“Fentons Restaurant.”

Ipswich, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fentons Restaurant.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Food was very good and service also above average.

prices were quite reasonable.
Atmosphere is relaxed but still has an air of' "fine dining".

• Visited December 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Utter Disappointment”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

For the sake of your tastebuds and money do not go here! The food was of a very poor quality as was the service provided. I don't mind spending $160 on a meal (I've spent $400 + before) as long as the food quality was not matching that of an average pub. The pricing for the quality should be a third of the price.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Richard A
Brisbane, Australia
“Magnificent”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Tonight my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at Fenton's as we do every year. We started with the bread which was fresh and warm, delicious. My wife had the eye fillet which she had well done. And I had the duck. Once again delicious. We had dessert, the strawberry cake for my wife and I had the ginger pudding. These were to die for. The atmosphere was fine but the furnishings are dated. The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and made our night . Particular congrats to Elise, our waitress, she was a credit to the restaurant. Beautiful smile and helpful and friendly manner. I think the experience was even better than last year and that was great.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank DarylN294
Ipswich, Australia
“Surprised it's still open”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

It surprises me this place is still open.... However, sadly , there is little to none in the way of "fine dining" nearby.
We went for a family birthday. The meals are over priced. The drinks are over priced. The menu has barely changed in 10 years and it's a boring menu. I always struggle to find something I want.
Then when the meals eventually arrived, they were tiny. We all went back to a family members house for some snacks and drinks because we were all still hungry.
Over $120 got us an entree to share, 2 mains and i only had 1 gin....

Won't go back.

Woolgoolga, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I dined at Fentons last night, and being new to the area it was a relief to find a fine dining restaurant in Ipswich! We started with oysters and the smoked salmon bread, he had steak and I had the chicken, and we finished with the shared chocolate indulgence dessert. Everything was superb and the service was excellent. My only suggestion would be to dim the lights in the front part of the restaurant a little further. But everything was lovely and exactly what you would expect with the price tag you're paying. We will definitely be back to Fentons.