“Lovely stay at New Year” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Rooms B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Green Rooms B&B
Ranked #13 of 23 Croyde B&B and Inns
England
“Lovely stay at New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 2 nights over New Year. We had the big loft room with ensuite. The B&B was lovely, room cosy but huge. Lyn & Phil were so friendly, chilled out & welcoming. The location was perfect for us, short walk into the village and close to the beautiful beach & walks on Baggy Point. The breakfasts were delicious (chorizo hash, blueberry pancakes - yum!). Really helpful to have parking too when you're so close to everything. All in all a fab stay we'd definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St Andrews, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We had a great 2 night stay here, perfect location for a stroll to the beach and restaurants in the evening....our room was very comfortable and felt well looked after with superb breakfasts (home made granola the highlight!) . Great find!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I really want to recommend it to everyone. Where to start? Lyn and Phil are clearly such genuinely lovely people, who clearly take such care to make sure that your stay is perfect. Their dog Rocky is a real softie too. Phil and Lyn very attentive and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. was like a home from home but with much better breakfast! The full English breakfast is spot-on; best poached egg I've ever had and lovely sausages (often my bugbear, I am really saddened when cheap sausages just slightly spoil an otherwise great breakfast!) I commented on these and Phil said they'd tried lots of everything in their quest to make the breakfast just right, which says it all really. The breakfast specials are a very special touch indeed. Chorizo hash with fried egg (free-range, with a wonderfully orange yolk) followed by pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup; not on the same day,They were really helpful, the location was spot on, close to everything, gardens were beautiful. And the local thatch, great live music and good food. The manor is also a nice pub. The town has a real laid back surfy feel about it. The beach, wow, soft soft sand, great waves, the sand dunes are an adventure in itself. Loads of pretty coastal walks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We've just returned from a 4-night stay at Green Rooms, and I really want to recommend it to everyone. Where to start? Lyn and Phil are clearly such genuinely lovely people, who clearly take such care to make sure that your stay is perfect. Their dog Rocky is a real sweetie too.
The (downstairs, en-suite) room was a good size, very clean, fresh and bright, with a very comfortable bed (and believe me I am fussy, having a chronic back condition involving post-surgical nerve damage)! I have also tried a fair few too (I used to travel a lot, and even worked in travel, that's why)! Gorgeous shower room too.
The two very best points about this place are, firstly, the location. Between the village and beach, you're close to everything, yet tucked away in a quiet corner with green as far as the eye can see; such a relaxing view.
Secondly, the breakfasts. I'm about to have dinner and I really shouldn't have written this when I'm hungry! The full English breakfast is spot-on; best poached egg I've ever had and lovely sausages (often my bugbear, I am really saddened when cheap sausages just slightly spoil an otherwise great breakfast!) I commented on these and Phil said they'd tried lots of everything in their quest to make the breakfast just right, which says it all really.
The breakfast specials are a very special touch indeed. Chorizo hash with fried egg (free-range, with a wonderfully orange yolk) followed by pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup; not on the same day, but on different days during our stay; although, to me, that sounds and tastes like a fab 2-course meal for brunch, lunch or dinner!
The choice of teas and hot chocolate to help yourself to is a lovely touch too; I really enjoyed that, not being a traditional tea drinker (i.e. I have it black, shocking I know) and preferring alternative brews like Green, Redbush, Mint etc. And did I mention the huge cafetiere of freshly brewed coffee I had with breakfast... Or the home-baked bread...
As you can see, I could go on. But I'll just end by saying - chuck a bag and a board (optional) in the car and get down to Green Rooms in Croyde. While you still can, i.e. before they're booked solid for a year in advance!
Thanks Lyn and Phil, we'll be back. Six stars ;-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

A pleasant surprise on arrival as it looked quite a small place, but the room was fine and the best bathroom/shower! The bed was a bit uncomfortable, could do with either a new mattress or topper. The dining area is 'cosy'. Great breakfast and wish I'd asked for the granola recipe as that was delicious. Hosts were very polite, attentive and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had a blissful trip here. People were so lovely, was like a home from home but with much better breakfast! They were really helpful, the location was spot on, close to everything, gardens were beautiful. And the local thatch, great live music and good food. The manor is also a nice pub. The town has a real laid back surfy feel about it. The beach, wow, soft soft sand, great waves, the sand dunes are an adventure in itself. Loads of pretty coastal walks. Honestly this is only an hour away from me. And its just perfect. Go go go!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lauratejada
St Albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Returned to the Green Rooms for the Jubilee Weekend after a great experience last year, and we weren't disappointed. Lyn, Phil and the amiable Rocky are the perfect hosts. My husband chats away with Phil like an old surfing buddy, as if they go back years together, and the surf storage facilities are ideal. The passion of these guys for their lifestyle and their desire to share it shines through in everything about this B&B. We stayed this time in the downstairs en-suite room. A spacious, well-lit room with a good comfy bed and plenty of storage, free wifi and a decent shower in the compact, but entirely adequate shower room. Decor is contemporary and fresh. And then there's breakfast! What can I say about breakfast? Every day there's something new on the specials board as well as the standard fry-up, including black pudding. We sampled a huge bowl of porridge with home-grown apples and cinnamon, maple syrup pancakes and strawberries, and the new, simply wonderful chorizo hash, with rocket, fried egg and sweet chilli sauce. Yum! And I say again, yum. That one is definitely a winner. Green Rooms will be our first choice in Croyde every time.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Saunton Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Braunton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,670 reviews
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woolacombe
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort

Been to Green Rooms B&B? Share your experiences!