“Modern slant on traditional B&B”
Review of Green Rooms B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Green Rooms B&B
Ranked #6 of 21 Croyde B&B and Inns
Staines, England, United Kingdom
“Modern slant on traditional B&B”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Location is good for the village and all the walks and sea/beach stuff. Our room was perfect for us and our hosts were extremely welcoming and helpful, full of well researched advice about where to go and what to do. As for the things you really need to know, well, it's all good. The heating is modern and works, the shower is modern, powerful and warm, the beds are comfy, the decor is clean and contemporary, the telly is new, big and works well, all the lights and sockets work, there is ample good quality tea & coffee in the room and fresh milk available at all times, no corners are cut and the whole place is clean and neat with a pervading atmosphere of laid back efficiency. And the breakfast. Well, you choose your breakfast every evening for the next day and the choice is extensive to say the least (including a 'Special' which changed every day we were there). You can have your eggs any way you want them - or every way, it seems. In fact, I reckon you could ask for everthing on the menu if you wanted to and it would still be expertly prepared and served with a smile. I maxed out on 2 courses (e.g. porridge with apple and cinnamon, followed by chorizo and potato hash with sweet chilli sauce), plus a couple of bits of toasted homemade bread and jam, and that saw me through the whole day until evening - and I'm a greedy git who can eat a lot and was walking 10+ miles a day. Marvellous. Just go there and see.

Room Tip: Go for Room 1 in the loft - large en-suite, really nicely laid out, loads of room and some lovely vi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My fiance and I stayed here over easter and had an amazing weeking. Phil and Lyn were great hosts and nothing was too much effort. The rooms were comfortable and warm and the breakfasts were superb.
I have nothing bad to say about our stay and would recommend this delightful and modern B & B to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 2 nights over New Year. We had the big loft room with ensuite. The B&B was lovely, room cosy but huge. Lyn & Phil were so friendly, chilled out & welcoming. The location was perfect for us, short walk into the village and close to the beautiful beach & walks on Baggy Point. The breakfasts were delicious (chorizo hash, blueberry pancakes - yum!). Really helpful to have parking too when you're so close to everything. All in all a fab stay we'd definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We had a great 2 night stay here, perfect location for a stroll to the beach and restaurants in the evening....our room was very comfortable and felt well looked after with superb breakfasts (home made granola the highlight!) . Great find!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I really want to recommend it to everyone. Where to start? Lyn and Phil are clearly such genuinely lovely people, who clearly take such care to make sure that your stay is perfect. Their dog Rocky is a real softie too. Phil and Lyn very attentive and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. was like a home from home but with much better breakfast! The full English breakfast is spot-on; best poached egg I've ever had and lovely sausages (often my bugbear, I am really saddened when cheap sausages just slightly spoil an otherwise great breakfast!) I commented on these and Phil said they'd tried lots of everything in their quest to make the breakfast just right, which says it all really. The breakfast specials are a very special touch indeed. Chorizo hash with fried egg (free-range, with a wonderfully orange yolk) followed by pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup; not on the same day,They were really helpful, the location was spot on, close to everything, gardens were beautiful. And the local thatch, great live music and good food. The manor is also a nice pub. The town has a real laid back surfy feel about it. The beach, wow, soft soft sand, great waves, the sand dunes are an adventure in itself. Loads of pretty coastal walks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We've just returned from a 4-night stay at Green Rooms, and I really want to recommend it to everyone. Where to start? Lyn and Phil are clearly such genuinely lovely people, who clearly take such care to make sure that your stay is perfect. Their dog Rocky is a real sweetie too.
The (downstairs, en-suite) room was a good size, very clean, fresh and bright, with a very comfortable bed (and believe me I am fussy, having a chronic back condition involving post-surgical nerve damage)! I have also tried a fair few too (I used to travel a lot, and even worked in travel, that's why)! Gorgeous shower room too.
The two very best points about this place are, firstly, the location. Between the village and beach, you're close to everything, yet tucked away in a quiet corner with green as far as the eye can see; such a relaxing view.
Secondly, the breakfasts. I'm about to have dinner and I really shouldn't have written this when I'm hungry! The full English breakfast is spot-on; best poached egg I've ever had and lovely sausages (often my bugbear, I am really saddened when cheap sausages just slightly spoil an otherwise great breakfast!) I commented on these and Phil said they'd tried lots of everything in their quest to make the breakfast just right, which says it all really.
The breakfast specials are a very special touch indeed. Chorizo hash with fried egg (free-range, with a wonderfully orange yolk) followed by pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup; not on the same day, but on different days during our stay; although, to me, that sounds and tastes like a fab 2-course meal for brunch, lunch or dinner!
The choice of teas and hot chocolate to help yourself to is a lovely touch too; I really enjoyed that, not being a traditional tea drinker (i.e. I have it black, shocking I know) and preferring alternative brews like Green, Redbush, Mint etc. And did I mention the huge cafetiere of freshly brewed coffee I had with breakfast... Or the home-baked bread...
As you can see, I could go on. But I'll just end by saying - chuck a bag and a board (optional) in the car and get down to Green Rooms in Croyde. While you still can, i.e. before they're booked solid for a year in advance!
Thanks Lyn and Phil, we'll be back. Six stars ;-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

A pleasant surprise on arrival as it looked quite a small place, but the room was fine and the best bathroom/shower! The bed was a bit uncomfortable, could do with either a new mattress or topper. The dining area is 'cosy'. Great breakfast and wish I'd asked for the granola recipe as that was delicious. Hosts were very polite, attentive and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Combas Farm
Combas Farm
#1 of 1 in Putsborough
Holmsleigh Bed & Breakfast Braunton

Been to Green Rooms B&B? Share your experiences!