“Great Location! Simple yet satisfying!”

Hotel Bella Dolores
Hotel Bella Dolores
Ranked #38 of 125 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Houston, Texas
“Great Location! Simple yet satisfying!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First of all, Lloret De Mar is a city predominately for a younger party crowd in their teens and twenties, or the young at heart. I'm probably one of the very few Americans who have visited the city, but it's basically comparable to Panama City FL during spring break. So most of your time spent here will be out and about at the bars, clubs, beach, restaurants, and other entertainment facilities. All you need is a place to sleep and bathe at a reasonable price, and Hotel Bella Dolores is perfect for that!

The best part about it is the location. It's short walk from all the clubs, bars and restaurants, yet its location is isolated from all the excessive noise from the surrounding area. Taking a nap during the day was not a problem.

The hotel itself is basic and family-owned. The rooms were decently clean with the exception of the space under the bed. My bathroom was very well kept by the maid. The water was fine, and the beds were sufficient. I was there for a 7-day music event, so by the time I was ready for bed I was exhausted that I was not bothered by the beds not being the most comfortable. I will say the pillows were a bit odd.

Since it is a basic hotel, there's not really many amenities such as a full restaurant or a pool. But why bother with a hotel restaurant when there are so many local establishments with amazing food? And I didn't need a pool at all, I was a 15 second walk from the beach!

Traveling alone, this was definitely the best value. I would not mind returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sxg14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went here with my boyfriend, we booked for 7 nights but ended up staying only 4 because we didn't quite like the place. We booked last minute, so this was one of the few places that were still available and had pretty good ratings. Speaking of good ratings, I don't understand why it has such good ones.

The hotel is older, I feel like it's not maintained very well. The reception area is a tiny old little table with chair, which is OK I guess, it functions, it just feels very un-hotel like. While the whole building seems old and run down, it has a rather new and modern elevator which was nice. The boss of this hotel was not very sympathetic, however the other people from the staff were quite friendly. When paying for the hotel when we checked out, I got ripped off a bit, paying more than it was suppose to be.

The room was roomy, we had a double bed and then two extra single beds... weird but it was fine. Now, the bathroom was fine too, except the bath tub was quite disgusting. The shower curtain and corners of the tub were moldy, and every single time I had to shower, it just grossed me out. One day, we were not up yet before the maid came to clean the room and change towels, we were just left a stack of towels on the floor, in front of the door. Way later, coming back to the room, the stack was still there. Not so cool in my opinion. The walls are very thin, it was very noisy during the night and kept my boyfriend up a lot. The mattresses were also quite uncomfortable to sleep on.

The location is pretty nice. It's near some of the best restaurants in Lloret and super close to the beach. Also, the bus station was decently close by, about a 10 minute walk.

All in all, I didn't think the hotel is worth what you pay for. I guess Lloret de Mar is a typical place where you go when young, with a group of friends to share the hotel costs, and you don't really mind the crappier hotel quality. Some things in this hotel could be replaced though...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Its very close to beach, literally less than 100 mts, you don't have a beach view though. The room was specious enough and clean. It's a family run hotel, with very friendly owners. Its in a quite location considering all the clubs, bars within 200 / 300 mts from this location. Also less than 10 mins walking from Lloret bus station where you can get direct buses (Sarfa) for Barcelona ( estacion del Nord)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank B_Umesh
Croydon
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March. Easy to find and a great location just yards from the sea front and the Town Hall plaza. My room was on the 2nd floor and looking left out of the window I could see the sea. There is a lift if you can't manage the stairs. I had a double and a single bed, small table and chair, wardrobe and a decent bathroom. Loads of hot water and the shower was fine. No toiletiries provided but plenty of towels. Got a bit chilly at night but there were two blankets and the heating worked well.
I must say that the bed was not the best I have slept in The main reason was the wrinkly plastic mattress protector, which I kept having to smooth out under my delicate backside!
The staff are very friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. I did not have breakfast but gathered there were croissants and pastries if wanted. I did not use their wifi so can't comment on it.
It was a good budget option for a few days and perfectly located for the town and beach.
I will return next time I'm in Lloret for a few days.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Scope254
Gozo
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Stayed with my 4 friends at this very central hotel in Lloret de Mar. Honeslty, before arriving I was a bit worried of what we're going to find, but when we get inside we found more than we expected. Besides that the hotel is very centrally located, to the beach, shopping and nightlife, it is clean and with a very helpful staff. Bedroom and bathroom were spacious, and always clean.
I recommend this lovely hotel when visiting Lloret. Its my third time in Lloret, but i was much much better than the other choises i did in my last 2 times visiting the same city.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank JoeGozo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2006

we have been to bella dolores many times
they are a very friendly helpful family run business

• Stayed July 2005