“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We had lunch there today and were disappointed. The food was OK, but not great. The fish batter was a bit oily. What really annoyed me was that when I asked for an extra plate and cutlery because my wife and I wanted to share our meal, I was told I would have to pay $1.50 for the privilege. That spoiled the meal! And when I asked for water for the table we were given three glasses and a bottle of water, presumably because we had only ordered three meals for four people? We went around the corner for our coffee and dessert and were pleasantly surprised with the friendly service and home made desserts. Won't go back to The Great White Bite.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Robert M

Canberra, Australia
“Good Breakfast, Great Views”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Had a good breakfast with an amazing view! Location is really pretty and interesting to watch the boats go in and out of the port. Meals were also reasonably priced and service friendly.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank nik22192
“A scenic spot for lunch”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the beautiful scenic location on the wharf at Eden! Just after we had been on the great Cat Balou cruise. The food was good but not great. I had a hot spud, the toppings were lovely but the spud was a little under cooked. My husband had the fishermans basket and it was overall good, however the oil tasted a little old and chips without seasoning/salt. A lovely scenic spot and we would give it another try.

Eden, Australia
“The best Salt and Pepper Squid!”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The Great White Bite must have the world's best melt-in-your-mouth Salt and Pepper squid! I have mine with fresh salad, while my husband opts for fresh fish and chips.

My husband and I make a point of visiting regularly when we want lunch out. The dining room is plain but pleasant enough, with local artwork on the walls, and fishing nets overhead. Weather permitting, we sit outside at the sidewalk tables, watching the working fishing boats and the seagulls.

Visited November 2012