“first trip to the area”

Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is a short ride to the Old Town Market in Omaha where there are great shops and restaurants.We had a junior suite that was very spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The room was clean it was a great plus not to be bothered by housekeeping in the morning, they always came to clean after we had left for the day. There is a gas station convenience store across the street with a Subway if you need anything. I did hear some noise from that area at night, but it did not keep me awake. Cindy at the front desk was great and was able to give us a late check out. We enjoyed our 4 night stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2013

my husband is in the military and so we drive across the country frequently moving or going to see family. I always choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express and even drive out of my way to find one because I know that they will be quality and there will be a breakfast for my two small boys (3 and 5). I also tell all of my friends and family to go there as well so I was very dissapointed when I booked two rooms in Carter Lake so that I could stay the night with my parents and they could take the boys back to their place. My husband and I left ealry in the morning for our flight and I really appreciated the budget valet parking but I was informed by my parents that when they went to breakfast the next morning that the breakfast and staff were very rude. They ran out of pancake mix in the machine and although there were still 10 or so other people besides my parents and children in the breakfast area and it was still before the end of breakfast, the attendant informed them that it wasn't worth opening a new bag of mix. I'm so glad that my
children were not worth it. We also chose this hotel over others in the area because it had a hottub and pool. I noticed a note at the front desk that the hot tub was out of service, ok so we'll only go to the pool. although this is an indoor pool it was freezing cold. Like 50 degrees. My children wouldn't even set foot in it. I may need to reevaluate my favorite hotel chain and get a loyalty card to a different company.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear akomanetz,

Thank you for leaving us a review about your visit. It is regrettable that this stay was not 100% satisfactory due to your experience at breakfast and pool facility's condition being sub par. Your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to rectify these instances.

Again, thank you for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good place to stay close to the airport. Fairly new and well kept. It's located across the street from a busy gas station, convenience store and Subway. The neighborhood is questionable and I would be careful about leaving anything in the vehicle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We will be making several trips to Omaha now that our daughter is going to college in the great city. We are still on the look out for the best stay for the value. Holiday Inn Express Carter Lake is somewhere I would stay again. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good. The only complaint was room service did not come till 5:00 pm on day. Other than that we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you need an airport close to the hotel, this is your place. A little outdated, yes, but it was comfortable and clean and had all the necessary amenities. There is a gas station and large convenient store across the street, but there are not really any restaurants within walking distance. There was a somewhat questionable crowd at our hotel that night, so I am not sure if that was an anomaly or if this area attracts different people. My stay was fine and I really have no complaints, but once I drove into town, I realized how awesome Omaha really is, and there are a lot of cool areas (Old Market, etc) with hotels that have shopping and trendy restaurants within walking distance which were reasonably priced. While I was satisfied with the HIE, I wish that I would have taken advantage of downtown Omaha and stayed there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

There was nothing wrong with the facility with the exception of housekeeping knocking in the door twice before 9:00AM on the morning of check out. I understand the sense of urgency to get the rooms clean but...... Otherwise good for the traveler with a short stay. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here the night before we had an early flight the next day. The staff was friendly. The hotel is close to the airport. Plenty of lights outdoors at night with a gas station next door. The rooms are out dated. The beds are not comfortable at all. The bathroom was dirty with hair on the floor. The first room we got the AC was broken. The second room we moved to the AC worked but it was still dirty. Other than a quick night before a flight I'd never stay here with my family. There is a Candlewood next door and that will be where we stay next time before a flight.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bigtwagner
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear bigtwagner,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had with your room accommodations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Hampton Inn Omaha Airport
#2 of 6 in Carter Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn? Share your experiences!