“Very dissappointed - even after providing in-house feedback”

Mamma Mia Trattoria Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very dissappointed - even after providing in-house feedback”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our experience started really well but went downhill very quickly. The pizza we shared as a starter was excellent, though could have done with a bit more seafood and I am not convinced the crab was fresh. However, the mains were terrible. We were really excited to see home made pasta on the menu, however the pasta was overcooked and sticking together in big clunks - I would not have served this to guests in my own home. I ordered the dish I did because it was a white wine and lemon sauce so I was expecting something light and full of flavour. What I received was creamy and gluggy. I had advised the waitress I did not like cream with my pasta, and she did not indicate that the dish was cream based and neither did the menu. My partners pasta was also overcooked but not nearly as gluggy as mine, however the seafood was not fresh or of a quality I would write home about. The tomatoes in the salad caprese salad were tasteless and pale - surely it isn't hard to source ripe tomatoes? During our meal, nobody approached the table to see if everything was okay and staff were congregated inside. It was only after about 20 minutes once my partner had finished his meal that anyone came near us and this was when I was asked if something was wrong. I advised the waitress of the above to which she did offer to get me something else, but this would have meant an additional wait and we needed to get going. She offered a free dessert but I am lactose intolerant so this was not an option. We still had to pay full price and no discount was offered. In retrospect I should have sent the dish back but I hate kicking up a fuss, so thought providing feedback in-house was the right thing to do.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sarah R

“Completely overpriced and frozen.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have never had a satisfactory experience while dining here. Ever. In fact, I say this after visiting 4 times and I still have no idea why the hell we would revisit with new hopes. The pizzas are completely lacking in flavour and always soggy. Always. The Dominoes down our street does crispier bases than this place. Pastas and whatnot are also below-mediocre. My father was excited to try the mixed seafood marinara but surprise, surprise, it was obvious that the seafood was frozen and not fresh at all. The entire dish smelled like a dying mermaid. However, I'd say the antipasto plate really takes the cake here. It's basically $18 for a larger lunchables pack. Cheap ham that we've tasted at Woolworths, pieces of white toast, and stiff cheese that we couldn't tell if it was hard parmisan or old tasteless cheap cheddar. What a waste of a beautiful venue and pizza oven. It's always feels like we're paying way too much money on a big waste of calories.

Urgh.

• Visited March 2014
Daniela F, Manager at Mamma Mia Trattoria Pizzeria, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear customer I am sorry to read this very poor review, but I am also sorry that you didn't manifest your disappointment while dining at mamma mia. As a business who values customers feedback, we would have definitely taken a proper action in that respect if "needed".
I would like to point out that if you judge for instance a "real"Parmesan cheese imported from Italy as a cheddar cheese or a homemade bread as a white toast or even more an authentic homemade and wood oven pizza worse than a Domino's pizza, we can only presume that you have not true idea of what real Italian cuisine is or probably you have not taste for it.
One thing is not enjoying a certain cuisine because of that particular taste,different story is criticising the same as a poor dining experience because of a poor knowledge of that cuisine.
As a manager, I ask every single customer on every single dining experience and I am happy to witness that 9.9 out of 10 are "extremely" happy about our food.. unfortunately not everyone has the time to put a review on this "unrealistic" social media. We apologise once again for your "poor" experience with Mamma Mia but above all for not enjoying authentic italian food. best regards
Brisbane
“An excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a great casual dining experience yesterday. Great food, superb service and the relaxed casual surroundings made it most enjoyable. We will return very soon to try the Pizzas, which we have heard are very authentically Italian, like our pastas and salads were.

• Visited February 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

From the texture of the base, to the right amount of each topping. This is by far the best pizza you'll eat in South East Brisbane. I highly recommend the seafood Mama Mia pizza, my only complaint is that this has ruined all other pizzas for me now.

The setting is lovely in front of the water, and the service was great.

• Visited February 2014
“Most authentic Italian pizza ”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

As a couple we went to mamma mia trattoria where we heard they made the best pizza in qld. We drove an hour and a half from tweed heads and we were amazed at how good it was. Authentic. Even the buffalo mozzarella was imported from Italy. We have been to several Italian pizzerias in melbourne and qld and I can honestly say that these pizzas are the best ones yet. The staff were incredible and friendly and the atmosphere was like I was back in Italy. Thank you for the experience

2 Thank Dateater