“Clean and comfortable motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown

La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Carter Lake
London
“Clean and comfortable motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Its an airport location, but downtown is a very simple short drive. My room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable (bed included). Its a motel, so I was not expecting the Ritz! Staff were all friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was decent, but basic. Waffles, cereals, bagels, toast etc. Enjoyed my stay and would use again. Thanks guys.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TK1London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

These guys did everything they could to make us feel better after a stupid move missing a plane in Omaha. ..everything we asked for we had in minutes and it was clean...large...and comfortable. Thank u!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Candy A
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our GPS took us through a very gritty industrial area and I was beginning to think we had make a mistake. Well it is just a few doors down from a gritty industrial area. We ordered food delivered because we didn't want to wonder around this area.
The check in was good but I was very unhappy with the location of the room they gave us. I always ask for a room downstairs and away from the ice machine. We were upstairs right next to the ice machine. Needless to say people were filling their ice chest beginning at 5:30am until 7:30am. No sleeping through that.
It was late when we got there so I didn't ask for a different room even though they defiantly were not full. When we checked out the next morning I did speak to the clerk on duty who I'm sure did not understand English very well.
I can not complain about the cost but I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was a typical La Quinta with the standard hot and cold food.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in this area the price can't be beat but know it's not in the best part...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Carter Lake hotels

Woodland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Decent hotel. What you would expect from La Quinta. Parking lot was pretty full when we returned each night of our stay. Rental car was dented by someone's door. The spaces are too narrow and there aren't enough of them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Valdosta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Other than the front desk being robbed at gun point just before I checked out and the ice machines has run out of ice, the rooms were very nice. Breakfast is cereal and bread items. Nothing hot. Beds have a 4" memory foam on mattress, very soft and not for those that prefer firm beds. $175 for a king w/sofa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Parkston, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My 18 year old son and 8 of his friends had planned a trip to the College World Series. Planning began in April and I reserved two rooms at the LaQuinta at that time. I was provided with a confirmation number for each room. I received two emails on Monday, June 16, 2014 with my two confirmation numbers. The boys arrived in Omaha on June 17, 2014 and took in two baseball games. They went to check in at the hotel at around 9:30 PM to find out that there was a "mix up" and one of the rooms was double booked, and the same confirmation number was given twice. Of course, the other party had already checked in, so 9 guys were crammed into one double queen room. The hotel staff were going to do nothing about this until I called to ask questions. By this time it was 10:30 PM and the General Manager was notified of the situation only after I insisted that something be done to solve the problem. Their idea of a solution was to set up cots in a meeting room with no bathroom or shower facilities. The boys declined that solution, because who wants to sleep in a meeting room with no bathroom facilities? I asked for a full refund on the one room that we did have, since LaQuinta's satisfaction policy says that if a customer is not satisfied with their stay, there is no charge for the room. They DO NOT honor this policy. Furthermore, my son said the room was an absolute dive. For an 18 year old to say this...that's something.

In short, it seems that the evening shift personnel are inept when it comes to attempting to solve problems such as this. The computer system for making reservations online is not trustworthy. And LaQunita does not honor their own customer satisfaction policy that is clearly stated on their website. We will NOT be using this hotel chain again.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Danita L
Sioux Center, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room we were given was not clean, was musty, and had several furniture pieces missing. When we came into the room at midnight, it was hot. Some lamps were unplugged and one did not work. No reason to come back to this motel! The mattresses also need replacing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
BEST WESTERN PLUS Omaha Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown? Share your experiences!