The Thatch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Croyde
See available hotels
    The Fortescue Arms(Woolacombe)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsgreat publarge portionspub grubfish currygolfing tripbilly buddsshared bathroomb blasagnadouble bednorth devoncooked breakfastcroyde beachprioryspecialssauntonsurf
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We were reccomended this place to have a meal for my sons birthday. it just wasnt that good. you have to kimd of demand everything you want- staff are to busy talking to each other to seat you or serve you. Food again was ok nothing spectacular. my peppercorn sauce to go with my steak appeared 20 mins after my steak.all in all it was a ok

• Stayed: August 2013
    Reviewed 14 September 2013

Croyde Bay just fantastic this was my first stay at the Thatch and we stayed in the main pub room 4.
    Good bits-
    Car park,close to the bar,very light cosy and very clean room,comfy bed,tea facilities in the room,flat screen tv
    Not so good bits-
    Shower went from freezing cold to dangerously hot,sat like idiots at breakfast as no one told us we had to go to the bar to order, didn't feel like guests as we had to seek out staff to help even though there were lots of them.
    More good bits than not so good and we thought it was well worth the mone, can I also point out that the guests checking out in front of us had a problem with thier rom and they reduced the bill by 50% without being prompted! So that was good service!

Room Tip: Room 4 in Thatch just at the top of the short stairs and good if smoker as not too far to go out, also has 2 windows for good light but beware of the shower.
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've been to The Thatch many times, but I've not yet written a review. This really is one of my favourite pubs in the UK. It gets fairly lively in the holidays and at weekends, but retains a very chilled atmosphere in the traditional, cosy surroundings. There's a brilliant choice of ales and ciders, and I've always had a very tasty meal. Breakfast is also very good! There's nothing better than arriving in Croyde in the sun and stopping off for a drink in the beer garden at the Thatch - always a good way to start off your holiday!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've visited The Thatch a few times however I only stayed there recently. I love Croyde, not much to do apart from long walks, cycling and surfing but that's what makes it so relaxing. The Thatch is situated near to everything whether your camping, walking to the beach or stopping in the middle of a cycle ride, it is defiantly worth the stop. In the day it's relaxing, good food and chilled but by the night it's party time with live bands, excellent food and great atmosphere. The band we saw when we were they were pretty amazing, live and local and wow did it get busy. We decided to go to bed before the band finished though as we were just so tired, don't forget that the room are right above the pub so it is still very loud, you can hear the band and the outside guests. Doesn't bother me though. The room was very cute, traditional cottage style with a kettle and tea/coffee facilities. We shared a bathroom, a very nice bathroom with a decent shower and good clean decor. Breakfast in the morning was a decent full English and oh yeah - free wi-fi. I love the thatch!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank smiffy660
    Reviewed 19 August 2013

There aren't many pubs that pull it off but the Thatch seems to have the balance between a good old "boozer" and "gastro pub" just right. We only called in for a couple of pints but the atmosphere in the Thatch was spot on. It was a Saturday night but I imagine the Thatch is one of those places where every night is a Saturday night!! We could have easily stayed in here all night drinking the local ales and sampling the well stocked whiskey and bourbon shelves...only a pub such as the King's Arms in Georgeham had the pulling power to get us out to make our dinner reservation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends