“Disgusted and disillusioned”

Twofold Bay Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Eden
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I had booked a standard queen room in September for one night in late December. At the time of the booking I was not given any information regarding choices of rooms and wrongly or rightly assumed from the photos that all rooms had a view. On arrival we were given the key and directed towards the back of the block closest to the street with me still thinking our room would be one of many looking out over the bay. Instead our room was on the ground floor looking out to the street where only less than 2 metres away pedestrians strolled by. Across the road we could view the local RSL Club. Both my husband and I on separate occasions enquired with the male and female managers about being moved to one of the rooms with a view and were told no rooms were available. During this time my husband went to use the bathroom in our unit while I was outside. I heard loud banging coming from unit where I found him locked in the bathroom. As he closed the bathroom door the handle came off in his hand, locking him in. We both agreed it could have been a serious situation if he'd been travelling alone and had left his mobile phone in the main room. We informed the managers who inspected the handle saying there was nothing they could do. They were unable to give us another room as they were booked out. I asked if everyone had checked in yet and was told no but they still could not move us to another room. By this time we were getting quite upset and when I mentioned that I would have thought that making a booking back in September surely would have given us priority I was told that the other rooms were of a higher rating and I hadn't asked for such a room. There was much to-ing and fro-ing and the male manager said if we didn't like it then we didn't have to stay - he would have no trouble selling our room that day! Thus we decided to leave telling them we were disgusted with the service. The female manager returned to the office where she slammed one door after another calling out - "this is for you!". We left in utter shock that people could be so unco-operative and arrogant.

Room Tip: Ask in great detail exactly where and how much your room will be. Be very specific!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sydneytraveller41
Jennifer W, Owner at Twofold Bay Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Re the above comments “Discussed and Disillusioned ”, we do not usually comment on “guest comments” but this time we feel we need to defend ourselves. We always endeavour to meet our guest needs and requirments.

The guest in question stated she booked her accomodation in September, at that time of booking there were all 3 room types available, Standard, Deluxe & Executive rooms and the guest chose a Standard room. Because she was not happy with the room type she had booked, when she arrived she wanted us to change her room, as we explained we were fully booked (were we expected us to move a guest who had booked an Executive room to a Standard room?) This problem was not off our making

Had the guest made an inquiry with us at the time of booking re the difference in room types and her very specitic requirements we may all have had a better out come. Her anger and accusations re our honsety at the time and now her half truths and misleading comments are hurtful and unnesessary

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The rooms were quite big, with quiet lodgings experienced when hotel was at full capacity, great bed, easy access and parking, very friendly reception. They do an in house breakfast if you wish. Walk around town anywhere from here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hump75
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at the Twofold bay for 3 nights while we explored the coast from Melbourne to Sydney..booking online was easy and the location was perfect...right in the heart of everything,close to shop,beach and amazing view...rooms are cleaned and serviced daily..there is the option to have breakfast made for you as you cannot cook anything in there except basic coffee and tea but opposite are great eating places...especially the southern inn right at the corner..amazing dinner.we will definitely visit again

Room Tip: Get any room with the view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Nice s big rooms well appointed with a full King size bed, close to town. The staff were obliging no complaints only wish I could have stayed longer. Had breakfst brought to my room great value, service with a smile will definately return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onecarp
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed at the Twofold Bay as a newly-wed on a road trip with my brothers visiting from overseas. We booked the family room for 5 adults & they were very accommodating with this arrangement. Late arrival was not a problem & price was very reasonable.

Loved the central location & views too. Would definitely stay again if I pass through Eden in future

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed here for two nights in October 2012 with my wife and 5 year old son during a driving holiday in New South Wales.

I booked the accommodation online, and it was very easy to choose the right room for us. We got a deluxe twin on the ground floor which had a queen size bed and a single bed. There was also a separate kitchen.

The decor is a little dated, but the room was spotlessly clean and tidy. We certainly didn't want for any creature comforts.

The hotel has its own indoor swimming pool which is supposedly heated, but the day we tried it the heater wasn't on - hence the pool was freezing cold so we had to abandon our planned swim!

There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there are several very close by that will allow you to charge back to your hotel room - very convenient. We ate at 'Essentially Eden' in the old pub up the road which was good. The hotel does provide a breakfast delivered to your room, though, and this is very good.

Given the hotel's central location, you're within walking distance of the Killer Whale museum, and also the wharf from where several operators give whale watching tours during the humpback whale migrating season (September to November).

Even though you are in the middle on town, it was very quiet at night. I certainly slept very well!

Overall, this hotel was excellent value and we would certainly stay here again. If you're visiting Eden during the whale watching season, then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Had a great 3nights in Eden staying at this motel. It was a great choice for us as it was reasonably priced and in a great location. Had a bottom room which was with views of the water, all amenities were clean and well looked after. We were running late and Jennifer was kind enough to ring and leave the key in the door for our arrival. Will be returning again at a later date for more Whale watching and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
The Seahorse Inn
Eden Motel
#2 of 8 in Eden
Coachman's Rest Motor Inn
Discovery Parks – Eden

Been to Twofold Bay Motor Inn? Share your experiences!