Welcome to my #fussyblogger review. Please be advised my review will be strictly impartial as I report it as I had experienced it. I am not a regular reviewer who is out to spite the hard work of service advisors, however the truth need be told whomever it may favour. The whole point of the review process I belive is to both, applaude those that make an effort to provide a up to standard service and hopefully assist the underated gain their well deserved recognition. If there is a slight negativity in this review I hope it assists in terms of improvement. My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis, Admittedly it wasnt the best time of the year to go to Spain, it being the end of January / early February therefore, it was bitterly cold. All i have to say it was brilliant. The staff had utmost respect for our requirements, especially the house keeping staff. Not the usual harrasement you receive first thing in the morning after a heavy night. They efficiency of their staff is second to none. One cannot fault the locally brewed drinks as its what one would expect to get anywhere so that is a strict matter of taste. In terms of the buffet, there is a vast selection on the menu that caters to most palates. Oddly enough, however, logically, the kitchen adapt the menu to accomodate the nationale majority of guests. In our case, we had a good taste of german cuisine. I am a rather extreme optimist therefore, had no quams with it all. My girlfriend seemed to prefer a night or two out in a restuarant elsewhere to break the monotony. The hotel has a lovely pool, unfortuantely it isnt heated. We had actually booked the holiday on lastminute dot com, but got annoyed to get a confirmation email from lowcost holidays which offered the same holiday for half the price. Though last minute have a price guarantee offer if repoerted within 24 hours, which we did! To this day we havent seen a penny. The point of that little rant is at the last minute we had our hotel changed to The Royal Star Hotel without the heated pool and Spa facilities we had originally booked for. Didnt get into the pool the whole time. In the summer its probably a different story. There is a lovely pub / club directly opposite the hotel called The Robin Hood (Cliche I know) that was strictly the only source of afer hours entertainment at that time of the year. Strangely enough we came accross another club round the corner that turned out to be a brothel. Can ones imagine the shock! We met some lovely people that have become good friends. Majority of visitors tend to be scousers and from Manchester because the deals promoted are best priced from Liverpool John Lennon Airport hence the coincidence. The hotel has a novelty shop for curios etc, however, it is a bit steep on pricing. The internet facility for a euro for 15min seems reasonable enough for an emergency. Its located a good walk from the beach, so a taxi seemed a better idea to get there, but the 20 euro fare for one way got too much for us. The best thing about it though is there is a reliable bus service that can take you to the locla beach and strip, although the service stops quite early at around 10pm. Pentimately, it is good value for money, the rooms are immaculate. they have managed to maintain a good balance for budget and service overall. Would we go and stay there again? Only in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-Star H•TOP Royal Star & SPA hotel is a nice family oriented hotel located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar, (north-east coast of Spain). Positioned at 10-minute walk from Fenals Beach Creek and a 15-minute walk from the Lloret de Mar beach. This classic 397- room hotel offer plenty of fun activities and relaxation comforts for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • 2 Bar • 2 Swimming pools • Sun terraces • Laundry • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Heated indoor pool with waterfall • Turkish bath • Sauna • Fitness room Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Currency exchange • Car hire* • External medical service* • Air-conditioning / Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Royal Star & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Star & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain