We were on our family holiday vacation in Lloret de Mar. We chose this hotel because it is a little bit outside the main nightlife strip of Lloret and the price was good. This is our sixth or seventh trip to Spain, so we know what to expect from such a type of hotels in a major tourist resort. So I don't understand people complaining on noise, youth (I was also with 2 small children, 6 and 11 y), crowd,... Lloret is a party resort so you must count on that. But it is also a good base for discovering the region of Costa Brava and Barcelona of course. It is a resort with hundreds of hotels so anyone can find something suitable. That's about Lloret, now the hotel.
First of all, book directly at the HTOP website, it was around 100 euros cheaper than on booking.com and other travel sites for 10 nights for a family of 4. Choose FULL board, it is slightly more expensive than halfboard (maybe 70 euros for the whole stay) so you can eat if you get up later. I don't know about ALL inclusive, I personally don't like it because it keeps you tightened with the hotel, while we like to stroll around. But I heard people complaining about the quantity and quality of drinks, not to mention the queus I saw.
The hotel is on the main road, and it's less than 10 min walk from downtown Lloret. This makes it little bit quiter. The hotel is very big and there are only two lifts, so it's better to use stairs.
Rooms are OK, the one we got was spacious with a balcony overlooking the pool. They changed towels and the room was cleaned every day. The only thing I didn't like is that you have to pay for the safe which is in the room (7 euros per day if I remember correctly).
Food was very good, all three meals. Breakfast with salamis, cheese, cereals, jams,... For lunch and dinner, there were always 2 soups, cold and hot starters, two kinds of meat and two kinds of fish, plenty of side dishes and salads. Deserts and fruit also.
There are 2 pools, pretty small for the hotel size, and there was an unsufficient number of sun beds and umbrellas, but that's in my opinion, almost normal even for much bigger and better hotels. After 10 am you cannot find free ones.
There are many activities organized by staff for everyone, from sport to dancing, from morning till nights with shows. There are also game rooms, pool tables,...
If you rent a car, there is a BIG problem with parking, you must circle around for free space.
Very important, but also if you have a car, you can ask on the reception to give you a voucher for tomorrows lunch in some other HTOP hotel along the Costa Brava, so you can spend a day in another town and explore it, what we did.
All in all, we think it is an average spanish big tourist hotel, with good service and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-Star H•TOP Royal Star & SPA hotel is a nice family oriented hotel located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar, (north-east coast of Spain). Positioned at 10-minute walk from Fenals Beach Creek and a 15-minute walk from the Lloret de Mar beach. This classic 397- room hotel offer plenty of fun activities and relaxation comforts for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • 2 Bar • 2 Swimming pools • Sun terraces • Laundry • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Heated indoor pool with waterfall • Turkish bath • Sauna • Fitness room Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Currency exchange • Car hire* • External medical service* • Air-conditioning / Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Royal Star & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Star & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain