We have just returned from an all too short 5 nights all inclusive stay at the Evenia Olympic Palace hotel, spa and congress centre in Lloret De Mar on the hot and sunny Costa Brava.
We were looking for a late September break and booked this hotel on spec through Easy Jet Holidays and yet again they came up trumps, this hotel certainly has the "Wow effect" from start to end we have a fantastic time. The flights were on time, the transfers were by shuttle bus but the hotel, well this is one of the best I’ve personnel stay in for some time, listed as a four star it could easily pass as a five star ignore what others have said, you need to see this place for yourselves before passing judgment or dismissing it.
Arriving at 11:30pm we were greeted by a large spotlessly clean reception manned by a pleasant and well mannered night receptionist who though late at night took the time to explain where our room was located, how the restaurant operated and listed some of the hotel’s activities we could expect during our stay.
The Olympic Palace is one of four hotels on this complex – the Olympic Suites, the Olympic garden and the Olympic Park all of which surround their large outdoor swimming pools and sun bathing areas, there is also a large indoor pool to one corner of the complex.
Our room was on the second floor of a three storey building and i must say the room was excellent, on entering there is a small entrance hall off which is your bathroom there is laminate flooring though out, not your usual tiled floor the bathroom has a huge glass double sink above which is a large mirror, large bath and a above bath power shower.
You then entre the sleeping area containing two single beds a large double door mirror wardrobe which also houses your safe, there is then a sliding glassed double door which separates the sleeping area from the lounge area, which can also be utilised as a second bedroom for family use, through this then on to the reasonable sized balcony. There are two TV's and two Air Condition units which operate independently, a microwave and a fridge, unfortunately and the only down side is that he TV's do not receive English channels so don't expect to catch up on the soaps whilst staying here, you may possibly be able to ask reception to retune?
The restaurant is situated on the ground floor, on entering you are greeted by the manager who escorts you to your table and asks what drinks you would like, the food whilst we were there was very good, hot, good selection and plentiful, with a generous sweets to follow should you wish to indulge. After your evening meal you can then move to the function room where the evening’s entertainment takes place, this is shared by the complex and is located in the Olympic Suits.
If you do not want a lively night then there is a bar in the Palace reception area for a more cosy and quite drink.
The Costa Brava is a wonderful coast line with a bus and train service which covers the length and breast, a number of resorts – Tossa-De-Mar, Blanes, Malgrat-De-Mar, Santa Susanna, Pineda-De-Mar, Calella and of course that wonderful city of Barcelona which is full of shops, designer boutiques, tapas bars etc, which is about an hour away on the train but well worth the trip.
In summary, an excellent hotel that suits couples and families alike with a coast line full of adventure should you wish to explore or just simply lounge in the complexes ample pool, sun bathing areas whatever takes your fancy this hotel can be a comfortable and relaxing base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evenia Olympic Palace & Congress Centre is the perfect choice if you want to combine business and pleasure. The Hotel, opened in 2008, is the newest one of the Olympic Resort and it is ideal for families, romantic breaks, group celebrations and meetings or business. It has avant-garde design with wide and modern rooms of 35m2 approximately, with a 2 beds bedroom and hall with convertible sofa-bed, 2 satellite TV, 2 air conditioning units, safe, fridge, microwave, internet access, phone, spacious full bathroom with hairdryer, balcony, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Evenia Olympic Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Olympic Palace Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Evenia Olympic Palace Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain