“Amazing place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emu Park
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights middle of feb with my boyfriend and we just loved it :) we had been staying in some real awful places getting here was such a. Relief ! Its lovely, lovely staff, lovely room great pool, lovely family dog! & the owners paul & mandy were so friendly paul really went the extra mile to help us do a bit of fishing by driving us down to a local spot for the day :) we would thoroughly recommend and would defo go back :) thanks from sarah and luke

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
EmusBeachResort, Owner at Emus Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
It was so nice to meet you both and sorry you couldn't stay longer, so we could've taken you out to the reef, fishing. Next time. Thanks for the review and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

amazing again! thanks to Paul, Mandy, the Irish girls and all the crew for all of our great stays. great food rooms, facilities and service, book it now! lots of love BGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
EmusBeachResort, Owner at Emus Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and are very lucky to have "The Irish Girls" working with us! They do a fantastic job. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and look forward to seeing you again, one day soon.
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here Mar 15-17 and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and have balconies! The pool and kitchen were also very clean. Perfect spot to hang out or reach the Keppel Islands from. The Irish girls working the front desk went the extra mile in researching some activities for us too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to be staying here one night, unfortunately there was a fatal traffic accident on the highway and the road was closed.

I rang the hostel and was told I'd still be charged because I hadn't let them know within 48 hours....I had only booked that morning as well. Checked the news reports and the road wasn't opened until 2am. Really disappointed.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank AndrewRandall
We are really sorry that you were held up and couldn't make your stay with us. Unfortunately, cancelling that late in the day, makes it impossible to resell your room that we've been holding for you. We do hope you had a safe onward journey.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here in May 2013 with a group of travellers on the Topdeck tour. The accomodation was excellent, I shared a four bed room with ensuite, room was bright and airy and spotless.

The food was probably the best we had on the whole tour. A special mention for the staff who work hard & make you feel like you have known them forever!

Would totally recommend - Don't miss out on this place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a backpacker traveling with serious food allergies on a Topdeck tour, I was extremely impressed at the lengths that management went to to make sure that those with food allergies on our tour were well looked after. The peace of mind this provided was greatly appreciated, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and I would certainly stay at this accommodation again if presented with the opportunity.

Thanks for a great stay, fantastic meals, and a great time.

Eric from Canada.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

1. After reading the other reviews I can say I also found very stinky tea towels that were replaced x 1 immediately; thank you. More clean tea towels is hardly worthy of a complaint, a mere mention only and I will pack my own as we continue to travel, no big deal.

2. The front counter girls are a mixed bag and I can only assume the same unenthused check in lady who came across to me as childlike and I took this as a communication issue found during stays where international workers work! The manager is protective of her staff, but also open to any complaints also mentioned by others. i.e. missing/broken/empty services.

3. Everything is there, I found the place clean and friendly; there is a focus on making international visitors welcome and this rubs off on everyone. Cold beer, nice pool, open ammenities i.e. not too many rules and I was able to sleep and work.

4. This is the only gripe and it is huge and the front counter girls really have an obligation to tell Backpackers that twice a week every week there are other important contracts that fill Emu Park and we had to leave after 6 nights. Why were we offered a weekly rate of 6 nights the 7th free when there will never be a 7th night. I asked if we could leave our things while we stayed elsewhere for the nights they are booked out, "twice a week every week" and they said no. That meant we would have to cart all of our things to somewhere else, anywhere else we could find for any price with all our stuff and this really was something that needed to be clear before arrival and as soon as when I tried to get the 7th night free on arrival. As I packed all our belongings I went to the front office where the childlike lady was on shift and I asked how often do you have contracts that fill the facillity and she said "twice a week, every week and no, there is nowhere to leave your things" and then I asked to see the manager.

Really, a Backpackers with weekly rates and no weekly accomodation, ever. If you are not reliant on a permanent spot to work or look for work and are looking for a great few days, not Saturday or Wednesday then this really was a lovely spot to stay.

Lastly, bunk beds with air-conditioning at least in one room set aside for Backpackers with a storage cupboard onsite. People who want weekly accomodation, not be constrained and inconvienced by your inflexible contracts and/or anyone finds completely moving out twice a week as the stangest set up ever, than this place is a problem. I saw the furry on the face of another Backpacker in the kitchen and I knew why!!! I asked anyway and knew management just heard this same frustration from me. It is what it is, being told before we got there would have saved all this for everyone. There was plenty of room for everyones stuff; this was more a policy than a space issue. Management offered a ride with our stuff on their Emu Park Bus, if we could be ready in 10 minutes and we were and are grateful.

Perfect EVERYTHING about this place! but...................

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
EmusBeachResort, Owner at Emus Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks for your review and kind words regarding our backpackers. The "childlike" receptionist is a young girl, who has just finished year 12 and trying to learn the tourism industry. Everyone has to start somewhere and she is doing a fantastic job, for someone her age. As the owner, I was in the background and advising her on all aspects of your stay. Upon booking, you asked for 6 nights, and therefore, there was no need for her to let you know the 7th night was already booked out with a group. As you requested an extension while you were here, she then told you the bad news. We don't often get Australians staying long term in dorms and therefore didn't believe it necessary to let you know our future bookings, until you asked for them.

Unfortunately, we don't have alot of storage space and therefore can't hold peoples luggage that are paying to stay elsewhere. We offer it to guests going on day trips and late buses only. We do also have dorms for long term guests, which were also full. We have a large group working of guests working locally and they have filled our long term accommodation. They pay the "stay 7 pay 6" rate. Unfortunately, you and your son arrived over the busiest time of the year for us and we could not accommodate your needs at that time. We are not fully booked like that all year round, however much I wish we were.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emu Park
#1 of 7 in Yeppoon
Endeavour Inn Emu Park
Endeavour Inn Emu Park
#1 of 2 in Emu Park

Been to Emus Beach Resort? Share your experiences!