“Mediocre”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The Seahourse Inn has so much history, and after the refurbishment that took place a few years ago, many of us who live locally had big hopes for this restaurant. It seems to have had a series of chefs and staff.
The last two times we ate there, we found the service to be very poor and amateurish, and the food a bit greasy and on the level of pub food. With such a magical spot and building, it is a shame that the owners cannot provide a restaurant to match.

3  Thank Jacqueline J

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Top spot to visit on a sunny day right on the waters of Twofold Bay. Staff were helpful & the food was quote acceptable without being anything daring or different.

Value wise it was reasonable with 3 entrees, 3 mains, a bottle of win & a couple of beers coming out at around $130.

One major minus - if you buy a wine by the bottle & want to eat/drink outside then you get given tacky plastic disposable glasses. Stupid when consider that if you buy wine by the glass you get a real glass & can take it outside no worries.

Wheelchair access was good, parking close by, good pathways & flat access. I didm;t check out the toilet but considering this place was recently refurbished I would be confident its OK.

1  Thank CrippAdvisor
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I went to the sea horse inn for 8/3/2013 for lunch with my partner and kids i have been there on many occasions..I have always thoroughly enjoyed my meal and think it is very well priced the location is beautiful being situated on the beach. I was served by very polite helpful staff both in the bar and restaurant. I would highly recommend the sea horse inn to other people wether it be for a family meal or function as the venue is beautiful always clean and staff are always helpful and polite I will definitely use the venue again in the future.

1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal here last week, as a family, my children were made to feel very welcome and took full advantage of playing in the lawn area out front... Staff were very accommodating and we all enjoyed our meals especially the pork belly salad.... Will definetly be returning on our next trip to the south coast

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have been every summer the past four years .. Every year the service gets worse and worse .. If it wasn't for the food I would not have gone back .. This year not only did we have appalling service INCLUDING management but food was very disappointing aswell .. When staff was advise by these issues no one wanted to fix or control the situation .. Young staff that have no customer service skills what so ever .. Beautiful venue but the service brings it all down .. It is a massive pity that it has so much potential especially in summer for tourist to come , eat and enjoy the view .. I would not recommend it nor will I ever go back ..

A very disappointed Melbournian