“Value for money”

Ranked #86 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
beds
“Value for money”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel room was a bit shabby but clean. Food was very good and plenty to choose from but the management need to do something about the waste of food. It was very annoying to see people loading up their tables with food which they had no intention of eating and the badly behaved children throwing food and handling food that they were not going to eat. I expect the prices would drop dramatically if the hotel was filled with Brits instead of rude obnoxious ignorant Europeans. If the hotel charged €5 per wasted plate of food and made a rule that children under 12 had to be accompanied by an adult at all times they would soon stop doing it. We leave on Friday 27/6 and will not be sorry to get back to civilisation!

2 Thank bedf0rdgal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The room was a standard room and very clean. The room and balcony were cleaned daily and the towels changed. We left quite a few things behind on depature and the cleaner had bagged them and handing them into reception enabling us to retrieve our goods giving me a lot of faith in the staff at this hotel.

Now for the most slated thing - THE FOOD! and this is what we dreaded the most but again we were suprised. I am a very fussy eater and i found something to eat every night. I did not find the food cold at all as i had previously read. My partner also enjoyed the food an was far more adventrous than myself. They had fresh fruit, salads, chips, pasta and rice everynight. They changed the meats so one night you'd hve a choice between chicken beef and fish another night turkey pork and a different type if fish. they also had another section with speciality dishes most of which were spanish and delicious. The deserts looked lovely, i dont eat desert so cant comment on taste but they were like mini deserts and looked cute. They had my partners stamp of approval anyways. The only one problem we encountered with the food was for my daughter. She is 7 and they didn't really cater for children so she did struggle to find things she liked on most days. However she did manage fine with the breakfast.

The hotel in itself was nice, pleasant and not as dated as what i expected from the reviews. The childrens club was great and kept my lil one entertained eah night. The flamenco show was also very good. They had a very good reptile show on one day too which was also very good. The bar staff and the entertainment were always polite and friendly.

We used all of the outside pools and the indoor pool and had no problem with any of them. The main one did get very busy and was sometimes difficult to get a sun lounger so i would recommend getting down early, and this pool has more sun than the other.

The location of the hotel is fab. Its a 10 min walk to lloret de mar beach and lloret centre and a 10 min walk the other direction to fenals beach. We preferred fenals beach but everyone has different taste.

Local bus station is a 5 minute walk with regular buses to all resorts on costa brava and also into barcelona. Very good prices too.

I honestly do not understand what the bad reviews are all about. We paid a bargain price and were more than satisfied. I would go again and i would pay more than what we did. I dont know if the bad reviews are from people who expect to pay next to nothing and want the world or wether they just like to moan. But we had no problems and would revisit. I believe you get what you pay for and we were haopy with that.

The only one negative thing we did experience is a LOT of rowdy german students. They were no real problem just a bit loud and this is not a problem with the hotel just timing of when we went. The first 3 days was a lot of older french people and things were wuite calm. Then the last 4 days we had a lot of germans who were ready to party. From my understanding they had finished school for the year and they arrived in force. They were polite and friendly however and caused no real problems. They just liked to sing and dance a lot as youngsters do and obviously arrived back early hours of the morning.

Thanks H TOP ROYAL STAR After reading all the reviews on here we were dreading arriving at this hotel but we were delightfully suprised. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who made sure there was food available to us and explained everything to us.

Thanks H TOP ROYAL STAR for a fab holiday. We will see you again soon :-)

Thanks H TOP ROYAL STAR for a fab holiday. We will see you again soon :-)

5 Thank chickaboo2912
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hi there,
We just been to this hotel, and we confirm that hotel was upto standard.
This is one of the best 4* star hotel, good food, decent rooms , and good customer service provided by staff.

Although we reach hotel at midnight 11:45 pm , staff on reception desk was wonderful and manage to offer snack to us.
From start with breakfast in morning , lunch and dinner , everything was perfect.

We read previously reviews, and we confirms that excellent hotel for holidays with best value for money.

