“Perfect Proposal”

and up
Rainbow Beach Horse Ride
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a unique and amazing experience with a variety of different horse ride adventures to choose from. Our beach ride is very popular, as it is set in one on the most beautiful beaches you will ever visit, pristine sands with crystal clear waters and brilliant blue skies. Rainbow Beach is called Australia’s Nature Coast and it is easy to see why. The bush land, native animals and coloured sands is why Rainbow Beach is often listed in travel guides as a must visit for anyone going to QLD. We are proud to show you the area in the best possible way. Our gentle horses are fun loving, sweet natured and always happy to meet new people. Our rides include, beach rides, swimming rides, yes, we take both you and the horse into the water they love it and so do our guests. We also have full moon rides, multi day rides and country rides. Andrew McCarthy owns a beautiful piece of land at Goomboorian, which is located half way between Gympie and Rainbow Beach. He offers a scenic ride through lush green hills, natural waterholes and spectacular views of this area. The native animals are accustomed to his presence so they are not shy and often come out to view the visitors. We also offer personalised rides for special occasions. Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or any special event you would like to make a truly memorable one. We have witnessed many marriage proposals and been privileged to be part of numerous weddings. Picnics on the beach are popular in autumn and winter when the water maybe too cool for a swim. Whatever you have in mind we will work with you to make it happen. Rainbow Beach Horse Rides cater for all levels of riding abilities from absolute beginners through to experienced riders. We take photos on every ride, which are available to all guests free of charge at the end of the ride. Age and Weight Guidelines - For the safety of our horses and customers we follow the industry standard of a 95kg weight limit and an age limit of 10 years and over. For those under 10 without extensive riding experience, we can arrange private or led rides to cater to the individual’s needs. Location: Rainbow Beach is approximately 3 hours north of Brisbane and 90 minutes north of the Sunshine Coast. The closet airport is Sunshine Coast or if you are flying international then Brisbane. A shuttle service is available from both airports to Rainbow Beach. Rainbow Beach has an abundance of accommodation to suit every style and budget. From backpackers through to 5 Star Resorts and self-contained beach houses. We are happy to recommend places according to your needs. Andrew and the team would love you to join us for a spectacular riding experience. We are here to help with any questions you may have and believe in giving personal service, so please feel free to contact us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Planning our anniversary celebrations, my partner and I decided to return to Rainbow Beach where we'd spent our very first getaway together, some eight years ago.
Always having wanted to do a horse ride, we decided that we should do one while we were up there. Little did I know that my partner, Dean had already discussed, planned and organised everything to set up his surprise proposal. The crew had even made up a story that they other riders had cancelled their ride, so it conveniently left just the two of us for the entire duration of the trek.
We got to spend the time getting to know Andrew and the crew, and enjoyed absolutely every second on our horses for the day - Ringo and Honky Tonk.
This experience will forever go hand in hand with our memories of the proposal, and for such a large moment in a person's, and couples life/lives, we couldn't be happier.
Thank you so much to the team and the beautiful horses. I didn't think that I could smile any more on the ride, but I was wrong. We didn't stop smiling the entire three days thereon, and I love that you guys are part of that happy memory that we will have forever.
No doubt in my mind that we will go back for many, many more.
Tahlia (& Dean)

Andrew M, Owner at Rainbow Beach Horse Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Awww. Such beautiful words Tahlia. The way you have worded that expresses the heartfelt emotions behind the experience. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Andrew

All reviews
"free photos"
"longer ride"
"moonlight ride"

Reviewed 10 July 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I felt like we were truly taken of. The level of professionalism and customer care is second to none. As an inexperienced rider, having only ridden a handful of times in my life, I felt comfortable and safe in the saddle, and never nervous -- I dare say, I felt like an experienced rider!. At every moment, I felt "taken care of". My 7-year old was even able to ride on his own after a short while ! I currently live in Canada, but thinking of moving to Queensland someday - and if I do, this will be a birthday present to myself every year, for sure !

Andrew M, Owner at Rainbow Beach Horse Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thanks Sophie. It was a pleasure to meet you. Glad you were able to come out with us and forget about life for a short time :) Andrew

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Vickie and I went on this ride a couple of days ago, it was a fantastic experience. We have very limited horse riding experience and Andrew and Nicole were terrific explaining every thing to us. The horses were beautiful throughout our 1 1/2 hour ride along Rainbow Beach.
Highly recomend, even for people with next to no experience.
Thanks Andrew and Nicole, and your beautiful horses.

1  Thank Michael C
Andrew M, Owner at Rainbow Beach Horse Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thanks guys. Believe it or not, it was just as awesome for us. We still love it every day. How lucky are we. Thank You. Andrew

Reviewed 7 June 2014

What a wonderful morning we had today. While spending the long weekend in Rainbow Beach, we surprised our children, especially our horse mad daughter, with a ride on the beach. Andrew and the team were very welcoming from the minute we arrived. Riding in the sunshine through the bush coming out onto the beach was breathtaking. We waited with great anticipation to see the photos taken during the ride. They were amazing, thank you SO much. Can highly recommend this experience to all.

Andrew M, Owner at Rainbow Beach Horse Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks Leesa. I love the words you used to describe the experience.

Makes me want to go for a ride!!!! :)

Appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Andrew