swing but managers Gary & Alexis were lovely people and great hosts, good luck this season guys! We loved the location of the hotel, just far enough away from Lloret and Fenels centres but still an easy stroll to all bars and restaurants. All in all, a fab base for what was a busy, yet relaxing, fun break.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alex F
Blyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We read all reviews before we went and went with an open mind.when we arrived it was 01.30 and the reception staff checked us in no problem, very fast and friendly,when we got to our room we couldn't believe it.!! Absolutely spotless and immaculately clean. We got up in morning and went to pool bar at 9.00 o'clock,we where the first guests to use the apartments as all inclusive, and I have never been on a all inclusive holiday like this one!! But we will definitely come back to this one, when you arrive at bar you are met with the the best welcome you could imagine, then asked what would you like to eat, you can choose anything at all off the menu and it's cooked fresh in front of you, and every meal was beautiful. There are two staff who bent over backwards to make your stay the best ever, a huge thank you to Gary and alexis absolute diamonds, would 100 percent recommend these apartments, and for those who have bad comments I suggest you just stay at home.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank sheepandshel
Bury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Me and my husband stayed here 9thsept 2013 for 11 nights. This is a honest review and if it helps at least one person I will be happy. First of all the apartments are very basic with a double hob, sink, toaster, table and chairs, and wardrobe only no drawers so not enough storage space even for two people also sep bathroom oh and no kettle. We booked a studio room as we always do no matter where we travel and couldn't believe there was no sep bedroom, only sofa beds in living room which we had to make up and put together also one was higher than the other not good for a married couple!! Anyhow very unclean room with no cleaner for 11 nights fat dripping from extractor fan down onto toaster and you couldn't walk on the floor without flipflops or your feet would of been black!! Shower curtain big brown stains on it and just dust everywhere. I feel the maids have an easy job here! Leave your towels, rubbish, sheets outside your door and maids take to replace them! They do nothing else what an easy job they have!! The place itself needs knocking down and rebuilding apart from the pool snackbar area which is ok apart from the old sunbeds which my husband wouldn't even sit on without a towel. Large pool with childs pool and whirlpool so not to bad, 3euros a pint at snackbar and food not bad price. The receptionists are rude unkind, not pleasant unless your Russian! Although I knew I was wasting my time I did ask to be moved to a one bed apt and was told no not until the 13th sep and then was expected to pay 80euros for the upgrade er I don't think so! I do lots of research for everywhere we travel and have been to many basic places before but this place was yukkie! Within the complex downstairs there is regents pub but we didn't go in has lloret de mar has many pubs so cant see the point in hanging around the complex. Our room was above regents pub and it is open till 3am in the morning and it is noisey .Fortuantly we only had 2 nights when we were disturbed has it was September. Alexis and gary who run the pub need to empty there ashtrays at the end of the night ect, its not nice waking up looking down from your balcony to all that mess and iam a smoker! The location of bolero park is for me the only good thing about the place you are down a hill 6 mins walk to center of lloret and about 8 mins to lovely fenals, there is also a supermarket round the corner good prices so that was good for water ect. We had a coach transfer from barcelona which was terrible, takes 1 hr 30mins but 1hr waiting at the airport for the coach to even move! The drivers on these transfers don't care you are on holiday don't smile and don't help with any suitcases so don't expect anything! This is the first place weve been where there are more Russians than any other nationality and they are not nice people to be around in any way. Lots of other nationalitys but hardly no English here. Although we had a good holiday we wouldn't come back to lloret de mar its got so much missing for us although the weather was nice! The nightlife was good but lacked different entertainment, its all drinking watching football and kareoke there is no quizzies live bands bingo or anything like that. There are a few English bars which were good ie- funky monkey being my favourite nigel and spooner are fab lads and trust me do the meaniest vodka around!! Also rob roy,was average, the queen vic has the largest tv sceen around but pints are 4euros here! Also rockafellas for dancing around the poles which was good fun! Expect to pay 3euros for a pint and 3 to 4 euros for a spirit with a mixer in the English bars but if you go down the street there are Spanish bars with nice seating and tvs where they only charge 2euros for a pint! So we went here early evening then on to the rest later on plus better service with free tapas in some of them very nice and chilled. The nightlife down at the bottom end is mainly clubs with touts outside trying to entice you in usually 10 to 15 euros with free drink not my cup of tea thought it was expensive even for the younger generation. The beachfront is worth a visit at the night time but except to pay 10 to 15 euros for a big cocktail at the beach bars. All eateries are quite expensive really. Route 66 was nice had few offers on 2 meals for 9.95 euros before 5.30 though and the orient express very nice food and service but expect to pay 30 euros for 2 mains 1 sweet I starter here. On average we were paying around 22euros for our tea for two with 2 mains and two drinks quite expensive really. The beach at lloret is shingle sand but we didn't mind it plenty going on watersports, ect sun beds expensive 6 euros then another 6 euros for the parasol! ripoff I thought so we bought a parasol and two beach mats for 12euros saved a bomb there! Beware of the shelf of sand that you walk down into the sea then only a few steps into the sea another shelf has the water right up to your waist!! not good has rocky waves aswell. We ventured out to other destinations on the boat trips to tossa de mar which was 15 euros return each left at 10am got boat back at 3ish well worth the money, lovely place enjoed it a lot. Also went to malgrat on the boat worth the visit but further away so 25 euros each. Last thing for me to say as I do go on abit is fenals is lovely and well worth a visit nice beach few pubs shops ect. Anyway although this is a bit of an essay I do hope its helps someone out alittle bit happy holidays!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms walk straight out onto pool area.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank lizzie l

