“Perfect end to a long day.”

Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed 13 May 2014

From check in to check out this hotel was great. I haven't had great experiences with airport hotels, and this was a pleasant surprise. My room was great and the bed extremely comfortable. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for keeping the hotel and rooms in great condition. Very clean, great staff, the GM Dan was very helpful and gracious. I had to leave at 4am and the staff made sure I had a to go bag with breakfast items. Will be my hotel of choice when next in the area for business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Despite booking a hotel for the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting almost a year in advance, this was the only hotel where I could find a room. While I usually do not stay in a Holiday Inn Express-type hotel, it is a clean hotel which is close to the CenturyLink Center in Omaha.

The hotel's shuttle bus drivers were very accommodating, taking hotel guests to the Berkshire Hathaway events, to downtown for dinner and even to a local store to pick up items forgotten at home. Breakfast included hot items, such as eggs, bacon and pancakes, so we could get an early start with a full tummy. A late check out was "no problem" for the accommodating hotel manager, Dann Sutton.

This Holiday Inn Express is a great place to stay if you want a low priced, no frills and clean hotel to spend the night and have breakfast before you start your day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport this is a good spot. However there are no restaurants close by and nothing to do in the hotel itself.

The rooms are ok, and the only complaint I have is that they start knocking on your door very early (before 8 AM).

They were nice enough to switch a prepaid reservation for me to one day later.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear RodeoFoto,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted our location suited your travel well. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for your feedback. This is of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We used our rewards night to stay while attending a concert at CenturyLink in Omaha. The hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from the Center. The room was very comfortable and quiet. This hotel is also close to Eppley Airport. The only improvement I could see would be customer service with the complimentary breakfast in the morning. Both garbage cans were full when we arrived and staff (breakfast area) does not talk with the customers. I will definitely stay again despite the breakfast area. Very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Had to switch rooms at 11:30pm after returning from conference because we had no water in our room. Took 20 minutes to find a new room. Hot tub was 68 degrees. Was transferred to an older room. Breakfast was terrible. Will not stay here again!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Heather S,

Connie D

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently on a short over night. It was cold out and I was looking for a nice sit in the hot tub! However, when checking in I noticed a sign saying the hot tub was closed, when I confirmed this with the agent I was told to "blame corporate". This is not a corporate property, and I stay in hotels often enough to know that the IHG brand standards are lacking compared to others such as hilton world wide. That being said, it must have been bad for IHG to close it, and it's concerning to meet staff so quick to pass blame. The room was bottom of the HIEXPRESS brand, not mini fridge or microwave. Finally I was awoke by my coworker at 5am telling me I was about to miss the airport shuttle!!! I flew down stairs and quickly expressed my concern and was told.... "The rest of your team members got their wake up call" I didn't. I later learned that to be a lie, as not one of my team members received a wake up call! Again passing the blame! Anyone looking to stay here should consider the La Quinta inn and suites across the street as the staff is much friendlier and consistent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Bradley187,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are pleased to see our Customer Care department was able to assist, and confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

Ben J

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight with family members. The connecting rooms worked well for us providing lots of room for visiting and "hanging out." Breakfast offered lots of variety for grandparents, parents and kids. The library of books by the fireplace in the commons area was a highlight for the grandkids. This is a very family-friendly hotel and also good for travelers as it is near the airport. There is a complimentary shuttle to the airport if needed.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn? Share your experiences!