“Never too old to learn new tricks !”

Epic Ocean Adventures
Book In Advance
US$60.41*
Half-Day Kayak with Dolphins and 4WD Beach Drive from Rainbow Beach
US$52.36*
and up
Double Island Point Surf Lesson on Australia's Longest Wave from Rainbow Beach...
US$52.36*
Stand Up Paddle Double Island Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Epic tours include- Dolphin view kayak tours, surf lessons, kitesurfing lessons, Stand Up Paddle lessons, Turtle kayak tours, sandboard & surf hire.
Noosa, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never too old to learn new tricks !”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

At over 50 I never imagined learning to surf ! But Shaun at Rainbow Beach surf school in Qld made it so easy. I took my daughter for her 16th birthday along with her sister and cousins for a birthday treat. The ages ranged from 8yrs up to 51yrs. We all managed to stand up and really get a feel of it ! what an awesome feeling!! The surf is so beginner friendly at Double Island Pt where they take you. If surfing is something you've always wanted to try this is the place !!! and Shaun is so helpful and friendly, they provide everything you need. Great value for the money and what a wonderful way to see the coloured sands at Rainbow Beach.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Vanessa B

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“No communication with staff”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I was very hopeful about attending the dolphin and kayak adventure for my husband's birthday. The person we were communicating with was very nice and we ended up booking a few weeks before we were to arrive at Rainbow Beach. However, when we arrived for the 12:30 departure at 12:00 we paid and were then told that it was cancelled. Before being offered a refund, the shop assistant tried to talk us into coming back another day but we had to depart. We said we understood, as maybe the conditions on the bright and sunny day were misleading but then we saw the sign that said 11am departure! The shop assistant had no explanation and actually vented her frustration around lack of communication herself. Very disappointing, wish they would understand people are very hopeful in partaking in what seemed to be a unique experience with them.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Mrs P
Tyron v, Owner at Epic Ocean Adventures, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hi guys,
firstly we are sorry you were unable to experience our tour on this day. On an update of weather forecast the day before we made the decision to run the tour earlier in the day due to forecasts of strong winds in the afternoon. We had emailed you twice, once the day before and once the early morning of the tour to inform you of the time change as we had not received a phone number as requested with all bookings. We also inform all bookings to reconfirm within 24 hours of departure in case of any late changes due to weather.
We make these changes not only to give you the best experience but also to keep our 100% safety record with all tours. We do understand that this can be frustrating to some people who have no idea on how the weather can effect the tours.
Hope to see you at another time and look forward to giving you a great experience.
regards,
Ty
“Kayaking at Double Island Point was so much fun and we even got to see dolphins!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It was the last day of our stay in Rainbow Beach and we took an early morning kayaking trip. It began with a 20 minute drive along the beach under the famous dunes of multi coloured sand. This in itself was exciting as I had never driven on a beach! It was a beautiful sunny morning and the sea was glistening. When we got to the point our guide, Ty, got us kitted up and paired up and into the water in our kayaks after some instruction. Paddling was not too hard and pretty relaxing. On the way out Ty kept us entertained with stories of the sea creatures of the area. Suddenly, there they were - dolphins, lots of them! Amazingly they don't seem to be afraid of the boats and seemed to follow us around. This was such a treat which I won't forget for a while. Thanks so much Ty for such a privilege. It was great!

Visited September 2013
Geelong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place, Great experience, Great Blokes!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is just paradise!!
My wife & I had a surfing lesson at double Island point & could possibly say this is one of the nicest beaches in australia.
The day started with a refreshing juice from the juice bar they have within the surf store and then headed off on an adventurous drive along the beach (20 mins) past the coloured sands and onto double island point where there where a few yachts anchored in the peaceful inlet.
Sean took us for a walk up to the lookout on the point just to be greeted with a pod of dolphins darting through the waves right on cue! Amazing!
We were then greeted by some perfect little 2 ft waves gently rolling around the point, which were perfect for the beginner surfer.
After a couple of hours upon catching wave after wave were stoked with excitement & also totally stuffed, so we were homeward bound but this time through the national park - Wow! another great experience, beautiful bushland with amazing scenery. We stopped for a for a drink at the bbq area where we witnessed some beautiful goannas just peacfully sunning themselves on the grassed areas.
We arrived shortly after back at the shop totally satisfied with what we had just experienced - something very special ! I think I wouldve been stoked if there were no waves, the drive along the beach & through the national park was enough!
I cannot recommend these guys highly enough, great place, great experience & great blokes!
I cant wait to re-visit & try their other tours. Keep up the great work guys!

Visited April 2013
Cairns
“Awesome Trips, Great Guides”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My 7 year old and I decided to do the two trips with Rainbow Beach Surf Centre and Dolphin Kayaking. On our tours there were no other children and I was a bit worried it may not end up being suitable for kids but I was more than surprised that the guides went out of there way to make sure he enjoyed himself. These guys are great. We got to see the most amazing scenery on the trips out to the kayaking and surfing which is worth the trip alone. On our second day we did the surfing tour and I can not say enough about the guide. He spent time encouraging my little boy and getting him excited about surfing. I now have a little boy who is standing up on a surfboard and is hooked. It is something he will now do for the rest of his life. We had the privelidge of seeing so many dolphins up so so close we did not know where to look next. Highly Recommended and I am returning in 6 weeks to take some family out to enjoy. Thanks Guys !!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction