“Surf South West, Croyde.”
Review of Surf South West

Surf South West
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Croyde
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf South West run surfing lessons, surf courses and surf holidays at Croyde Bay and Saunton Sands in North Devon. Mission Learn, Improve, Excel Company Overview In 1996 Darren Burrett, an established British Surfing Association instructor with many years surfing and coaching experience, fulfilled his lifelong ambition to run his own north devon surf school. From these small beginnings, Surf South West is now internationally recognised as a provider of surfing lessons in Devon and surf holidays in Europe, Costa Rica and Africa. We were the first surf school to be awarded level 4 status by the British Surfing Association. This is the highest level attainable, and is awarded in recognition that Surf South West has the highest standards of surf coaching. We have achieved 'Approved Surf School' status for all our years in existence and all our instructors are also qualified beach lifeguards.
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Surf South West, Croyde.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've always wanted to have a go at surfing but up until last week had never had the opportunity. We were on a camping holiday in Croyde and a fellow camper recommended Surf South West so I booked a session, which included board and wetsuit hire. The lesson lasted for 2 hours, 15 minutes of which was on the beach covering safety and the basics, the rest of the time was in the water putting it into practice. My instructor Joe was an excellent teacher, calm, clear and encouraging. I had a fantastic time and when we return to Croyde next year I'll definitely book a block of lessons. Top marks!

Liphook
“Surf South West”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our children had Andy for their first surf lesson on Monday 11th August - it was a 16th birthday present. He was an excellent instructor - so much so that both are returning for another lesson. Surf South West at Saunton Sands is a fabulous venue for surfing - highly recommended.

“Surf South West”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I completed 3 half day lessons with Andy and had a wonderful time, really good instructions and a very friendly team made sure my first time surfing definitely wont be my last!

Southampton, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Surfing in croyde!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The surf school is perfect for all ages. My 11 year old son had a great time and they really looked after him and gave him a great learning experience. All the instructors were really good and my son can't wait to go back next year : ) thanx

“First time surfing”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Surf south west are an excellent surf school. My partner and I had a lesson with Joe, he is an excellent teacher he explained and demonstrated everything what we needed to do very well he made it seem that surfing was a lot less daunting than we thought it would be. I was struggling to catch a wave while my partner was a pro. Joe helped me chose the best wave and set me up. We thoroughly enjoyed our surf lesson and we will be back to Croyde again