“Lovely stay”
Review of The Thatch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
The Thatch
Ranked #3 of 21 Croyde B&B and Inns
UK
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for one night in The Thatch and had a lovely time. Parking was over the road from the pub and free to visitors. Comfortable bed with pretty furnishings. Check in was easy and we found all staff to be friendly. One of the best breakfasts I have ever had as they cater fully for vegetarians...it was huge! It was quite noisy as we were staying above the pub but it didn't bother us too much as the noise didn't go on too late. Had some snacks during our stay and they were tasty. Overall a very pleasant stay and we would return if we had to stay in Croyde again :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been starting our yearly holiday to Croyde with a meal on our first night at the The Thatch. We have always enjoyed our meals and we not disappointed - the service was very good and the meals were very tasty and very hot - so obviously cooked to order. The choice is extensive but we always go for the same meal each year so it must be good!! Very reasonable prices for the servings you get.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank john s
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Overpriced accomodation in a very small room with paper thin walls, could hear everything in the room next door. The only thing that could be considered superior was a nicely appointed shower room. No allocated car parking space for B&B guests, which when arriving on a Saturday evening when raining is totally unacceptable for £110 per night. Breakfast in the pub was good, after persuading the staff to serve us on Sunday morning. We've never stayed in a hotel or pub that requires a checkout time as early as 10am. Croyde is a beautiful village and I believe that the Thatch is cashing in on its popularity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Visited last week whilst on holiday. Ordered lunch at bar. Children entertained with colouring books and pencils. Food simple, tasty and huge portions! My chilli was divine and my husbands pie, delicious. I struggled to finish and left quite a bit, no reflection on the quality. If we hadnt have had the children with us would of spent a lazy afternoon sampling the ciders and watching the world go by! One more thing, the lady that served us was lovely. Very friendly. Nice to visit somewhere the staff enjoy their job and show it!

• Stayed April 2014
UK
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A big thank you to Cicilia and The Thatch team for making our annual golfing trip to North Devon a fabulous experience.
10 golfers from the West Midlands occupying all of The Thatch's twin rooms made for some late nights in the bar and early mornings for breakfast; all accommodated with good humour and a consideration not always deserved on our behalf!
The refurbished rooms were perfect for all of our needs, the restaurant catered for our every wish and when the Malbec had run out a suitable substitute wine was provided at the same cost. We couldn’t ask for more.
We love it here and can’t wait to return next year for more of the same.
Thanks again to all at The Thatch
JP

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We were staying half an hours drive from Croyde and a couple staying in the cottages we were staying at recommended here for a meal. As dog owners we are always looking for new dog friendly establishments. Some of the places we have visited in the past seem more doggy tolerant than doggy friendly. This however was quite the opposite with members of staff coming out of their way to fuss our dog and bring her a bowl of water over which we thought was a lovely gesture.

The food was incredible. I think because we visited out of season they had an offer on, two meals for £12. Now local to where we live you often find these deals include smaller portions. This wasn't so here. We have all got big appetites but i have to say I've never seen so much food and all of great quality.

It was so nice we visited twice during our holiday and one if the barmaids recognised us which was nice.

Staff were friendly and the place was very clean and tidy with a lovely atmosphere. As there were three if us in our group they offered us three meals in the deal at £18 which I thought was very kind of them as i thought we would have to purchase the third meal outside of the deal.

Only two little gripes regarding our visits. First moan was that two peppers had been placed on the table rather than a salt and pepper which resulted in me covering my food in pepper rather than salt (I hate pepper) when I mentioned this to the waitress she just did a nervous giggle. Luckily for me I was able to swap my food with my partner that loves pepper. My second gripe is that on our second visit 2 barmen were serving a group of stag weekend guys laughing and joking with them whilst a huge queue formed which resulted in a long wait to order food. These are only minor gripes and would not stop me returning, the place is fab. Although I have to say I am guessing the place would become heaving in high season.

Cant comment on accommodation as we did not stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Strongly recommend this pub for the warm & friendly welcome you receive as soon as you enter. All children & dogs are welcome with water bowls automatically offered with no need to ask. The staff are friendly, chatty & make you feel they have all the time in the world for you. The food was tasty, large portions & good value with extensive menu choices & separate menus for children.
The pub has charm & character with a nice friendly atmosphere, could easily spend all day here - so relaxing & welcoming.
Highly recommend!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Barnstaple Hotel
#3 of 6 in Barnstaple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,155 reviews
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort

Been to The Thatch? Share your experiences!