“Beautiful venue, Peaceful,”
Review of The Seahorse Inn

The Seahorse Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Eden
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Attended a wedding there last year, a marvellous place to stay, the rooms were renovated and classy. It is a classic country escape, the staff reflected this in their friendly but proffesional manner. I returned recently and spent the weekend, a new manager has taken over, and a new chef, they are still finding their feet, but i found the staff friendly and willing to assist me with any thing i needed. The beds and rooms are beautiful with balconies overlooking the ocean. there is nothing more pleasant to wake up in the morning to the sound of waves breaking on the shore and birdlife. I would recommend a stay here to anyone who wants a change from town or city life. And it is a marvellous venue for functions with its large lawn stretching down to a pristine beach.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Our family stayed at the homestead. The house was not ready at 2pm we had to wait hour and half. After telling reception no, i could not just come back in a while, i have kids wanting to get out and run around. They did offer drinks till the room was ready. Nice!I was a little disappointed for the price I was expecting more... There were definitely lots of beds, but in one of the two showers the screen got stuck, so only children could squeeze through. The water dripped constantly from shower and toilet constantly filling.(annoying at night). The whole place needed a good spring clean. the lounge was stained and laundry dirty. Kitchen was good. The homestead was quiet, surrounded by bush and could hear ocean in mornings.

Room Tip: Would advise you stay at the inn, not the homestead.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mmains
Reviewed 21 January 2012

can you imagine how difficult it is trying to have a relaxing cup of coffee with 3yr old twin boys? My daughter and I stopped at the seahorse in on our way back to Lakes Entrance it was great, warm friendly staff, great coffee, and the little blond haired girl serving us came out with a ball for the boys to play with. Thank you it was great. What a beautiful place we will definately be going back would love to spend a week or two, they have done wonders with the renovations over the last few years, I remember going there years ago it was a run down old ruin now it is first class, nice to see our history being restored would imagine Ben Boyds ghost smiling to see how lovely it is.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I am so glad I found this beautiful place to stay. The room was excellent, the service very warm and friendly, and the food was divine. Will stay again

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed but the Ocean view with balcony is the best
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KayVanders
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Seahorse inn for four wonderful nights. It is such a wonderful destination, old world charm with sleek modern comforts.. We dined in both the restaurants and we surprised by the quality of the meals, the fine dinning was especially enjoyable... Just watching the ocean from our rooms balcony, was very relaxing... The bright and bubbly young manager made us feel right at home from the moment we checked in until we checked out. I recommend the seahorse inn to anyone who is looking to get away from it all.

1  Thank Miles L
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Spend a night with my husband, at the lovely seahorse inn resort.
Our stay was lovely, even though it was a extremely buzy the food was very high standard.
And all the staff were very accommodating and friendly.
Our room was very spacious and had a beautiful view of the ocean.
We will defiantly be back.

1  Thank peta s
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I spent a weekend at the Seahorse Inn i found it to be so beautiful with excellent service, delicious meals and wonderful staff which just enchanced the atmosphere. I highly reccomend staying here as it was an experience i will never forget and will be back plenty of times.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family