“Yuk!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Ipswich
Melbourne, Australia
“Yuk!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This motel was very unclean and no way 3.5 stars . Desperately needs updating and a good clean the blankets were dirty in the cupboard . Everything of a very low standard. The man at reception was very unhelpful when I enquired about replacing our towels which by 4.30 pm hadn't been done. Really quite rude ! Would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone. I know the rates were cheap but good service and a clean place to stay doesn't cost much !!!!!!

Room Tip: The spa room was a lot better than the family room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

In September 2012 I booked 2 rooms at this motel for the Queens Birthday weekend 2013. In February 2013 I reconfirmed as we were attending the State Netball Champs and accommodation was in demand. Both times I was told by a female not to pay a deposit! (Should have been a warning bell!) When I rang to confirm 3 days out, I was told by the 'Manager' that there was no booking under my name. He said when he confirmed with people 2 weeks prior, 3 bookings did not answer their phone therefore he cancelled their bookings!!!
Being a business owner myself, this is extremely bad business! Firstly, there were no missed calls on my phone and secondly, if he did ring (which he didn't), why did he not leave a message? He did not care that we now had no accommodation, did not apologise and clearly wasn't going to assist in any way.
I give this 'Manager' a big fat ZERO! And its safe to say that my family and anyone I speak to will not be staying at his motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ipswich hotels

Reviewed 18 June 2013

When I booked this motel I knew it wasn't going to be anything special. I just wanted a cheap one. No one else was staying here so obviously they payed a bit more somewhere else ha ha. It was pretty clean apart from the glasses in the fridge had been sitting there unused for ages by the looks. There was a weird off putting stain on the bath mat but they had been cleaned, they are the cheapest towels they found though. The walls in the bathroom are in much need of a wipe over from the shower. The lady at reception was friendly. I wouldn't be in a hurry to stay there again but I wouldn't reject the idea either.

• Stayed May 2013
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The motel was situated in a location that was easy for us to travel to whatever place we needed to go to. The rooms were a good size and beds were good to sleep in. The rooms were also clean and tidy. Only disappointing aspect was the breakfast. The meal was still OK but it was not worth the cost. You had toast but no butter. When breakfast arrived it was barely warm. Overall experience was still good.

Room Tip: Rooms up the back area are the family suites but overall the rooms are pretty much the same
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
sunshine coast
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The pool was not nice and very tiny. We had to ask for bath towels, and they had to fix the phone as lines were disconnected by the cleaners. Room Area size was fine and they had a microwave and toaster. Signs in room say ANTS are a Qld problem and to secure food items etc. Definitely not 3 1/2 star. Nyngan Country Manor Motor Inn was same price and 3 times as good.

Room Tip: Our double room came with a single also but the pool was the big negative.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ozdrifter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Quest Ipswich Serviced Apartments
Woodlands of Marburg
Woodlands of Marburg
#1 of 1 in Marburg
Best Western Ipswich Heritage Motor Inn

Been to Ipswich City Motel? Share your experiences!