“Great place, Great experience, Great Blokes!”

Epic Ocean Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Half-Day Kayak with Dolphins and 4WD Beach Drive...
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Rainbow Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Epic tours include- Dolphin view kayak tours, surf lessons, kitesurfing lessons, Stand Up Paddle lessons, Turtle kayak tours, sandboard & surf hire.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is just paradise!!
My wife & I had a surfing lesson at double Island point & could possibly say this is one of the nicest beaches in australia.
The day started with a refreshing juice from the juice bar they have within the surf store and then headed off on an adventurous drive along the beach (20 mins) past the coloured sands and onto double island point where there where a few yachts anchored in the peaceful inlet.
Sean took us for a walk up to the lookout on the point just to be greeted with a pod of dolphins darting through the waves right on cue! Amazing!
We were then greeted by some perfect little 2 ft waves gently rolling around the point, which were perfect for the beginner surfer.
After a couple of hours upon catching wave after wave were stoked with excitement & also totally stuffed, so we were homeward bound but this time through the national park - Wow! another great experience, beautiful bushland with amazing scenery. We stopped for a for a drink at the bbq area where we witnessed some beautiful goannas just peacfully sunning themselves on the grassed areas.
We arrived shortly after back at the shop totally satisfied with what we had just experienced - something very special ! I think I wouldve been stoked if there were no waves, the drive along the beach & through the national park was enough!
I cannot recommend these guys highly enough, great place, great experience & great blokes!
I cant wait to re-visit & try their other tours. Keep up the great work guys!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My 7 year old and I decided to do the two trips with Rainbow Beach Surf Centre and Dolphin Kayaking. On our tours there were no other children and I was a bit worried it may not end up being suitable for kids but I was more than surprised that the guides went out of there way to make sure he enjoyed himself. These guys are great. We got to see the most amazing scenery on the trips out to the kayaking and surfing which is worth the trip alone. On our second day we did the surfing tour and I can not say enough about the guide. He spent time encouraging my little boy and getting him excited about surfing. I now have a little boy who is standing up on a surfboard and is hooked. It is something he will now do for the rest of his life. We had the privelidge of seeing so many dolphins up so so close we did not know where to look next. Highly Recommended and I am returning in 6 weeks to take some family out to enjoy. Thanks Guys !!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Okay ... so you get driven in a 4x4 along the beach early in the morning and see the most amazing beach, you get to see the coloured sands, the fishermen and the locals enjoying the most beautiful beach we have seen, and thats not the main event! The main event is kayaking in beautiful warm waters, with dolphin pods swimming amongst you, turtles among the cliff edge, and whales in the distance. And then 4x4 it back along the beach back to the surf centre. The instructor was brilliant, but gave us space to enjoy the moment. Its one of those moments that will stay with you forever. Not just the dolphin thing, but for the whole experience. Just living the dream guys x

1  Thank Hgang
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.
Our instructor was very friendly and helpful and friendly.
We were even lucky enough to have a whale surface only a few meters away from us. It was amazing!

The only minor criticism is that we booked though a 3rd party and this caused a little confusion but everything was resolved quickly.

Thanks Rainbow Beach Surf Centre for a great afternoon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked the 3hr surf lesson a month ago and everything went smoothly. We got there at 10.50h to do the paperwork and headed to the double island point afterwards, driving along the beautiful beach. Arriving at the double island point we had a short instruction and went into the water. The surf teacher was really nice and helped me a lot. All in all great experience, nice staff, nice teacher, great beach and an awesome surf. As a plus we saw dolphins at the way back!!! We recommend this surf school to everyone whos enjoing a great time!!!!!!!! It was lovely!!!

Tyron v, Owner at Epic Ocean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thanks guys,
what a great group! As always we got everyone standing and surfing. happy travels and i hope you guys get out for a surf again soon. Yew!