“Nice and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Carter Lake
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Easy check in, rooms are clean and roomy. Staff her are super nice and it is a nice place to stay for little money. They have continental breakfast, free wifi, a computer and printer room, swimming pool and spa (too much chlorine in pool, but better too much than not enough), best part they have laundry rooms to keep your clothes clean while away from home (that is a big plus to me) Close to town and lots of places to visit. I definitely will be back again.

Room Tip: Great prices, clean. I had room 117 down stairs 1st floor close to pools, front desk, breakfast area...
2 Thank Tammy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
omaha, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Checked in very late at night and was told the room that they had was the last one available. After we got into the room it was noisy, unsure of the cleanliness of the bed sheets (stains and marks), bathroom towels hung appropriately but were dirty when I tried to use them the next day.. needless to say the wife and I slept in our clothes and had to use the one clean towel in the room.. I recommend going down cummings st to Hampton Inn if you are staying near Old Town Omaha

1 Thank Christopher B

Travellers are raving about these Carter Lake hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Its an airport location, but downtown is a very simple short drive. My room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable (bed included). Its a motel, so I was not expecting the Ritz! Staff were all friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was decent, but basic. Waffles, cereals, bagels, toast etc. Enjoyed my stay and would use again. Thanks guys.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TK1London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

These guys did everything they could to make us feel better after a stupid move missing a plane in Omaha. ..everything we asked for we had in minutes and it was clean...large...and comfortable. Thank u!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Candy A
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our GPS took us through a very gritty industrial area and I was beginning to think we had make a mistake. Well it is just a few doors down from a gritty industrial area. We ordered food delivered because we didn't want to wonder around this area.
The check in was good but I was very unhappy with the location of the room they gave us. I always ask for a room downstairs and away from the ice machine. We were upstairs right next to the ice machine. Needless to say people were filling their ice chest beginning at 5:30am until 7:30am. No sleeping through that.
It was late when we got there so I didn't ask for a different room even though they defiantly were not full. When we checked out the next morning I did speak to the clerk on duty who I'm sure did not understand English very well.
I can not complain about the cost but I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was a typical La Quinta with the standard hot and cold food.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in this area the price can't be beat but know it's not in the best part...
Woodland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Decent hotel. What you would expect from La Quinta. Parking lot was pretty full when we returned each night of our stay. Rental car was dented by someone's door. The spaces are too narrow and there aren't enough of them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Valdosta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Other than the front desk being robbed at gun point just before I checked out and the ice machines has run out of ice, the rooms were very nice. Breakfast is cereal and bread items. Nothing hot. Beds have a 4" memory foam on mattress, very soft and not for those that prefer firm beds. $175 for a king w/sofa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
BEST WESTERN PLUS Omaha Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown? Share your experiences!