“pretty good place for a family”
Review of The Thatch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
The Thatch
Ranked #5 of 21 Croyde B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We rented a familyroom (no.11 at Billy Budd's) for two nights in the new year. We wanted somewhere near the sea with family room and somewhere to eat. Thats what we got. The room was pretty good, double bed in main room with TV, then bunk beds in a small room off it and a large bathroom with bath and shower. Not totally modern and uo to date but fine and clean. £100 a night including breakfast for two adults and two teenagers was pretty good for us.

We ate in the pub the first night. It was decent pub food, good choice but the portions were enormous!! Spare ribs were great but about twice as much as I needed!! Breakfast was similar - a good fry and loads of it.

Good base in Croyde, the guy in the surf shop opposite was very helpful advising us about best place to bodyboard!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

After a disappointing visit several weeks ago, the Thatch has once again lived up to it's usual formidable reputation. The pub was pleasingly busy with a warm, cosy atmosphere within its thick, stone walls. I ordered the beef nachos, a Thatch signature dish, and I was not disappointed.

The food came out quickly considering the number of souls inside Croyde's premier hostelry that night. The nachos were spicy, plentiful and tasty - in fact I couldn't finish them because of the mini food mountain on my plate. The service was polite, friendly and perfectly efficient.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have stayed here a handful of times over the last 4 years. The rooms are always clean and cosy. The food is superb and the atmosphere in the bar is welcoming whether there are 5 people in there or 100 people. A fantastic setting, only half a mile walk from the beach and cliff paths.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights in November 2013. Shared a twin room with a friend.

The room was one of three that shared a bathroom. I was a little concerned about sharing a bathroom as always usually go for en-suite, but was doing a weekend on a tight budget. I needn't have worried; the bathroom was spotlessly clean, and as there were a total of six people sharing it, I never saw the other people.

The room did include a sink, along with the two single beds. Again, room was very clean. Included hanging and shelf space. Tea/coffee. I think there was a hairdryer too.

The room rate included breakfast and the breakfast was very good. I had the veggie full english both mornings. There are a number of other options for a poked breakfast. Also cereals and juices to help yourself to.

Last but not least, the pub itself it a lovely place to hang out in the evening. Friendly bar staff and plenty of nooks for your group of fiends to gather.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We visited Croyde and visited The Thatch twice during the week we were there. The pub itself is a beautiful building, and the interior is designed to make the most of the building. The food was really well cooked and presented, great value and huge portions! They were very accommodating and we were made to feel very welcome with our 2 year old twins. A great place to visit for a drink or a meal.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Yet another great evening at the The Thatch. We were celebrating my daughters 21st. A nice touch of balloons on the table and I was able to take a cake in to. Nothing seems to much trouble in here We had a lovely guy take our drink orders then some one came and took our food order. Wow what big portions, But lovely cooked food. We all had different. I can really recommend the steak and ale pie really tasty,ny mum had scampi never seen so much scampi on one plate. The roast beef was out of this world. Unfortunatly my dad was taken ill during the evening,so we had to cut short our evening. But the staff still bought out the birthday cake hlighly embarassing for my daughter,well us mums are allowed to do this. Any way I would like to thank all the staff at the the Thatch for their hospitality and great service. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We recently stayed in The Priory.Room23.
Across the road from the Thatch.Fabulous cozy peaceful room. Tucked away in the heart of the village.
The breakfast was plentiful
Served hot and with a smile.
Cleanliness 10/10
Sunday roasts, well there was nine of us.Nothing was any trouble.The waiters were great.
Perfect and enjoyed by all!!
Compliments to all the chefs!!!
We are frequent visitors to croyde.
We certainly will stay at the
Thatch again.
Thanks to you all for your hard work!
To make it a perfect place to stay.
We had a great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
Freshwell Camping
Freshwell Camping
#6 of 10 in Croyde

Been to The Thatch? Share your experiences!