“Great place to stay”
Review of Chapel Farm

Chapel Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Chapel Farm
Ranked #22 of 22 Croyde B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ignore the last 3 reviews - they must have been written by nut cases. Spent 3 nights here and it was charming. Lovely rooms with great beds and the owner Val was lovely and friendly and couldn't be more accommodating. Parking not a problem either. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Extremely rude people running this 'business'. I have never experienced such ill mannered people in all my life! I completely agree with the comments prior to this one, it's as if they don't want tourists to come at all! We certainly won't be coming anywhere near chapel farm gallery and craft centre and bnb EVER again. It was that bad!!!! Social skills... What social skills?!? Ps... Watch where you park, cash fines...Greed!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Tourist625
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have to say very rude!! - myself and my friends have stayed here previously, great location

However I am hoping we caught the lady who runs this place on a bad day because wow, she was incredibly rude and miserable. I am not sure why you would run a BB in a beautiful friendly place such as croyde when you clearly don't want to be doing it

The sad thing is this isn't a one off for croyde - because the places gets so many visitors and don't get me wrong I am sure and I know you get some pain in the bums - however this doesn't warrant rudeness. Especially when you spend alot of money helping these people to stay in business. We are keen surfers and predominately stay in couples so we return to croyde often and I am sad to say if you wanted to be greeted politely and made to feel like your business is wanted I would avoid staying here!

Croyde, remember without tourism, you wouldn't make as much money as you do or your houses wouldn't be worth quite as much as they are!!!!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank surferkbone
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Chose this place for the location, but the parking was hit and miss if you got a space. When we arrived the kettle did not work, as did the bed side lamp, and there was no signal on the tv in the bedroom.
We went bed and breakfast, but felt that the owners were slightly irritated at having guests to stay and look after. After going out for the day after our first night we arrived back to find that the beds had not been made and the bins hadnt been emptied. I noticed the place is up for sale, we will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank lsummer2010
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Conveniently located, good value. Great shower room. Breakfast was tasty. My room was a little small but given that everything else was positive I would definitely recommend it. Also the hosts were very helpful and allowed us to check out late and use the shower well into the afternoon on the day of our check out.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LondonN5
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stopped for a couple of nights - we usually camp in Croyde but decided to try a B&B for a change. We were thoroughly charmed and impressed with Chapel Farm. The location was perfect as it was right in the centre of the village and provided a really good base for our walks. The hosts were lovely and couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating - my husband accidentally spilt some coffee on the bed and we apologised but they were not at all bothered.

The building itself was a beautiful thatched cottage which was full of old world charm. The inside was spotlessly clean and deceptively big. Our room was really spacious and the bed was huge! There was free wifi available in all rooms as well as plentiful tea and coffee making facilities/supplies. Although the style of the decor was traditional, the bathroom was up to date and very clean. The only downside of our stop was in line with what others have said with regards to parking. It didn't cause any major problems but you needed to be a confident driver to park and we were worried about potentially being blocked in but luckily it never happened.

The breakfast was really good with a selection of fruits, cereals and yoghurts which you could help yourself to and then orders were taken for anything cooked. The filter coffee was particularly nice!

We enjoyed our stop so much that we did not want to go home. Thank you so much Chapel Farm!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Team_Moshtie
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Not a lot to add to what others have said. Extremely comfortable, excellent food, brilliant location and with a very good feel about it. Stayed in an off suite room which was a welcome change - room to swing a cat for the price of the extreme hardship of having to walk across the landing for pee...

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family