“Great farm stay”

Cedar Glen Farmstay
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family of four were upgraded to Dairy Cottage during our recent two nights stay. The view from the veranda was breath-taking. My two girls enjoyed the horse riding. Morning and evening farm activities such as feeding and milking the cow went very well with the kids. I would strongly recommend the 4 WD twilight tour which brings you to cliff for a fantastic view of the valley.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tintedsky

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed on the farm in early April. Was given a free upgrade to Wallaby Cottage though I have booked the Homestead earlier.

we enjoyed the activities very much - milk the cow, collect the eggs, pony ride, twilight tour, boomerang, picnic by the river etc... the up close encounter with animals is really a good experience!

Most importantly, I think it is the people who makes the difference. Nigel, Nathasha and Hannah were very very nice and genuine folks who went the extra mile for all the guests.

We took the catered meals at AUD75 per adult per day. it is not cheap. but it is worth while in our opinion. The food is of good quality and it saves us the hassle of cooking during the trip.

Highly recommend this farm if you happen to drop by Brisbane.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hui Ming N
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was looking around for to give my young kids (2 and 7) an authentic experience of staying on the farm. The Wallaby Cottage provided us with a serene backdrop with all the modern amenities, though too big for as - we had an extra bedroom we didn't use. My oldest remarked that it was so big, like a hotel, while my youngest loved spending quiet times in the bath-tub by the window. I myself felt very peaceful and comfortable away from the city life and slept like a log. We did the animal feedings, horse-riding and going up to the Lost World, although we were disappointed we weren't able to do the 4WD and boomerang sides activities. My daughter was so thrilled at feeding all the animals.

Charlotte, the help, made my girl feel very comfortable. And thanks to Nigel who let me borrow his transformer but I forgot to return it. I guess that means we'll be coming back! All in all, an unforgettable experience, 2 days was just about right for my small family. I do have a comment: my cottage did have a lot of ants. You would need to make your own arrangements for the drive down and may want to self-cater.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at Stinson Cottage (self-catered) for 3 nights. We didn't go for the catered option partly for cost and partly due to our mostly pescetarian diet. The kitchen is well-equipped (though some of the utensils are not well-maintained) and I would really recommend self-catering for those who love cooking as there's more flexibility and you will save lots of $$$ which you can use for activities such as horse-riding, boomerang throwing and whip cracking. My 4 kids age 6-13 thoroughly enjoyed those activities, and we also went to the creek for some 'fishing' fun. They were especially thrilled when the wild kangaroos hopped by in the mornings and evenings and they love feeding the horses with grass and carrots every evening.

It was a fantastic break from city life (especially cos we are from S'pore where space is scarce) and the view of the surrounding mountains are breathtaking. We love the serenity, peace, fresh air, animals, and friendly people at the farm. Weeks after we are back, the kids are still talking about the experience and missing the lovely horses. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan L
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Cedar Glen Farmstay a few days before Christmas. I stayed in the original 1901 homestead and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

My room was spacious and comfortable, opening onto a large verandah overlooking a delightful garden with hills/mountains in the background. I also spent time admiring the old photographs and historic nick knacks scattered throughout the homestead, which I found fascinating.

The weather was glorious and in the afternoon I meandered around the picturesque property with camera in hand. The views around the Lost World Valley were amazing, especially from Jack’s Rock –such an interesting 4WD trip to get there. Plus it gave a great perspective of the Cedar Glen property too.

A highlight was taking part in the traditional Billy tea making demonstration – by far the best “cuppa” I have had for years – thanks Nigel.

Loved seeing all the animals on the farm, especially the horses, and in the late afternoon, to my delight, the lawns were dotted with wallabies.

I had a fantastic relaxing break from the grind of everyday city living! Thank you Nigel, Sabrina and Janet for making my visit so memorable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shaz M
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We (2A2C) stayed at the Wallaby Cottage for 4D/3N during early Dec 2013. Nice scenery and the occasional Wallabies pop by, fascinating us. We were so close to nature!
Natasha & Sabrina taught us how to ride horses. The horses are well trained and they are really careful.
My daughter enjoyed that so much and she rode the horses the very next day. The daily farm activities leaded by Philip were fun too!

The weather was nice and picnic lunches were delicious and always by a river. That was our 1st time we drank Billy Tea...water from the Albert River!
Nigel is the owner, the driver and a very good teacher. He showed us how to throw a Boomerang and the whip cracking.
We went for the twilight 4WD up to the mountain to view the Balancing Rock and the 1050 acre Cedar Glen cattle property. It was an amazing view.
Breakfast & dinner are scrumptious, especially the desserts at dinner. We look forward to it every night.

This is our 1st farm stay and it was a very enlightening experience for all of us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Wallaby Cottage and it is spacious for 2 adults and 1 child. It is cosy and close to the homestead where breakfast and dinner are served. We enjoyed the outings for picnic lunch where the Nigel and Natasha drove us to different locations on the property. Being city folks, we enjoyed nice views the area offered (vast pasture) and being with nature looking at wallabies and other wildlife. My boy had a great time feeding the farm animals and playing at the creeks during lunch time. The meals served were scrumptious and nutritious. If you are a big eater, the portion might be a bit small. We did not participate in other farm activities (we wanted to try boomerang throwing but it was too windy that day) but went on walking trials on our own following the directions given in the farm's booklet. If you are on a budget, a one night stay should be enough to experience what a farm stay has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BusymummyJR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaudesert
Lillydale Farmstay
Worendo Cottages
#1 of 1 in Darlington
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge

Been to Cedar Glen Farmstay? Share your experiences!