“"All 5 of us were up and surfing in our second lesson"”
Review of Surfing Croyde Bay

Surfing Croyde Bay
Ranked #7 of 11 things to do in Croyde
More attraction details
Owner description: Amplify your "learn to surf" experience with the best 'Instructor to Student' ratio of any Surfing Great Britain surf school. More attention for you, means you'll be learning faster and progressing sooner! From individuals, kids, colleges, team building and stags and hens we have the surfing lessons to suit your needs. Lots of fun, on the beach and in the sand pit; we run 2 lessons a day at 9:30 and 1:30 but happy to arrange times to suit. We supply all the equipment; with onsite changing facilities, toilets, and showers. Enjoy a warm drink, hot pasty or tasty ice cream from our shop after your surf. Find us in the Old Cream Shop in the heart of the village.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“"All 5 of us were up and surfing in our second lesson"”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Carlo our instructor was right, "I will get you all standing up and surfing" and he did. A great time was had by all and with all the kit on we didnt get cold....(honest) and this was the first weekend in March.

Great instructors, a warm welcome, small groups and good kit made for a real blast. We will be back.

Visited March 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Surfing lesson - hen weekend”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Just returned from my hen weekend in North Devon. Having holidayed in the area for most of my childhood I was excited by the prospect of my hen weekend being in the area. When I found out we were having a surf lesson on the Saturday I was over the moon although a little apprehensive as it was a very cold weekend in March! However surfing croyde bay were excellent, providing me and my 'hens' with a taster session of surfing for the afternoon with Carlo the instructor. Everything was brilliant from the initial briefing, to equipment provision to the actual instruction itself and whilst I did not meet my goal of standing up on the board (I got as far as my knees!) we all had the most fun trying! Carlo was brilliant, really encouraging but would not push us further than we wanted to go. The afternoon tea of scones, jam and cream was also lovely along with the biggest ice cream cone I've ever seen for me as the bride to be! Thank you to all at surfing croyde bay for helping to give us Bristol hens a weekend to remember! We will be back!

Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“Surfing at croyde beach”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Fantastic! 2-5 foot waves really good for us beginners :) lovely soft sandy beach and easy access from croyde bay.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very friendly people and lovely pasties :-)”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Surfing Croyde Bay is a surf shop / pasty shop / ice cream bar. It has to be said that all three parts are excellent in their own way.

My girlfriend and I rented surfboards one very windy day in hope to get some surfing. But it was not possible and we were able to swap them for body boards without any hassle.

Each time we went into the shop for whatever reason we ended up having half-hour conversations with Ali, and not only about surfing. Sheeeeeet, I found a fellow fan of "The Wire" in Devonshire! :-)

In short: really helpful guys providing the recommendations for the surf on the day.

P.S. The ice cream is lovely!

Visited October 2012
Devon, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent Surfing”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Lovely beach. Excellent surfing, but do take care to swim and to keep children within the lifeguards marker flags and don't allow children to go out on body boards or lilos. There is a very strong rip further out.

Visited July 2012