Room Tip: Balcony views are best room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Firstly the positives..
The location is very good and we found the hotel, although very dated was kept to a very good overall clean standard.
On the whole staff were very good.
The reception were superb, really informative and gave detailed local knowledge.
The hotel was really fully staffed, probably more staff than we have seen anywhere.
It was a very cheap price but not really as all inclusive as we expected.
They had a hidden charge for nearly everything.
Wi fi is not free even in the reception.. Go to Mc Donalds it`s free there...
Sauna charged.
Coctails one type of their choice per day otherwise charged.
Real barrista coffee charged..
Sangria. charged
Bingo. charged.. can`t believe that one can you neither could we.
Fridges. a 4 star with no fridge oh you can have one for a charge..
Air conditioning.. if you wake up sweating after 2AM don`t worry it`s not broke they switch it off to save money and let us sweat like pigs.
Beware it`s like a riot at night.
We had hoardes of German teenagers running wild all night screaming and shouting blind drunk.
They don`t seem to care at all..
This hotel is getting really run down and ready for an update.
Can`t see how it got 4 stars ever...
The food was plentiful but some f the worst we have ever encountered.
The only decent spread was the Catalonian fayre on the Friday evening that was really good.
No idea how they can ruin good food so well..
The only meat they seem to be able to cook is chicken.
We`re hardened meat eaters and we nearly turned into veggies, soggy ones though!!!
Please listen to this honest review, yes it is cheap but not too good....
Never again !!!

Room Tip: High floor, low rooms are very noisy you will not sleep at all due to teenage drunks. Also rear roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulcarpet99
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our group of four booked this hotel as a cheap, last minute deal. After reading some of the reviews on here I wasn't expecting much from the hotel but I was so wrong. After we eventually got there at 10:30pm they had stopped serving food but had laid out some small snacks for us to eat.

Food:
The food was great! Breakfast, lunch and dinner all had a variety of things to eat each and everyday and it wasn't at all cold as many of the reviewers have said, the food was delicious and snacks were served in the bar outside of the main eating hours.

Room:
We all stayed in one room with two single beds and one double. The room was clean and new towels and bed sheets were put out every morning by the cleaners. The beds were really comfy and extra pillows were kept in the wardrobe if you wanted more than one.

Hotel:
Overall the hotel is very nice, with three pools to choose from you won't find yourselves with nothing to do. One of the pools is located above the restaurant with glass windows so you can be seen swimming around - which is always fun :)

Overall:
The only negative points I can say about this hotel is the drink arrangements. Instead of having an all inclusive wrist band to get drinks you are given two cards. One for the glass and one for the actual drink. You are only allowed another drink if you bring your glass back - which isn't that bad but at the end of the night when they close (1am) if you haven't gotten the card back you are forced to take the glasses back to the room until tomorrow.

Great experience and I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matt H
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Me and my hubby stayed here in June 2014 for one week it was our first holiday abroad and we had an amazing time! Hotel was clean, food was fab lots of selection staff were friendly and very helpful! We took the opportunity of using the free bus to other hotels and visited the Htop royal sun in Santa Suzanna and the Htop callella palace in callella both hotels were fab and good was good as well! We also went on the castell medieval and Flememco show amazing night... Well worth it! The royal star hotel is about a ten minute walk from the beautfiul lloret de mar where we got the boat to tossa de mar! Plenty do do in the are lots of little shops etc. the hotel is local to beaches and places to eat as well if u want to eat out! Would defo stay here again. Fab holiday

2 Thank Mandy3425
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

i went with my neice and nephew for one week, the hotel was wonderful but not sure what the super deal was about as did not get anything different from anyone else, all staff were very helpful and friendly. The beds were made every day but the room as not cleaned or the balcony atall for the week we were there. fresh towels are but out every day if you leave the dirty ones in the bath which i think is a good idea. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good holiday and a little walk from the beach so you do not hear the nightlife too much. The transfers are terrible and spoilt the whole holiday both ways for us but hotel wonderful

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

#21 of 32 in Platja d'Aro
Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar
Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar
#14 of 124 in Lloret de Mar

Been to H.TOP Royal Star & SPA? Share your experiences!