“Beautiful setting”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

claref455
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This cottage was in the ideal location.
Our three year old twins loved the enclosed garden (which was very handy)! and the play area.
The bedrooms were spacious and beautifully clean, and the cottage provided us with everything we needed for our stay.
The walk to the beach is stunning and we were blessed with the best weather of the summer I believe!
Easy access to lots of wonderful places to visit and the cottage was a welcoming place to return to at the end of a busy beach day!
The only downsides for us were unfortunately not being dog owners, there had obviously been a very smelly dog staying there the week before us and the smell was very over powering. We appreciate that we knew this was a cottage that accepted dogs however. There was also a very drippy tap in the kitchen and the bar-b-que wasn't left very clean for us to use. Perhaps as it was very end of season?
This cottage is lovely however with such charm and if you're looking for a peaceful coastal dog friendly getaway I'd say it was close to perfection.
It's the best family holiday we've ever had!

Date of stay: August 2017
13 Sep 2017
Thanks for your review of Putsborough Manor Cottage, I am so glad that you loved the cottage and it was the best family holiday you have ever had! I hope to see you again one day.
_janewhit...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect 😊”
Reviewed 1 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Stayed for a week with my family wonderful clean picture perfect thatched cottage. Very close to the beautiful Putsborough beach and a short walk into Croyde. Hope to return one day .

Date of stay: August 2017
4 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review - I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your summer holiday here in Putsborough. I hope to see you again some day.
lisagelda...
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“First class accommodation in a beautiful setting perfect for the dogs too.”
Reviewed 12 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Great location 5 minutes walk to the beach. The hamlet of Putsborough is , peaceful and very beautiful, we were lucky to have brilliant weather and we had relaxing holiday. Every need was catered for in the cottage , very clean and beds comfortable.The owners were on hand if needed but our privacy was not invaded.
The dogs (2) loved it and I would highly recommend this cottage for pets and children alike. I do hope to come back again for another holiday soon. Thank you Claire and Jon.

Date of stay: May 2017
15 May 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Putsborough Manor Cottage, very glad to hear you had such a great time and I do hope to see you again some time.
jf1974201...
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed 10 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We've been coming to the area for over 15 years. I've always turned left to Putsborough beach and never right, what a mistake! If I'd had turned right I would have found this place much sooner. The accommodation is part of Putsborough Manor and there are two other rentals. The cottage is charming, luxurious and dog friendly - it is simply stunning. It has a massive garden with stuff for the kids, a bbq and outside area for eating. The accommodation is fully equipped and has everything you need. The website photos accurately reflects the accommodation.

It's run by Claire who couldn't be more accommodating and helpful. We hope to visit again.

Date of stay: April 2017
12 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Putsborough Manor Cottage - I am so glad that you liked the accommodation and location so much. I look forward to your next visit :)
Tim S
Wick, United Kingdom
“Peace, Quiet, Total Relaxation”
Reviewed 23 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

What a beautiful quiet retreat. Just what we were looking for before the hectic Christmas period. The cottage was very homely and the owners had gone out of their way to decorate it for Christmas; we weren't expecting that. We all came away, including my two teenage children, completely relaxed and ready for the festive period. The cottage is well equipped and located in a very beautiful location. You feel a million miles away from everything (just what we were after). Despite this, the beach at Putsborough is a ten minute walk away, as well as the beautiful village/beach of Croyde. We had a wonderful time and would consider returning in the future.

Date of stay: December 2016
27 Dec 2016
Thank you for your lovely review! So glad you enjoyed your stay so much, and I do hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
Claire
Germaine...
“So relaxing”
Reviewed 20 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I absolutely loved staying here. The cottage was a beautiful blend of traditional features and modern appliances. I particularly enjoyed the wood burning stove once I figured out how to light it. Clare was very welcoming and always helpful. She recommended a number of places to visit/eat which were all great, but my favourite thing to do was to walk 10 mins to the amazing sandy beach with my dog Charlie.

I highly recommend this place, I'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
28 Oct 2016
Thank so much for your great review of Putsborough Manor Cottage, I am so glad that you and Charlie enjoyed your stay and our fabulous beach! Look forward to seeing you on your next visit...
Phoulding
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 13 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The cottage is in a quiet location right near the amazing Puttsborough Sands Beach. The positives are many the cottage is well laid out and has all the mod cons you would expect, as well as sky TC which is a lovely touch. Location rural which suited us but others may want to be closer to town. You can walk to Croyde and Woolacombe in about 30/40 mins and both a lovely walks. We loved our stay in the cottage - thank you to Claire for making it all so easy!

Date of stay: October 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
13 Oct 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Putsborough Manor Cottage! So glad you enjoyed your stay. I would like to clarify that Woolacombe is a 30/40 minute walk and Croyde is 3/4 of a mile so a 10/15 minute walk. Hope to see you again...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.