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

How can I start - we were met at reception by a smiling face who recognised us and were speedily dealt with and issued with a key and even an extra one.
The room was exactly where I requested. It was spotlessly clean and tidy with the air conditioning running to keep it cool. During our stay changes of linen and towels were readily available. All the staff that I can in contact with were cheery and friendly.
The pool area was well kept.
The Regents Pub was fun.
It all contributed to a great holiday.
I have stayed before and cxan tell you all that I will stay again

Room Tip: Above front door if you want a cooler room
3 Thank Lloretjim
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just got back. Lloret is a small place, and this is centred ideally for all big clubs, but it's still not far from anything. The apartment is big enough for 2, if you're in a group it may get cramped even though it seems to be prepared for 4 people - 2 single beds, 2 sofas with bedding, 4 chairs, cutlery etc. Has a balcony and a small kitchen with hob and microwave. We could cook for ourselves, despite the restaurants being stupidly cheap. Minus points - we didn't have a plug for the bath BIG HORROR LOL, A double room means 2 single beds pushed together. And there was no spool on the toilet roll holder. Not to shabby for the price. It was clean, easy to get to and it has a pool, although we never used it because there are beaches everywhere. My biggest selling point is that Thomas Cook screwed us over and our transfer didn't pick us up. The receptionist spoke fairly good English - better than my Spanish!!!! And was really helpful. He called a taxi for us and most of all was comforting as I was panicking a bit and upset. But he reassured me that we would be OK, the driver hadn't called or come in and basically didn't make me feel like it was my fault. Also, there was one hen group that arrived and made a huge amount of noise. I'm a student, and I thought they were ridiculous! They were split into two rooms so were screaming at each other across the balcony. Not too bad at 8pm, but at 11pm it gets tedious. When they came back at about 3am they were running up and down the hall waking everybody up (they even opened our door as we forgot to lock it), screaming chavs cackling when you're trying to sleep is a pain. Unfortunately, they left their balcony doors open and were passed out on the floor so they got woken up around 7am by......let's say the sprinklers... Also the staff obviously had strong words with them as we didn't realise they were there after. It's a quiet place, mostly non-brits, as from what I saw we make alot more noise! But for a couple it's ideal. The rooms are not ideal for more than 2, but you can if stretched for cash, mainly for sleeping arrangements. Wouldn't have changed my decision to go there. Also, 3 minutes down the hill is the Queen Vic, Best pub ever! The staff are so friendly so if you're stuck for ideas, ask them. They pointed us to the supermarket where everything is much cheaper. We got a good bottle of wine for 1 euro!!!!! So yeah. Good place. Thomas Cook are getting a letter and a bill lol.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
#58 of 127 in Lloret de Mar
Hotel Mercedes
Hotel Mercedes
#88 of 127 in Lloret de Mar

Been to Bolero Park Apartments? Share your experiences!