All reviews self catering crazy golf steam room sand dunes mini golf snails table tennis croyde bay line dancing putting green the cottages tennis courts buffet style swimming pool family room football pitch hotel room
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Sorry folks, visit their website and add 100 screaming kids in each photo. They should at least have some time for adults. An early check out too, 10 AM where the norm tends to be 12 noon. Plain rooms with utilitarian style furniture, hard mattress. poor lighting (ok I know about saving electricity, but hey, I couldn't read). The spa is for women only and is an outcall service, so no staff on duty. Food was fried. Their little canteen offered some food items but as might expect over priced. For the price, it appears to be a 3 star, but the quality is only a 2+. A multi-level facility with not enough parking and poor access in the buildings.
Overall POOR.

Room tip: at another hotel
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived the saturday..you can't check in till 4pm.which should be earlier..we stopped in the cottages which was spacious and clean.lovely place to stop.some.of the staff were helpful.pools nice to go in.The only thing that wasn't very good was the food,it was processed of frozen food and cost too much for what it was.i won't eat there again but I will stop there again as you can cook yourself when having self catering.beautiful beaches close by.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I have been visiting Croyde Bay for 30 Years now. I typically stay at Ruda or various places via Ocean Cottages or Homeaway. Croyde is like a second home.

Having never stayed at Unison, I took a chance following the introduction of the lodges. The price was not too dissimilar to Ruda / Parkdean for the duration. Unfortunately the experience was awful and I will never return to this location again, and for the first time in 30 years I did not enjoy my visit.

The lodges are nice and clean, yet so tightly compacted we had no privacy from any angle. For the same money Ruda has spacious lodges (larger than these) with ample room surrounding them to make you feel isolated and private.

This might sound bad and would never be an issue elsewhere, but they offer these services so you should provide them, and I in particular depended on them as single dad.

They offered breakfast until 10am. I was on my own with 2 children, 3 and 4 years old. We went for breakfast and they refused to give this to us but said you can purchase from the other bar. I went to the other bar and they said breakfast was still being served until 10am. The mis-information was embarrassing. We bought cereal and headed back to the lodge.

The marketing info in the lodge then stated food delivery. So we spent the day on the beach. I got back, bathed the kids and rang for delivery. No answer. I rang reception. No answer. It was 8pm so I had to take the girls into the restaurant to see if they could advise if takeaway was available. Some sleazy male manager, made a comment it should be, then slunk away and sent a someone else back to advise it wasnt. We had to drive down to Billy Budds to get takeaway at 8pm. As I said, not an issue had I not relied on the service they had offered.

Throughout the trip they were rude and ignorant with the exception of the blond girl working on the front bar. The pool was dirty and the showers were poor.

I would advise to spend they same money at Ruda and have a greater experience.

Room tip: Go to Ruda
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank pmwilliamsconsul2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Staff friendly and helpful. Mix of hotel and holiday camp. It is a 4 star hotel and it needs to develop home produce cooking and local food like fish but there are plenty of local pubs and restaurants that do supply good evening meals.It has a swimming pool, tennis court and other nice facilities although some of the lifeguards are constantly on their mobiles rather than watching the children in the pool.It would be nice to have a separate children's session for the very young toddlers in the afternoon, early evening as I noticed they wanted to dance and sing before the evening session started which was too loud for them

Room tip: In the hotel ask for rooms that do not face the playground for quieter rooms
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

As with my last reviews-you will know I love this place, new Lodges are amazing and in the best part of the UK with the best beach just over the sand dunes. Entrainment as stated before with Martin in the evening is the best, if you like peace and quiet in luxury and with amazing beaches and scenery this is the place to be. Also a barbecue area with gas barbecue at a cost of ten pounds and they clean it so a really great experience all round.

Trip type: Travelled with family