“Fun filled week of camping.”

Gateway Lifestyle Rainbow Waters
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great camp spot with great facilities and plenty to do for the kids. We looked out over the water and boat ramp. Campfires are allowed and sites are not cramped. Yes we had ended up with a few bites and a few windy and rainy days, but overall a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Gateway Lifestyle Rainbow Waters

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a comfortable, clean cabin set in lush tropical palms.
Enjoyed an evening campfire and BBQ bacon n egg burgers for breakfast, hardly used the cabin except to sleep.
Didn't get any negativity from management, and must have been out of season for midgies.
Going back this weekend to try an unpowered site at a price I've found to be competitive. Struck Kerry on the phone and she came across as friendly and welcoming.
If it goes bad I guess I can't say I haven't been warned, I'll certainly take all efforts to limit the midgie effect.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Drifterdiver
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 10 days, I am scarred over arms and legs from the midges, found bushmans no help but coconut oil or sunscreen seemed to help plus a lit fire.

The blond lady in the office, I think it is Debbie it the rudest lady I have ever met. We were made to feel very unwelcome, spoken to as if we were criminals. People around the camp also complained about her. We were quiet, kept our area clean, respected the rules of the camp by mopping after our shower etc, we know the routine because we have been going there for years, BUT this women's behaviour is enough for us never to return until she leaves. If she is there next year I will continue back to Tin Can Bay

19  Thank Wendy S
Rainbow_Waters, Front Office Manager at Gateway Lifestyle Rainbow Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Dear Wendy,
thank you for your review and thanks for following the common rules of the Park.
We hope that you are not going to let a personal feeling stop you from enjoy our great Holiday Park.
Hope to see you again.
The Management Team

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Absolute fabulous location, and there were a lot of midgies. We had mosquito coils, Areoguard and a camp fire and these somewhat limited the damage but there is no avoiding them. In terms of the amenities the showers were constantly cold, female toilets seemed to be always out of toilet paper and the shower/toilet block seemed to be constantly dirty. (probably need to be cleaned every couple of hours) although in fairness with the large number of people there it would have been hard to keep anything clean. We were a family of 5 so the four nights stay was over $290 which seemed very expensive for what we got. Probably wouldn't recommend it over the Easter Weekend but may be better in quitter times of the year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brisbane_Family_0f_5
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed over the Easter Break 2014. We camped in the unpowered section. Per night price was an absolute premium ($35 per night for an unpowered site). The park itself was very nice, with lots of shady trees. Lots of family groups, and dogs and campfires are allowed. The only thing I really hated - and will definitely stop me ever coming back is the midges! We dosed ourselves with Aeroguard, Bushman's, tee tree oil...you name it!! We topped up every couple of hours, and were staying in the relative protection of a caravan...Yet it still didn't help. Nearly every person I saw in the park had arms and legs covered in itchy red welts. All of our group survived the last couple of days shovelling down antihistamines to try to reduce the pain and itching! Such a shame. Rainbow Beach is a nice location...but just not worth it in terms of the "scratch" factor!!

Room Tip: Don't even consider staying here if you react badly to midge bites.
4  Thank ShelbInOz
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We arrived and paid for 7 nights, $297. Within 2 hours in the evening we were eaten alive by midgies. Locked ourselves in the van and covered up. A terrible night!, midgies came in everywhere. In the morning my wife and granddaughter looked like the Michelin man. I raced to the chemist for antihistamines. I informed "manager" Sue we can't live like this and have to leave immediately. I asked for a refund as it was uninhabitable. She treated me like an idiot, spoke through the door from another room and I asked her to come out "like an adult would". Too bad for you, read the sign. Pure theft. After coresponding with the owner via email, he claimed he was there, created lies like I always said I would return later, blah, blah, blah. Unbelievable lies and fraud. Enter this park at your own risk my friend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank carla w
Reviewed 11 April 2014

There were a lot of midges, but this is to be expected next to the water, mangroves and swamp. Don't forget the spray. My only gripe was the lack of cleaning by fellow visitors after their showers. We stayed a week and 5 of those nights I had to mop out the shower BEFORE I had a shower.

Lazy!

Management was very friendly and helpful. Camp kitchen was handy, and of course having the boat ramp right there was great

Room Tip: Camp away from the water. The people we spoke to staying down near the water said they got hammered...
1  Thank Lee-Anne N
#5 of 13 in Rainbow Beach
Tin Can Bay Tourist Park
Tin Can Bay Tourist Park
#1 of 4 in Tin Can Bay

Been to Gateway Lifestyle Rainbow Waters? Share your experiences!