“High Tea - WHAT a TREAT”
Review of Restaurant Mystique - CLOSED

Restaurant Mystique
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just experienced High Tea at this delightful Restaurant - A mothers day special.
The staff were amazing. The thought and effort that went into a "first time event" was unequaled.
The attention to detail and the sheer quantity of the petite sweet morsels was mind boggling.
The finger sandwiches were fresh and mouthwatering. The only criticism I can make is that I would have preferred a little less sweet and a little more savoury for that time of day. The price was a mere $30 per person including champagne & tea or coffee - well worth every cent paid and if anything under priced for quantity & quality. Thank you again folks - your innovation IS appreciated & I look forward to joining you again.

1  Thank MSKahoona

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This a moderate restaurant attached to a motel in a small coastal town.The service is exceptionally pleasant and the food very good. This is not a gourmet restaurant!!
Definitely over priced but this seemed the norm in Australia. Everything is expensive!
The restaurant will pick pick you up at your hotel and drop you off after dinner which is a bonus.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice, and as the only upmarket restaurant in Eden, I had great hopes. The first time, I enjoyed the experience and found the food and service reasonable. The second time was a big disappointment. My husband had booked both the restaurant and the courtesy car a couple of weeks before the night to celebrate my birthday. The courtesy car did not turn up, and when we rang, we were treated in a surly matter. When the driver eventually turned up, he was rude and resentful. When we arrived, they couldn't find our booking, even though this was confirmed at the time of booking.
After all that drama, the meal and the service were only average - a restrictive, somewhat unimaginative menu that did not reflect the high prices. I haven't been back since.

4  Thank Jacqueline J
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have to respond to various comments from visitors regarding this restuarant, and I make myself totally unbiased, even though now knowing Rod and Liz.

We first dined at Mystique early last year before settling in Eden,and came to the conclusion, that it was one of the finest dining venues we have visited. We have been overseas and around Australia with the RAAF, we like like fine dining, and have been in some shockers even in Brisbane ,Sydney and Melbourne.

Michoy the cook, did not make his or hers whereabouts known, but a true chef would have been happy to know that if 95%+ of shellfish is open when leaving the wok, it is cooked to near perfection. Unfortunately, some restaurants cook the crap out of seafood and ruin it, including city chefs who probably dont know any better. This is a seafood and mussel town, so it is better off left at that.

Rod works at the establishment 19 hours a day, has a reserved larrikin character, coupled with a heart of gold. He is a true toiler, and as mentioned by Damsfeld from Eden, don't change at all Rod. Both Rod and Liz are sticklers for attention to detail, and the Chefing staff (all female) appear to really love it there and the result is in the presentation. Five Star.

Finally, I was the musician mentioned on Valentines night. As a result of earlier discussion, it was my suggestion to gauge the response for a continued Jazz Style music background scene that Liz was thinking about, and it was a trial run. We were rewarded with a 3 course meal, that did impinge for a total of 43 minutes. Tony Bennett was played in the meantime, although quietly.

Mystique Eden, once again without bias, is comparable to some of the best regarded dining establishments on the eastern seaboard, without "over the top" prices

4  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Wow as a traveling sales rep i have made eating out one of my favourite past times and was delighted to visit Mystique after a recomendation from a local buisnessman.I have been back several times since and taken both small and large groups of customers who all agree that the atmosphere and high quality food will keep you comming back for more! I would not hesitate to say its the best restaurant i have eaten in country NSW & VIC and have already booked for my next trip to Eden!!

ps. the owner can not dance or sing but pours a nice beer!

1  Thank 55ANDREWw